An Internetworking Success Story?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

Saw this post today.

Someone left a lengthy, in-depth comment, arguing in favor of life extension research, and, in the process, provided a link to the site.

Just wondering if this was the work of the internetworking team. If so. Bravo!!

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:31 PM

Not sure, but that is exactly what the team is going for. Thats great news, and should serve as excellent inspiration for the team to continue marching forward.

Amongst other things, the team lines up relevant links to places where we can get through to people about the cause, and then anybody can go in there and like bowling pins, help continuously knock them all down.

#3 Vgamer1

• Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:27 PM

It wasn't us, but this is great! Definitely adding this link to one of the INW topics.

If someone could find out who posted this, that would be great.

#4 Vgamer1

• Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

We actually have a real internetworking success story. A member from a board based in Ireland recently joined imminst

CerebralCortex from this thread: http://www.boards.ie.......1385&page=6

His name on imminst is also CerebralCortex. He's coming to Irvine for a Humanity+ seminar. I just got my tickets as well.

Edited by Vgamer1, 16 October 2009 - 06:28 PM.

#5 CerebralCortex

• 123 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:25 PM

Oh yay I'm famous, I must be the only person in Ireland on this forum :)

#6 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:48 PM

Youll probably find many more. We may be helping people form chapters in places like ireland soon. Are you interested in that? What is a project that you think the life extension cause would be well off to get going or to get going more for exposure for the cause?

#7 CerebralCortex

• 123 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:43 AM

Youll probably find many more. We may be helping people form chapters in places like ireland soon. Are you interested in that? What is a project that you think the life extension cause would be well off to get going or to get going more for exposure for the cause?

Hey Brokenportal I'm not the only one for sure but Ireland is sparse land devoid of major population centers. I'd be very interested in starting a chapter I was thinking about starting a humanity+ chapter or at least entertaining the idea so by all means I'd appreciate the help.

#8 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

Good to read! Congrats :)

I'm not sure how difficult it is to get to where you are in Ireland from England, but I may be able to come to a live meeting if you find some interested individuals in Ireland, as small as 3 can be useful for making live-time connections, that help with continuing on-line efforts over the years of interacting with others. On a side note- it looks like I'll be speaking about ImmInst at Extrobritannia in London this November 28th (I'll post the details when it is finalized) but I heard that around 40 attend each of their monthly meetings :)

#9 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

Please do help us discuss the ins and outs of the chapters section that me and captainbeefheart (so far) are working on. Its here: http://www.imminst.o...pters-f364.html

Im thinking that when we get to that point, we will consider these "Longecity" chapters. Longecity is a web site that some of the members are working on to merge all the organizations in to a "Longevity Communities Network." You can see where its at in its progress here: http://longecity.com/indexcopy.php

When this is all set up we'll be recruiting people to the chapter/flyer team. They will all go on a list, and get sent out monthly reminders. They will be classified as helpers until they perform the minimum monthly requirement for the team, and that will be to put out a set number of flyers. We arent sure what that number will be yet, but it might be say, 25.

#10 CerebralCortex

• 123 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

Good to read! Congrats :~

I'm not sure how difficult it is to get to where you are in Ireland from England, but I may be able to come to a live meeting if you find some interested individuals in Ireland, as small as 3 can be useful for making live-time connections, that help with continuing on-line efforts over the years of interacting with others.

Well I'm located in Limerick city which is very close to Shannon airport. There is a meetup.com group started by a guy in Dublin but there are only 6 or 7 guys signed up to that including myself and he hasn't committed to a meeting because a lack of numbers.

On a side note- it looks like I'll be speaking about ImmInst at Extrobritannia in London this November 28th (I'll post the details when it is finalized) but I heard that around 40 attend each of their monthly meetings :~

Thanks for the heads up!

#11 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

We've been considering merging meetup with this chapters work but from what I can see meet up charges like $70 for 6 months or something like that. How can people afford to pay that if their chapters arent always even meeting? Maybe Im missing something. Is there a non pay version?

#12 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:53 PM

Please do help us discuss the ins and outs of the chapters section that me and captainbeefheart (so far) are working on. Its here: http://www.imminst.o...pters-f364.html

Im thinking that when we get to that point, we will consider these "Longecity" chapters. Longecity is a web site that some of the members are working on to merge all the organizations in to a "Longevity Communities Network." You can see where its at in its progress here:

Tadaa!! Longecity is up!!!

See http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=38203

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users