Photo
- - - - -

Cleanser / Facewash

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ali

• 35 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

Im looking for a decent cleanser to implement in to my regime of tretinoin/azelacic in the evening and ascorbic acid and sunscreen in the morning.

Currently using dermadoctors "aint behaving cleanser", but its so dame expensive shipping to the UK.

Looking for something really mild and pH balanced or maybe something more on the acidic side. I know eva recommended using a female hygine product on ur face but cant bring my self to using it :-P

Was just wondering what the rest of u peeps are using :-)

#2 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

Nutrogena Deep Clean cleanser (ph around 4)

Earth Science Clarifying facial wash (ph 5.0....very cheap at vitacost.com)

Edited by immortali457, 22 September 2009 - 07:40 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:59 PM

I know eva recommended using a female hygine product on ur face but cant bring my self to using it :-P

I recommend getting over this.

#4 miklu

• 63 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

Im looking for a decent cleanser to implement in to my regime of tretinoin/azelacic in the evening and ascorbic acid and sunscreen in the morning.

Currently using dermadoctors "aint behaving cleanser", but its so dame expensive shipping to the UK.

Looking for something really mild and pH balanced or maybe something more on the acidic side. I know eva recommended using a female hygine product on ur face but cant bring my self to using it :-P

I'm using The Body Shop's Aloe Gentle Facial Wash. It's 13€ / 125ml in Finland. It was suggested by Frederik (a well-known tretinoin user) in his skincare regimen thread. It's extremely non-irritating, and easily washes off my daily sunscreen. It also has vitamin E, which is a plus.

I'm thinking about switching to The Body Shop's tree tea oil based cleansers though, since its benefits seem more well-proven than those of aloe vera.

I'm also using Neutrogena's (Johnson & Johnson) oil-free salicylic acid cleanser intermittently as a comedolytic agent. It's great for acne and also mildly exfoliating, but somewhat irritating on sensitive areas (around eyes and around nose), where I avoid putting it on.

I know eva recommended using a female hygine product on ur face but cant bring my self to using it :-P

Which female hygiene product are you talking about?

Edited by miklu, 22 September 2009 - 08:25 PM.

#5 Ali

• Topic Starter
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:06 PM

Are you sure its pH 5, ive test a few neutrogena products and they've always been around 7.

#6 Ali

• Topic Starter
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:08 PM

I'm using The Body Shop's Aloe Gentle Facial Wash. It's 13€ / 125ml in Finland. It was suggested by Frederik (a well-known tretinoin user) in his skincare regimen thread. It's extremely non-irritating, and easily washes off my daily sunscreen. It also has vitamin E, which is a plus.

I'm thinking about switching to The Body Shop's tree tea oil based cleansers though, since its benefits seem more well-proven than those of aloe vera.

I'm also using Neutrogena's (Johnson & Johnson) oil-free salicylic acid cleanser intermittently as a comedolytic agent. It's great for acne and also mildly exfoliating, but somewhat irritating on sensitive areas (around eyes and around nose), where I avoid putting it on.

Which female hygiene product are you talking about?

From a Eva routine thread, quote by her....

"I like very much Lactacyd Skin from Glaxo Smith Kline. Buy it at the pharmacy for like 5 EU. It does not contain too much Sodium Laureth Sulphate and no fragrance nor colour. It has Lactic Acid and ph 5.5. It won't irritate the skin and washes off easily. Cleanses well. What morre can you ask for?!
It was originally developed for the intim area and was called Femina but now it is called Skin and has a thicker more creamy consistence. It is really good as a face wash as well. It comes in a neutral white plastic bottle of 250ml. Not sure though you can buy it everywhere or it is just for the Scandinavian market"

http://www.imminst.o...o...20585&st=20

#7 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:46 PM

Are you sure its pH 5, ive test a few neutrogena products and they've always been around 7.

http://www.dianayvon...commoncleanser/

#8 Ali

• Topic Starter
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:45 PM

That s brilliant!!! Excellent find!! Thank you

#9 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:39 AM

That s brilliant!!! Excellent find!! Thank you

Glad I could help. More info. you might find interesting. http://www.essential...d.php?tid=18360

#10 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:01 PM

I started using Eucerin gentle hydrating cleanser after Mia suggested it for my tretinoin related irritation. I am doing fairly well on it I must say. It is PH balanced but I don't know the exact number.

#11 Ali

• Topic Starter
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

I started using Eucerin gentle hydrating cleanser after Mia suggested it for my tretinoin related irritation. I am doing fairly well on it I must say. It is PH balanced but I don't know the exact number.

cool thanks for that, think the trick is to find something that hasnt got too much sodium laurth sulfate or equivalent and a pH lower then 5.5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users