- - - - -

Combatting the Pro Aging Trance and Informing

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:58 AM

There is a topic asking, "what are some techniques you use to combat the pro aging trance."

Some of us were going to use our ideas, and the results from that topic to do things like make a "Combatting the Pro Aging Trance Quiz."

Since then many of us have come to realize that its not so much that people are in a pro aging trance all the time, as it is that some people are in a pro aging trance to various degrees, and that still many other people are just plain uninformed.

Im very interested in this project. I see people commenting about their techniques, or saying how they cant get through, or want to get through people, and stuff like that, all the time.

I asked myself, If I were to try to get a cpati class together what might it go like? and from the ideas I remember from around the cause, this is what I came up with.

Things to cover:
Crowd mentality
Hearing from 3 or more credible sources
Inform don’t persuade
Use appeals to authority
Learn how to spot worth while personalities, its not a loss if your trying to pitch to a troll, it’s a troll, avoid it,
People naturally take the devils advocate side often
Try the Socratic method
Don’t argue,
Learn the good responses to the common questions.
Learn how to turn a disagreement into agreement, “I used to think that, Ive found, Im sure you would agree”
Get back up support where you can
avoid groups and try more 1 on 1s.
carry literature, people are increasingly apt believe what they see in official writing,
hook them in, it will do no good if your sprout started to work and then they never hear about the cause again,
avoid taboo words
target them with the appropriate organization, cel, sens, car, imminst, etc..

Add to this list if you want. Discuss it here, if a spark ignites this project then lets get it going. Until then Ill be working on it slowly via this topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users