Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Drugstore Resveratrol

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 katrina

• 117 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:19 AM

Been taking 2 pills of Walgreens finest every day. And as I have mentioned in another post, I have seen some improvements. But today, one of them nearly made me jump for joy. Not sure if it is from taking it for a while, or if it was from adding the grape seed extract. I shaved my legs today in the shower with soap. This is usually very harsh on the skin. And results in dry, flaky, peeling skin. But right now, my legs are sooo soft! In fact, just realized today, that all my skin is! My skin right now is as plump, smooth, and soft as my 23 year old daughters. (But a little less plump in the face. Although my complexion is quite lovely.) And in the areas not exposed to the sun as much(underside of arms etc...), it is like a babies bottom! After I typed this I went to my daughter for a real time comparison on our arms. Both tops and underneath, mine were softer than hers! For real! She was the one to say that! You could not see any age difference in the majority of my skin (The missing facial plumpness gives me away.) But, my facial skin is much more plump than it used to be.

I am definately upgrading my resveratrol. Right now I am torn between 2 products. It was 3, but the third site trashed one of the other 2 sites ingredients. When will they learn that folks notice those things. Shame on them. Anyways, I may take 250mg micronized or 400mg 98% pure. This is where I am having difficulty deciding. The 400mg pills are only $35 for 60 pills. Not too shabby.

I am also thinking that even though my middle aged skin is oilier now, I should still use a face cream. I can sop up the excess with a face powder. And perhaps I am leaning towards the micronized. Why? I can combine it with walgreens provectin. For less than $30 you get a huge 6oz tube. It is their strivectin knockoff. Or I could buy the micronized for my face cream and the 400mg pills to ingest. Sounds like a plan!

Provectin™ contains: Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Palmitoy Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Rapeseed Oil, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Hyaluronic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Cocoa Butter, Sorbitan Olivate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, Mango Butter, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Zea Mays Oil Corn, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Tocopherol Acetate Vitamin E, Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C, Retinyl Palmitate Vitamin A, Pyridoxine HCI Vitamin B6, Cholecalciferol Vitamin D3, Silica, Sodium Propoxyhydroxypropyl Thiosulfate Silica, Extracts of Cucumber, Green Tea, Grapeseed, Peach, Seaweed, Lemon, Calendula, Ginkgo Biloba and Ginger.

#2 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:40 PM

Been taking 2 pills of Walgreens finest every day. And as I have mentioned in another post, I have seen some improvements. But today, one of them nearly made me jump for joy. Not sure if it is from taking it for a while, or if it was from adding the grape seed extract. I shaved my legs today in the shower with soap. This is usually very harsh on the skin. And results in dry, flaky, peeling skin. But right now, my legs are sooo soft! In fact, just realized today, that all my skin is! My skin right now is as plump, smooth, and soft as my 23 year old daughters. (But a little less plump in the face. Although my complexion is quite lovely.) And in the areas not exposed to the sun as much(underside of arms etc...), it is like a babies bottom! After I typed this I went to my daughter for a real time comparison on our arms. Both tops and underneath, mine were softer than hers! For real! She was the one to say that! You could not see any age difference in the majority of my skin (The missing facial plumpness gives me away.) But, my facial skin is much more plump than it used to be.

I am definately upgrading my resveratrol. Right now I am torn between 2 products. It was 3, but the third site trashed one of the other 2 sites ingredients. When will they learn that folks notice those things. Shame on them. Anyways, I may take 250mg micronized or 400mg 98% pure. This is where I am having difficulty deciding. The 400mg pills are only $35 for 60 pills. Not too shabby.

I am also thinking that even though my middle aged skin is oilier now, I should still use a face cream. I can sop up the excess with a face powder. And perhaps I am leaning towards the micronized. Why? I can combine it with walgreens provectin. For less than $30 you get a huge 6oz tube. It is their strivectin knockoff. Or I could buy the micronized for my face cream and the 400mg pills to ingest. Sounds like a plan!

Provectin™ contains: Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Palmitoy Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Rapeseed Oil, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Hyaluronic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Cocoa Butter, Sorbitan Olivate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-3, Mango Butter, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Zea Mays Oil Corn, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Tocopherol Acetate Vitamin E, Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C, Retinyl Palmitate Vitamin A, Pyridoxine HCI Vitamin B6, Cholecalciferol Vitamin D3, Silica, Sodium Propoxyhydroxypropyl Thiosulfate Silica, Extracts of Cucumber, Green Tea, Grapeseed, Peach, Seaweed, Lemon, Calendula, Ginkgo Biloba and Ginger.

I think that the emulsified, micronized, pure oral is the way to go. Combine that with an oral RLA supplement
and you should really see a difference! There are also RLA facial creams.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 katrina

• Topic Starter
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 05:47 AM

Actually, I bought both. I will be putting the micronized into the provectin. I am certain I won't need that many for this, so I can alternate types Since a higher does of Walgreens causes my PAT to act up, I will have 2 different products to try.

Oh and I can also tell you that the inexpensive Provectin works better in some ways than the $250 3labs M Cream. The M Cream will temporarily plump up areas of the skin. Which is nice first thing in the morning. And it has a nice texture and smell. But, the provectin works better in the long term picture. And is great for folks with allergic shiners. Although it is a bit heavy for me. Before M cream I always prefered unscented moisturizers (like Provectin) due to sensitive eyes. But the M cream proved to me that not all scents irritate your eyes. And I have been actually contemplating adding a non irritating scent to the Provectin. It wil be interesting to see how Provectin works with resveretrol.

Sorry to go on so much about face cream. But I am a face cream purchasing junkie. And buy new brands of goop every chance I get. Why? Because they all do the same thing..... NOT WORK! LOL.... The Provectin is the first one that I have actually decided to stick with. Mainly since it reduces the darkness under my eyes. And I would suggest it for men also since it is unscented. But remember, all face creams need to be tried over a 3-6 week period before deciding if it works for you.

The resveratrol along with the grape seed extract seem to complement each other, A LOT. And I was wondering if there are some folks here that would be willing to try this themselves. Then we could compare notes.

BTW, the coding for the chat box needs changed. I am getting sea sick. LOL....

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#4 gregandbeaker

• 184 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:38 PM

The resveratrol along with the grape seed extract seem to complement each other, A LOT. And I was wondering if there are some folks here that would be willing to try this themselves. Then we could compare notes.

BTW, the coding for the chat box needs changed. I am getting sea sick. LOL....

I've been taking 400mg of 50% resveratrol (Ray and Terry) and 95% Grapeseed extract 120mg of grape seed extract a day for six months now, but I really haven't been paying any attention to my skin health or look. I can say anecdotally that a co-worker remarked that I look "very healthy" the other day. I attributed it to major weight loss and my paleo diet, but perhaps the res+gs is helping with my skin also.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users