Photo
- - - - -

Good quality multi available in the UK?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Drifter

• 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:01 AM

Hi, I am looking for a good quality multi vitamin/mineral available in the UK. I would just order Orthocore, but am worried that I will get hit by customs import duty on top of the cost of the product, so if anyone has ordered this product from within the UK before their advice would be useful. Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 ntenhue

• Guest, F@H
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:17 AM

You can order from AOR europe. There is no chance the item will be seized.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 snake

• 38 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:12 PM

You can get ortho core in the uk,theres a free number on the website unles sits changed anyway i order them from there place in London and it comes next day

#4 Drifter

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:18 PM

You can get ortho core in the uk,theres a free number on the website unles sits changed anyway i order them from there place in London and it comes next day

OK thanks, I'd done a couple of google searches but had no idea they had distribution centers in europ and the UK. Problem solved :)

#5 Drifter

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

Just seen this quoted on the Orthocore page of AOR europe:

Cautions:

Not suitable for those taking anticoagulant (“blood thinning”) medications such as Warfarin. Long term intakes of this amount of Vitamin B6 (P5P) may lead to mild tingling and numbness.
That can't be good surely! Does this meen that Orthocore should not be used on a continuous bases for extended periods of time. And if that amount of B6 is a problem why don't they just put less of it in? I'm confused because I thought AOR formulated their products so as not to provide an excess of any neutriant, and then they warn me that the amount of B6 may cause problems.

Edited by Drifter, 28 July 2008 - 05:32 PM.

#6 balance

• 449 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:10 PM

Read this page on vitamin B6:

http://www.acu-cell.com/bx2.html

Low levels/Deficiency:

Numbness (pins and needles) in hands and/or feet.

High levels/Overdose:

Numbness in hands and/or feet (from high intake of pyridoxine, not pyridoxal-5-phosphate)

Edited by piet3r, 28 July 2008 - 09:13 PM.

#7 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:36 AM

Just seen this quoted on the Orthocore page of AOR europe:

Cautions:

Not suitable for those taking anticoagulant (“blood thinning”) medications such as Warfarin. Long term intakes of this amount of Vitamin B6 (P5P) may lead to mild tingling and numbness.
That can't be good surely! Does this meen that Orthocore should not be used on a continuous bases for extended periods of time. And if that amount of B6 is a problem why don't they just put less of it in? I'm confused because I thought AOR formulated their products so as not to provide an excess of any neutriant, and then they warn me that the amount of B6 may cause problems.

I see what you mean; I wouldn't risk my health, you should look for another Multi.

#8 quarter

• 132 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:06 AM

Numbness in hands and/or feet from high intake of pyridoxine B6, not pyridoxal-5-phosphate (P5P) B6

Therapeutic Range of B6: 50mg - 1,000mg+

Othocore dose of B6 (Pyridoxal-5-phosphate) = 100mg

Seems fine to me.

#9 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

You should be fine, just don't take the whole full dose of ortho core, i don't see why one would need to anyway! Plus if you start lowering b6 the effect goes away.

I order from AOR UK for years now, they usually arrive within 20 hours or so, very good service :)

#10 Drifter

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:13 AM

Thanks for your help everyone. I'll try what you suggest Mat, and take 2 or 3 of the 6 capsules a day on top of a balanced diet.

#11 Dmitri

• 841 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:32 AM

Numbness in hands and/or feet from high intake of pyridoxine B6, not pyridoxal-5-phosphate (P5P) B6

Seems fine to me.

Then why does Ortho Core even warn you about it if they're not using the form that causes those effects?

#12 quarter

• 132 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:53 AM

Seems fine to me.

Then why does Ortho Core even warn you about it if they're not using the form that causes those effects?

I'm not sure. Perhaps they are being overly careful in covering themselves against complaints etc.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 Drifter

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

Seems fine to me.

I'm not sure. Perhaps they are being overly careful in covering themselves against complaints etc.

That could be the case. In any case I guess enough people take it here on imminst, and none of them have reported this side effect as far as I am aware. I've now place an order for orthocore as it sems to be generally regarded as the best quality multi here at imminst, but wil stick to 3 capsules a day to be on the safe side.

Edited by Drifter, 01 August 2008 - 11:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users