Photo
- - - - -

Guess Who's Back?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:22 PM

A bit more subtle, a bit more savvy, a bit viral, a clearer photo, a more marketable image, but, any way you say it, any way you think it, Elixxir's back, and you can check it out here.

He is brash, brazen, impudent, and in your face, and we love it. ;)

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:48 PM

Nice to see an updated pic - although, who knows, maybe it was taken 20 years ago. You never know with Elixxer unless you could see him in person.

I have been trying to get him on the Sunday Evening Update. No confirmed date yet.

#3 Brafarality

• Topic Starter
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

Nice to see an updated pic - although, who knows, maybe it was taken 20 years ago. You never know with Elixxer unless you could see him in person.

LOL

I have been trying to get him on the Sunday Evening Update. No confirmed date yet.

He is an intriguing cat and I would definitely check it out if he agreed to do it.

I think he likes complete control over any press exposure or web content related to himself. An open, unrestricted interview would be really interesting and a refreshing contrast, and would probably help his eCommerce endeavor.

#4 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 12:05 PM

If he is real and looks that young,why isn't he more famous?

#5 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

Well, he could be real: photo does look heavily 'enhanced'/brushed. However I really cannot understand his claims following his program:

"Eat Anything No ban on carbs or meat. Don’t have to give up pasta or rice like on Atkins. You don’t have to become almost vegetarian like on Pritikin or Ornish. Champagne Is Fine So is fine wine, Cognac and Calvados! A toast to the Forever Young Life! No Hunger Never feel hungry or deprived---ever again!"

#6 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 02:42 PM

He amuses me to no end, since he is not a public figure and no one knows his name even in person he could substitute a coached younger person that resembles the pictures of him and pass them off as him not aging, this could be done for decades.

#7 Brafarality

• Topic Starter
  • 684 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

If he is real and looks that young,why isn't he more famous?

• Poor marketing and a language barrier, perhaps. I would also suggest, despite youth, a lack of attractiveness, but, good looks have never been prerequisite for success and recognition in the antiaging field.
  • Horrendous overuse of the quasi-authoritative Marilyn Much quote, if there really was one: "Elixxir is the only antiaging guru who has actually stayed young". It should probably be used sparingly for maximum impact.
  • Lack of a useful product or service: The closest thing, The Elixxir Manifesto, is but a diatribe. Any innovation is lost in its choppy, unfocused waters. And, offering his services as a personal trainer for $1,000,000 really doesn't count as a product. If the pricing was more realistic, his personal coaching services could be considered a product, and, perhaps, a potentially popular one. I am thinking: re-write book and re-brand personal coaching service for best chances.
  • Also, the play has not been played. He may yet become famous. You never know.
Cheers.

Edited by paulthekind, 13 August 2008 - 04:03 PM.

#8 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:17 PM

I believe Brian Delaney of the CR Society might have met Richard (which I believe is his name) Elixxir a few years back. Whether or not this guy is real and the photo represents how he is now, I think it really is possible to look 30 at 50, especially if CR is started early in life.

#9 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 04:17 PM

So who here has ordered the $114 "Elixxir Program". :) The intro reads like it is his spin on CR/IF.

#10 Brafarality

• Topic Starter
  • 684 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:55 PM

I heard of the Sunday Evening Update, but never checked it out until now: not bad! :)
You bring some genuine excitement to this extremely exciting, but often lost in data and facts, field.

For all who happen to browse this thread and have also heard of the update and want to check it out, here it is.
This way, you don't even have to browse another thread on the forum. That's it! Indulge your slothfulness for a moment. 'Tis ok.

In fact, Samuel Johnson edited a periodical entirely devoted to the subject of idleness called The Idler. :)

Cheers.

Edited by paulthekind, 13 August 2008 - 05:56 PM.

#11 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

I read his books and materials a few years back. He's basically pushing CR.

It's hard to believe that his photo is untouched. He could easily get himself onto ANY talk show (Oprah, Leno, etc.) if he really looks that good in person at age 50. Unless his English is just horrible, and I bet that's not the case since he writes well.

#12 Brafarality

• Topic Starter
  • 684 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:57 PM

I read his books and materials a few years back. He's basically pushing CR.

It's hard to believe that his photo is untouched. He could easily get himself onto ANY talk show (Oprah, Leno, etc.) if he really looks that good in person at age 50. Unless his English is just horrible, and I bet that's not the case since he writes well.

Yes, but maybe he should have a more developed book/website/instructional-video/personal-coaching-service ready to plug if he appeared on one. Otherwise, an opportunity might be squandered.

But, then again, maybe he is wise for sticking to his approach. Maybe it is novel in a way that I just don't see. Maybe it will just take longer to catch on.

#13 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

It's hard to believe that his photo is untouched.

that photo absolutely is photoshopped... i went to school for graphic design, and used to manage a photography company where i & the other employees spend a good deal of time touching people up in photoshop. it has telltale signs of altering... and i believe he also has a good amount of makeup on .

Edited by ajnast4r, 14 August 2008 - 01:21 PM.

#14 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:09 PM

Probably contacts too. He has to hide all that brown coming through his eyes.

#15 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:29 PM

Did you guys not see that he is trying to sell a 99$ "report"?

Scam.

#16 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

Hah funny.

By the way, i've seen the page for his report, that must be CR what he's preaching, so even if its useful its nothing new and you can get as much info from any place in the internet, unless he got some secrets in his report.

Edited by sam988, 14 August 2008 - 05:16 PM.

#17 Mind

• 19,080 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:42 PM

Did you guys not see that he is trying to sell a 99$ "report"?

Scam.

I don't think it is a complete scam. He must read about longevity trends and research because he is well aware of Imminst and Methuselah. The price he is charging for information that anyone can find here at Imminst, is rather exorbitant and his photos are probably touched-up, but other than that I get the feeling he is committed to life extension and is fairly knowledgeable.

#18 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

If he is putting together some kind of cr program and selling it, and promoting imminst and methuselah and stuff along with it, then I say we collaborate with him. (If it all checks out of course) We could promote him and try to work out a deal where the coaching service funds imminst. We could help him find more people to train to coach a program.

It would be easy to target something like this to places like Hollywood. Even if the program isnt worth x many dollars and can basically be found free in places like imminst, the rich there are largely naive, and dont care to much about the price anyways. They pay exorbanent prices for hype all the time. It could be a great way to benefit the indefinite life extension cause.

#19 Brafarality

• Topic Starter
  • 684 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:28 PM

If he is putting together some kind of cr program and selling it, and promoting imminst and methuselah and stuff along with it, then I say we collaborate with him. (If it all checks out of course) We could promote him and try to work out a deal where the coaching service funds imminst. We could help him find more people to train to coach a program.

It would be easy to target something like this to places like Hollywood. Even if the program isnt worth x many dollars and can basically be found free in places like imminst, the rich there are largely naive, and dont care to much about the price anyways. They pay exorbanent prices for hype all the time. It could be a great way to benefit the indefinite life extension cause.

IMHO, UR right on the mark, I just get the sense that Mr. Elixxir wants to do things on his own. He only ever seems to attack anyone else in the field and rarely has a kind word about anything other than his plan.

However, the chances of an expanded client base might be enough to entice him to consider proposals, so the ImmInst should maybe give it a shot. :)

#20 Brafarality

• Topic Starter
  • 684 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

Sorry, this post was in such poor taste, I had to edit it! :)

Edited by paulthekind, 14 August 2008 - 09:26 PM.

#21 Mind

• 19,080 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:09 PM

He is not promoting Imminst or Methuselah. No, no, no. He only promotes himself. He is AWARE of our organizations and once challenged Aubrey to a debate about funding sources.

#22 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

have Aubrey debated this guy?

#23 Brafarality

• Topic Starter
  • 684 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:55 PM

have Aubrey debated this guy?

Nope.

I say let's team up and show Elixxir what life extension is really about.
Who's with me?

Kidding! :)

#24 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:02 PM

If he could become a fund generating hype icon then Im not sure it would be a good idea for them to debate.

Kind of like how maybe, you dont want to debate the xprize, because showing people that it probably wont get them to be able to travel into space is going to demotivate them from supporting it. Whereas letting it stand alone is going to push them to support via hype.

#25 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:03 PM

Probably contacts too. He has to hide all that brown coming through his eyes.

Coming through his eyes or mouth?

#26 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:20 PM

Coming through his eyes or mouth?

The mouth can't spew enough to prevent the full build-up.

#27 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:16 AM

Can someone with the skills please turn the below picture into an animated avatar. I would like his head to bounce from side to side

Posted Image

#28 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:20 AM

If somebody can then please also do the same with some pictures of some prominent deathists.

#29 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:21 AM

In all seriousness, the guy that looks like a girl is Asian so his/her skin is thicker than that of westerner hence it doesn't wrinkle. He only looks young (if that's really him) because he has a baby face. There's a lot of foundation and make up used in the below shot

Posted Image

At the end of the day he looks young. Whoopdedoo. Calling yourself Elixxir is just too much.

#30 Brafarality

• Topic Starter
  • 684 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:31 AM

At the end of the day he looks young. Whoopdedoo. Calling yourself Elixxir is just too much.

It is pretty shallow of me to suggest it, but, for that very reason, if he could be turned, he could be a powerful ally. Can it be done?
(Darth Vader's reply here) :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users