Living to 100 in three years

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 captainbeefheart

• Guest, F@H
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:37 PM

http://www.dailymail...eady-years.html

What struct me most about the article was the poll, showing about a 50/50 spilt in who'd take a pill to live to 100. Like I know people get funny with the idea of 'forever' but even a 100!? that's not that much longer really then we live now! They are Daily Mail readers though...

#2 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:29 PM

when they approach 70 and the problems build up with their bodies and mind, and people all around them are using regenerative medicine to make themselves young again... so they can do anything they could when they were 20.... lets see if they refuse such treatments. I bet not! ;-) ignore it, stupid poll, they will change their minds when they see...

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:39 PM

Polls like that shows the ignorance of society (or yellow press readers) and usual opposition to "radical" ideas. In reality most of them would probably kill to get these treatments when the time comes.

#4 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:14 PM

From the article "Genetic inheritance also protects against the deadly impact of smoking.." . LOL, probably that's why my grandfather still has perfect lungs (doctors said so after a scan) after about 60 years of smoking the lowest quality cigarettes..

#5 churchill

• 286 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:27 PM

The results are like this because most people would assume that even though you would live to 100 you would also be in very bad condition.

If the question was reworded such that the person could take a pill which would take them to 100 but make them look and feel 30 you would get many more people saying yes.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#6 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 02:40 PM

The results are like this because most people would assume that even though you would live to 100 you would also be in very bad condition.

If the question was reworded such that the person could take a pill which would take them to 100 but make them look and feel 30 you would get many more people saying yes.

And that's the beauty of non-fiction usually always better/crazier than we ever imagined.... In novels or movies typically we imagine the ancient 'sensei' or whatnot as old (im thinking yoda). But the reality is if we ever do live a long time it will be in non-aged health! I'd say most people aren't aware of that notion...

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users