Photo

Low Dose Resveratrol Products

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:33 AM

Main thing I've noticed from taking RSV this past year (1000-1500mg's in my whey protein shake in the morning) is when I'm on a mass building cycle, I find my muscle recovery to be noticeably quicker.

maxwatt, just a few weeks ago you thought my biking gains with longevinex were likely a placebo effect. I disagreed, since the effect at 400mg seemed so strong.

so why the sudden switch?

#2 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:54 AM

Main thing I've noticed from taking RSV this past year (1000-1500mg's in my whey protein shake in the morning) is when I'm on a mass building cycle, I find my muscle recovery to be noticeably quicker.

maxwatt, just a few weeks ago you thought my biking gains with longevinex were likely a placebo effect. I disagreed, since the effect at 400mg seemed so strong.

so why the sudden switch?

What switch? Who are you quoting? Not me. In what context is this "switch"? Did you quote the wrong post? The one above it involves recovery during weight lifting. This is measurable, though absent a specified protocol, it could be placebo. Likely it refers to number of reps possible on repeated lifts after a specified recovery period.... Cycling is a different animal.

When serious cyclists cite gains, they are keeping a training diary, and are measuring time on a particular course, or using instruments to measure power output over time. Serious cyclists have training logs going back years, so reports of performance improvement have measurements to back them up. Even if they are not that rigorous, their partners on group rides will note atypical performanc so it isn;t a;; se;f-reporting. Weekend warriors saying "I feel stronger when I ride, hills seem easier" is indistinguishable from a training effect, or even from wishful thinking.

Edited by maxwatt, 03 June 2009 - 10:44 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 bluemoon

• Topic Starter
  • 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:40 PM

Weekend warriors saying "I feel stronger when I ride, hills seem easier" is indistinguishable from a training effect, or even from wishful thinking.

I'm not a weekend warrior. I ride about 2 to 3 hours a day. When taking 300-400mg of Longevinex, the boost is unmistakable.

I don't know if the brand matters since that is all I have tried so far.

Edited by Holmes, 03 June 2009 - 02:42 PM.

#4 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:21 PM

Yes Holmes,

you need to try more brands as it appears you don't like taking more than 100mg... well, unless you switch to talking about cycling, then you do suddenly appear to take 300-400mg? So Holmes, why the switch to 300-400mg???

You realize that you can find high quality resveratrol at a better price right for when you cycle, right?

Have you seen the resveratrol price watch at all to compare prices?

A

#5 bluemoon

• Topic Starter
  • 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:07 AM

Yes Holmes,

you need to try more brands as it appears you don't like taking more than 100mg... well, unless you switch to talking about cycling, then you do suddenly appear to take 300-400mg? So Holmes, why the switch to 300-400mg???

You realize that you can find high quality resveratrol at a better price right for when you cycle, right?

Have you seen the resveratrol price watch at all to compare prices?

A

Anothony, as I stated on another thread, I was taking 300-400mg for maybe 2 months, then 300mg for a couple more months, then 200mg for several months, then finally 100mg.

#6 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:00 PM

I Don't know Holmes....

by the looks of your posts here I find alot of posts promoting a certain product, and you don't clarify your intake well:
http://www.imminst.o...a...e=posts&hl=

This is probably why you are being considered a sock puppet for the company you are constantly promoting, instead of regular person that is interested in resveratrol regardless of brand name. Why don't you start talking about resveratrol, without mentioning the brands... Why? Well, as long as you take high quality resveratrol, it can come from different sources... the brand name does not show it is safe unless they have good independent testing, and COA for the product. The brand name is really for marketing and SEO only... if folks want to know what brand you are using, have them PM you.

Or if you want to come out of the closet (if you happen to be a sock puppet) go to the vendor area, and post there for your company:
http://www.imminst.o...-Area-f342.html

Remember, this is the 500mg Club thread, so if you don't take 500mg or more... you are probably posting on the wrong thread.
On the other hand if you do secretly take 500mg, please continue to post your 500mg experiences here.

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 14 June 2009 - 03:11 PM.

#7 bluemoon

• Topic Starter
  • 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

I Don't know Holmes....

by the looks of your posts here I find alot of posts promoting a certain product, and you don't clarify your intake well:
http://www.imminst.o...a...e=posts&hl=

Anthony,

You have twisted my words, so please stop. If one reads the posts, one understands that I started at 400mg for weeks, then went to 300mg for months, then 200mg/100mg for months, and finally 100mg, all over an 18 month period.

I have mentioned Longevinex, because people have posted what they take here. As written on another post, I learned from an article which included an email from David Sinclair to the Immortality Institute treasurer that he was taking just over 300mg a day of Longevinex. That is why I started with resveratrol in the first place and chose that brand.

If you look at earlier posts, you will note that I have also been interested in trying RevGenetics , which is often mentioned by posters as "tween". Yet then I saw that the U of Wisconsin researcher who was interviewed on the 60 Minutes resveratrol episode state that it seemed like there was a synergy between resveratrol, quercetin and IP6. So that is also interseting information since there has been debate over the use of quercetin along with resveratrol.

You have also written that I seem to be pushing Ray and Terry's brand. So which is it?? Of course, I have zero incentive to push anything. Sinclair also helped formulate Vivix, and I bet he knew what he was doing there. It may be superior to Longevinex - I don't know. But for now, it costs more. You are also fully aware from previous threads that I have told friends that RevGenetics is one of maybe a few I thought they should try. Yet a top scientist told me some doctors he knew were using 500mg and had different reactions, so stopped. I doubt that is brand specific. Some get negative reactions, and some don't.

I am not "seceretly taking 500mg" but have posted because I was at 400mg for a while, and that since the original intent of this 53 page thread wasn't 500mg per se, but 5mg/kg/day, my experiences are completely appropriate for this thread.

Edited by Holmes, 14 June 2009 - 08:58 PM.

#8 bluemoon

• Topic Starter
  • 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

(Just to clarify, the U Wisconsin researcher's statement that there seems to be a syneregistic effect wasn't on 60 Minutes but an ad by Longevinex. Still, he did say it. And if people want to mix their own, which looks cheaper, and try different levels, by all means do it.)

#9 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 05:33 AM

Yet a top scientist told me some doctors he knew were using 500mg and had different reactions, so stopped.

Holmes, what exactly is a "top scientist"? The only places I see that phrase are the Weekly World News, the National Enquirer, and your posts. Does it have to do with the scientist's BDSM sexual preference?

#10 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:48 AM

Yet a top scientist told me some doctors he knew were using 500mg and had different reactions, so stopped.

Holmes, what exactly is a "top scientist"? The only places I see that phrase are the Weekly World News, the National Enquirer, and your posts. Does it have to do with the scientist's BDSM sexual preference?

Perhaps it is an engineer or physicist who deals exclusively with angular momentum? :|w

#11 bluemoon

• Topic Starter
  • 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:51 PM

He has published in a top journal.

You should be embarrassed, niner. Seriously, that childish talk has no place here.

Edited by Holmes, 15 June 2009 - 01:31 PM.

#12 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:53 PM

Perhaps it is an engineer or physicist who deals exclusively with angular momentum? :|w

Arent those the guys that make sure the walls and ceilings are perpindicular to each other?

Edited by 2tender, 15 June 2009 - 12:53 PM.

#13 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:54 PM

Holmes,

You are still promoting 100mg in the 500mg thread, regardless of weight.

You are bringing up old rehashed stuff from other threads, promoting your particular company again and again, providing the same answers from the other threads and bringing no new information. You are making people read this over and over, just to apparently satisfy marketing for your company.

Here (again) is the same answers from the summary I posted in the other thread:
http://www.imminst.o...o...st&p=328366

================================================================================
=

Sorry, that is incorrect. You are just repeating your "views" over and over... and keeping this thread at the top of the forum board even when we have already passed information to readers. You are making this thread irrelevant for information now, because you continue to post the same "views" to the point where they appear spammy.

Look here is a summary:
1- It certainly appears that David Sinclair has moved on and you can't accept this.
Between the Sirtris and Shacklee formulations he had access to and Glaxo resources, there is no doubt. This shows David's 250mg capsule next to the Nitro capsules. These pictures came from an earlier thread post in this very forum. I simply used the search function, maybe you should consider that as well:

<Pictures deleted, see original post to see them>

2- You also advocate Kurzweils dose for yourself, yet in another thread you stated you take 300mg-400mg. So regardless of Kurzweil, you are ok to take much more.

3- You mention you know special people that take resveratrol, but do not provide any other info, so these people can be fully imaginary only to serve the purpose of harping on a low dose resveratrol product.

4- You don't buy Ray's resveratrol that he sells which doesn't make sense since you take his word on dosage, so why wouldn't you take his recommended product? Instead you keep on harping on another product, all while saying you are looking for information.

5- See Maxwatt's link regarding your product, here maxwatt stopped the thread as no new information was being furnished by you about resveratrol, as the discussion was again about your views about Kurzweil.

6- Look to the posts in the 500mg thread for studies that have appeared over the years, or search this forum as this has come up numerous times. Why rely on one man's opinion?

Holmes, I see no new information from you and this thread has now become an advertisement for Kurzweil and makes no inroads to the resveratrol discussion, oh...and completely repetitive and spammy based on your "views".

================================================================================
=

Why don't you take it to the Vendor area? Or is it that you are so obsessed that you want this thread to be shut down as well because of your repetitive posts? Maxwatt, if you are tempted to shut down the 2 year long thread because of this person, I would suggest to please cut the last posts out instead.

This information has been rehashed in other threads that have been shut down because of the same 'Holmes' activity. Now Holmes apparently wants to do this here and have this repetitive argument once more, which brings nothing new to the table.

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 15 June 2009 - 02:03 PM.

#14 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

I've moved these posts here, to the vendor area, as they deserve their own topic, they have little to to with the 500 mg topic, and they are predominantly concerned with one or two specific brands.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#15 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:42 PM

He has published in a top journal.

You should be embarrassed, niner. Seriously, that childish talk has no place here.

Wow, finally, a straight answer! And something that I never realized: I'm a top scientist! And so are a bunch of other people here. Holmes, humor is allowed here. Bullshit is frowned upon. The currencies around here are evidence and logic, not fallacious argument.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users