Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Nubrain - STAY AWAY

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Vultures

• 61 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 09:33 PM

I have ordered 8 boxes of Merck's brand Lucidril (centrophenoxine) from Nubrain.com. Big mistake.
First of all, what they sent had nothing to do with Merck, it was Egyptian generic produced by Minapharm.
Well this is not a a model of business integrity (if you're selling Egyptian generic, why not sell it as Egyptian generic?), but I wouldn't be raising dust because of this alone.
Their so called Lucidril expired in 08/09 (package arrived on August 20th). Since Centro is believed to be unstable, their delivery is completely useless, and potentially dangerous. For some other drug it might have been OK, but not for centro.
The farther into the forest, the thicker the trees. When I asked for refund, they told that they might refund only after they get their product back (it would be illegal for me, and who needs expired centro anyway). Since they have hoaxed me once already, I offered "refund than return" sequence. Perfectly honest, if you ask me. And it would be some risk from me, our drug export regulations are strict.
They arrogantly refused.
The message was quite clear: "We have just dumped you, stoopid, now we need you to let us dump you again, because ure stoopid".
Some quotes from mail exchange:

the expiry date is very conservative anyway
please try a box and see
no one else has had a problem
the price was reduced also

"We have sold you crap, and we know it. But you should be happy, because price is reduced."
And another one:

the person packing was new and did not look at the expiration date
and they never do this and the manager was not in the offfice that day

"Actually we didn't know that we're selling crap, because manager was away, and it's all packer's fault."
They are getting kind of mixed up in their lies.
Ever wondered, how Merck's brand Lucidril looks like? Nubrain will show you.
Posted Image
And a another one:
Posted Image
Any ideas how to nail them? I wonder, what would FDA and DEA say about US company selling controlled substances online?

Edited by Vultures, 22 August 2009 - 09:34 PM.

#2 kbtoy

• 29 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

Any ideas how to nail them? I wonder, what would FDA and DEA say about US company selling controlled substances online?

I understand you're pissed off at Nubrain. I've personally never had problems with them. But what are you a rat or something? Please don't be a snitch. That's just childish behavior. I would post your experience and let others know that they shouldn't do business with them. However IMO getting the Govmn't or LE involved never does anyone any good.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:21 PM

I understand you're pissed off at Nubrain. I've personally never had problems with them. But what are you a rat or something? Please don't be a snitch. That's just childish behavior. I would post your experience and let others know that they shouldn't do business with them. However IMO getting the Govmn't or LE involved never does anyone any good.

Are you saying this because you don't want to see a source of "interesting" substances go away, or some sort of generalized anti-snitching feeling? Personally, I think misrepresenting the source of the drugs and selling expired drugs is pretty scummy. I would want to know about something like that in order to help me decide who to do business with. If you want to protect sources, I can understand that, but I think reporting criminals is good. It might save a lot of other people from being victimized. Also, it raises the stakes for business to engage in such sleazy practices. That's good for all of us in the long run. I gotta say though, internet vendors who screw with us stand to have an ugly record with a pretty decent google ranking.
  • like x 1

#4 meursault

• 370 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:34 PM

Nubrain took almost two months to send me an order of Pramiracetam when I actually had ordered Adrafinil. I do not recommend their services either.

Edited by czukles, 23 August 2009 - 07:35 PM.

#5 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:53 PM

A had a similar problem with nubrain. I ordered the Merck brand and they sent me the supplement version. I called and wrote but in the end, who I thought was the owner simply insulted me. So there you go.

http://www.imminst.o...sed-t26334.html

#6 Vultures

• Topic Starter
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:16 PM

Are you saying, that we must maintain conspiracy of silence under any condition, and cover vendors' shady practises, because they are serving our needs? This may be true, but only until they rip you off. When they do, it's all about retribution.
However, it is true that I was really pissed off when writing the initial post. As the issue grew colder, I realized that having one's business busted would be too much for 100 USD. Their lost sales because of this thread (I plan to repost it on other smart drugs boards when I have time) will satisfy my vengefulness. FDA will get their ass someday, but not with my help...

#7 mdma

• 102 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:55 PM

I ordered few times from nubrain with no problems, you have to specify exactly which brand you want 2-3 times by email as it seems really borderline of legality, the fast, short answers in their communication tells a lot. They probably arent english speaking to start with, and they clearly dont hold a major in English Litterature by the way they sometime respond.

I bought Alertec once, they asked me to send CASH money in the MAIL in Canadian currency because they were leaving for Cuba and needed CANADIAN CASH MONEY only.
How weird is that??

But forgiving the bizarre aspect of the communication and the even-more bizarre way of paying, i got what i needed for very cheap so it was ok.

Now i go with LifeLink that seems more legit and have way better price on everything.

PS: Expired drugs is just dangerous and pretty stupid mistake to do by a vendor.

#8 Vultures

• Topic Starter
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:39 AM

My problem with them is not mistakes they make, but arrogant refuse to provide remediation, and petty lies in email exchange.

#9 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:25 AM

However IMO getting the Govmn't or LE involved never does anyone any good.

Yeah, who needs da Guvament to enforce good manfucaturing practise and the law. Let people sell rat poison!
  • dislike x 1

#10 jbifara

• 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

Yes same experience here they, Nubrain, are arrogant and they lie. I just noticed this thread but, a year ago they sold me expired modafinil and then lied about it. I wanted to send a pic with the expiration date but that wouldn't work because they would say it was from someone else. I was really p!ss3d!!! There was nothing I could do.
I guess because they are the only US based OP they can do what they want.
I didn't want to, and don't want to order from an international online pharm (IOP) but I won't deal with them ever again.
Anyone know of any other US based pharmacy that sells Modafinil? It would be much appreciated!
Anyway, they are jerks and I'll never do business with them again. :mad:

#11 Templanoid

• 88 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

I have to agree with this thread. Whoever writing emails at Nubrain is asinine. They use really crummy language and tone and are generally not that present. I once asked "can I get a tracking number for the order" and they replied saying "tracking number is useless, it doesn't speed up the order anyway"... is that how you reply to your customers? Avoid them.

#12 neuropill

• 102 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

I've never had a problem with them and until I do I'll continue to order.

#13 Steve_86

• 266 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

Are you saying this because you don't want to see a source of "interesting" substances go away, or some sort of generalized anti-snitching feeling? Personally, I think misrepresenting the source of the drugs and selling expired drugs is pretty scummy. I would want to know about something like that in order to help me decide who to do business with. If you want to protect sources, I can understand that, but I think reporting criminals is good. It might save a lot of other people from being victimized. Also, it raises the stakes for business to engage in such sleazy practices. That's good for all of us in the long run. I gotta say though, internet vendors who screw with us stand to have an ugly record with a pretty decent google ranking.

Something is better than nothing. I've ordered Modafinil from nubrain on multiple occasions and whilst their postage was very slow I always got my orders in discreet packaging which helps avoid customs. I feel that it would be really ratty to report nubrain what happened to the OP alone as it will put many people down on a good source for other substances.

#14 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

I have problem , Provigil order not arrived ,Any alternative to buy Provigil online and ship international ?

#15 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

I had a terrible buying experience with Nubrain, maybe ...ten years ago!
Customer service was unbelievably rude...
Never used them again of course.

Apparently appalling customer service does not mean an internet seller will fail...

#16 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

I will never order from them. They sound like a bunch of crooks.

#17 lifebuddy

• 156 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

I can't believe they are still selling modafinil. Talk about walking a tightrope in a thunderstorm. I did buy adrafinil from them once. Their customer service is awful but the product was great. They still have hydergine listed, which is rx only / schedule IV now.

#18 iago

• 110 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

They're not. I suspect they operate on very tight margins and are reluctant to put the customer first, but they sell legitimate products. I've had a few problems with orders in the past and they've always set things straight, just not at the speed I'm used to. One issue took about a month to resolve, for example. They were so slow and unable to understand my complaint, it felt like I was doing business with my grandparents! They were honest though. I've never had a problem with them sending expiring or expired products, however.

#19 lifebuddy

• 156 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

They're not. I suspect they operate on very tight margins and are reluctant to put the customer first, but they sell legitimate products. I've had a few problems with orders in the past and they've always set things straight, just not at the speed I'm used to. One issue took about a month to resolve, for example. They were so slow and unable to understand my complaint, it felt like I was doing business with my grandparents! They were honest though. I've never had a problem with them sending expiring or expired products, however.

Interesting analogy. I suspect that english is not their first language, which can be difficult when it comes to resolving customer service problems.

#20 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

I think they are a bunch of crooks... but good crooks, I never had any problems at all ordering from them!

Haha I love their abusive emails when you ask for updates on your order!

They send real stuff, so many fakes and scammers around...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#21 angela86

• 54 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Honestly, I have had problems from them, in the sense that they have sent me a few wrong products. For example, when I ordered Lucidril, they ended up shipping me some natural sleeping aid (...Yes, the irony has not escaped me either). However, they're really the only company where I can get bona fide Hydergine from, so I forgave their mistake and moved on. :-/ If they weren't a business, I have no idea what i'd do. I rely on hydergine, and nowhere else sells it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users