Photo
- - - - -

PEA + selegiline - short time of duration

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Diego

• 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:19 AM

Is there something that can extended too short time of duration of combo effect ?

many thanks

#2 Diego

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:20 AM

Can (S)NRI helps with too short half-life of combo ?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:45 AM

How do people keep posting these stupid threads? Don't take them together. Just don't. Don't argue with me, don't ask me why, just note that you're a n00b and make use of the search function if you need any further explanation.

#4 Diego

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:35 AM

How do people keep posting these stupid threads? Don't take them together. Just don't. Don't argue with me, don't ask me why, just note that you're a n00b and make use of the search function if you need any further explanation.

hahaha....you are very "inteligent", I need this combo for my fucking social phobia and not for FUN or get HIGH!!!

#5 Diego

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:49 AM

and “thanks for Help”

#6 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:08 PM

Strange is right though, even though he's come off a little dickish. This is dangerous. There are many, many things you should try for social phobia before this. Search for threads on this with the search optioin in this forum.

Edited by OneScrewLoose, 27 December 2009 - 01:09 PM.

#7 Diego

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:26 PM

Strange is right though, even though he's come off a little dickish. This is dangerous. There are many, many things you should try for social phobia before this. Search for threads on this with the search optioin in this forum.

ok thanks, but I have tried a many meds... for example Fevarine (Fluvoxamine),Anafranil, Citalec(Citalopram), Seroquel and currently I take 30mg of Paroxetine + 100mg Trazodone daily... but nothing not working for my SA or depression.

I know that combination of PEA + selegiline is a dangerous. On the other hand, I have beta-blockers and my dosage of PEA and selegiline is very low Unfortunately combo has too short time of duration that it cannot be useful for my SA.

I have tried a lot of supplement... kava-kava(powder), l-dopa, 5-htp, valeriane, Rhodiola, Niacinamide etc.... but nothing working!!!

Please help me find something as substitute for Adderall. Unfortunately drugs as Adderal, Dexedrine are not approved in my country(I am from Europe).

many thanks for help.

#8 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:02 AM

It seems SSRIs don't work for you (though you haven't tried that many, unless you didn't list them). Have you tried tricyclics? They are the older ones. They tend to have more side-effects in some people, but they can be quite powerful. Imipramine is one that helps wtih ADHD as well. Amytriptiline is another interesting one in the way it boosts dopamine (preventing/lowering the sexual side effects often found in these type of meds). There are many others too. There is a lot more out there before resorting to Selegiline+PEA.

Also, if caffeine helps you concentrate at all, you may find a combination of Rhodiola+Caffeine to be effective for you (though probably not as much as Adderall, but it may be worth a shot). Rhodiola boosts the effects of caffeine. Do you still have the Rhodiola with you?

How much Selegiline are you on right now and for how long? You may find that the Selegiline alone helps your concentration.

What country are you in?

#9 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:55 AM

Look, I see no reason why this combination would specifically be of benefit for social anxiety; nor why stimulants would be. And it really doesn't matter what your rationale is, it's a dumb idea; I could care less if you think you need it, or if you're "carefully titrating". Please don't play around with that, for your own sake; in that regard I am being helpful, though feel free to be as indignant as you want. I responded as I did because too many people start this topic, and they traditionally have a very low post count and even lower self-preservation instinct-- it gets tiresome. It seems in your scenario you're a bit more intelligent, but there's a lot about your story that has me puzzled:
Barring a hepatic interaction, I see absolutely no reason SNRI's would potentiate this cocktail.
You're also taking some pretty heavy cocktails in general aside from this one, and that's going to make self-experimentation a pretty difficult thing to assess objectively. I don't understand the seroquel and trazodone; do you have insomnia? Additionally, were the beta-blockers prescribed for physical symptoms of anxiety, or an unrelated medical condition (if the latter is true, you're playing with both fire and gasoline). Keep in mind people here have also reported severe anxiety coming off of beta-blockers, so that's something to keep in mind regarding your symptoms.
Anafranil is, btw, a tricyclic; it's also a reuptake inhibitor of norepinephrine (and to a lesser extent serotonin) and is to OCD what imipramine is to depression: the gold standard of efficacy. Unless your diagnosis was social anxiety associated with anakanistic [OCPD] traits (which is something I've never really heard professed before), I don't know why the doc would choose that one in particular.
Paroxetine is generally regarded as the SSRI most associated with anxiolysis; however, sertraline is the one most commonly prescribed for SA.

#10 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 December 2009 - 02:10 PM

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure paroxetine is prescribed more for social anxiety than setraline.

#11 Diego

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:00 AM

It seems SSRIs don't work for you (though you haven't tried that many, unless you didn't list them). Have you tried tricyclics? They are the older ones. They tend to have more side-effects in some people, but they can be quite powerful. Imipramine is one that helps wtih ADHD as well. Amytriptiline is another interesting one in the way it boosts dopamine (preventing/lowering the sexual side effects often found in these type of meds). There are many others too. There is a lot more out there before resorting to Selegiline+PEA.

Also, if caffeine helps you concentrate at all, you may find a combination of Rhodiola+Caffeine to be effective for you (though probably not as much as Adderall, but it may be worth a shot). Rhodiola boosts the effects of caffeine. Do you still have the Rhodiola with you?

How much Selegiline are you on right now and for how long? You may find that the Selegiline alone helps your concentration.

What country are you in?

thanks for help and advice... I am from Europe(slovak republic), unfortunately MAOIs antidepressants are not approved in my country.

I have Rhodiola Rosea but only in capsules(Swanson's brand). I think that Rhodiola in capsules is a very less effective as powder.

I took selegiline about two weeks in dose 5mg... later it was 10mg daily. Currently I am taking selegiline only when I am adding PEA to my combo.

Did you heard about novel russian med Afobazol ? It can be useful for anxiety ?

thanks

#12 Diego

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:14 AM

It seems SSRIs don't work for you (though you haven't tried that many, unless you didn't list them). Have you tried tricyclics? They are the older ones.

I would like to try MAOIs, but unfortunately MAOIs are not aproved in my country(because of their side effects).

combination of Rhodiola + Caffeine - Do you mean caffeine pills?

#13 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:31 AM

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure paroxetine is prescribed more for social anxiety than setraline.

I could be wrong about that, it's hard to gather information on the topic; I know that I've seen ads for Zoloft for SA, but that doesn't mean anything. Apologies for that.
Anyways, like I said before the drugs are all over the board. Having tried MAOI's myself, I really wouldn't recommend them; they may work where others fail, but only by brute force. Perceptually they were what all the SSRI's and SNRI's were, just more so. In my case there was no true alleviation of depression, merely not being as prone to explicit despair. Phenelzine had some mild anxiolytic properties, but it was not a worthwhile tradeoff for the side effects and dietary restrictions.
Again, if you've been taking seroquel and trazodone it would imply insomnia; if you've responded well to stimulants (or are seeking them) that would imply ADD-type symptoms or fatigue, which may be due to the depression or because of the sedatives. The clomipramine implies OCD. Taking stimulants generally tends to make anxiety worse (and likewise OCD), and obviously doesn't help with insomnia.
It would be helpful to know what diagnoses you've carried in the past, because the medications you've tried have different indications than the problems you're describing. If these were all done via self-experimentation, then I would strongly suggest seeking some professional input.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#14 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:33 AM

It seems SSRIs don't work for you (though you haven't tried that many, unless you didn't list them). Have you tried tricyclics? They are the older ones.

I would like to try MAOIs, but unfortunately MAOIs are not aproved in my country(because of their side effects).

combination of Rhodiola + Caffeine - Do you mean caffeine pills?

Any caffeine source is good. Coffee, Tea, Energy Drinks, Pills, it just depends on how much caffeine you want and how much your body can handle w/ the Rhodiola.

Tricyclics are not MAOIs, not even close. I recommend talking to your doctor about them if you are unsatisified with the SSRI and SNRIs.

How did you feel on that much selegiline? At 10mg, Selegiline starts to become an MAO-A inhibitor as well as the normal MAO-B. This can make some foods dangerous. I urge you to google MAOI and tyramine toxicity.

Also, I've been doing an exercise over the last month for my ADD, oddly enough using the game Starcraft. It seems to be helping a lot and i can detail it if you're curious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users