Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

SELANK ®

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 NootropicEU

• 214 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:55 PM

Institute of Molecular genetics, Russian Academy of sciences have developed a new unique peptide based anxiolytic.

I am aware that many people are suffering from anxiety problems. This could be very useful to them.

I could not find much information about it. Most of the info is in Russian.

Automatic translation from their website:

SELANK ®
anxiolytic drug action

SELANK - this regulatory peptide, a synthetic analogue of a short fragment of the heavy chain of human immunoglobulin G (tetrapeptid taftsin), extended tripeptidom Pro-Gly-Pro nootropnogo action. SELANK developed at the Institute of Molecular Genetics, Russian Academy of Sciences jointly with the Research Institute of Pharmacology them. VV Zakusova RAMS. SELANK has sustained and nootropnym anxiolytic effect and is effective in the treatment of patients with generalized anxiety disorder. SELANK advantage over the traditional benzodiazepinovyh tranquilizers (relaniuma, alprazolama, fenazepama, etc.) The lack of habituation and side effects (retardation, drowsiness, violations of concentration, memory and coordination of movements). SELANK practically harmless, even at doses 500 times higher than therapeutic. SELANK (0.15% aqueous solution) can be successfully applied to suppress the feelings of fear, anxiety in neurotic patients, to stimulate memory and learning in healthy people, neutralize the effects of stress, as well as for the prevention of mental fatigue and astenonevroticheskih disorders of different genesis.
Has completed phase III clinical trials the drug «Selank-0, 15% solution» in three psychiatric hospitals in Moscow, which take place at this time. Preliminary results of clinical studies confirm the findings of phase II clinical studies. There are currently prepared and submitted for approval by all regulatory documentation for the release of a new drug. A manufacturing base for production of the drug.

Drug «Selank-0, 15% solution» is unique and has no analogues abroad.

Patents:

1. Anxiolytic pharmaceutical composition tool and anxiolytic action.
Patent number 2155065, issued on 27 August 2000.
2. The method of prevention and correction of immunodeficient states.
Patent, a positive decision of 27 June 2007.

Awards:

Gold medal and a diploma at the international salon of innovations. Geneva, April 20, 2007 for peptide drug Selank - anksiolitik with nootropnym effect.

Some people think that I am affiliated with online Russian Pharmacies. I am not. SELANK is not in the market yet and no company sells it. POSTED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY ...

Edited by anony4mous, 12 September 2009 - 06:01 PM.

• like x 1

#2 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:19 AM

That's the same company that's made Semax. How many products has this company made?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:24 AM

That's the same company that's made Semax. How many products has this company made?

I think that they have only invented Semax and Selank. You can check it on their website, under "Innovations" section IMG RAS

#4 KTMAdv

• 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:35 PM

Fascinating info - please post more as you find it. The "sustained" term is very interesting to SWIM...

#5 KTMAdv

• 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:59 PM

From this page:

https://www.research...tenatal_hypoxia

The effects of Selank synthetic analog of Tuftsin, representing the heptapeptide forming Thr-Lys-Pro-Arg-Pro-Gly-Pro, on behavior and serotonin/noradrenalin concentrations in brain were investigated in adult rats exposed to hypoxia during 14-16 days of gestation. It was revealed that injection of Selank (300 mkg/kg, i/p) increased 2--3-fold (p < 0.01) the sensory attention, facilitated 1.5-fold the learning capacity (p < 0.01), normalized exploratory activity in the open field and hole board, and recovered the balance of serotonergic and noradrenergic brain system activity. The data obtained demonstrate the possibility of Selank to compensate for long-lasting negative effects of antenatal hypoxia on integrative brain activity and brain monoamine level.

1.5-fold learning capacity increase?!?!?!

#6 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:06 PM

As a member with social anxiety, i'm pretty interested! Can you order this somewhere?

#7 msied

• 88 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:15 PM

As a member with social anxiety, i'm pretty interested! Can you order this somewhere?

Seconded. I also want to qualify that 1.5-fold increase in learning capacity.

#8 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:28 PM

You may be able to order this from 1010pharmacy.com

There's a little chat area on the website that lets you contact customer service directly. You can request it from here.
The only problem is 1010pharmacy will probably charge something outrageous.

#9 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 09:37 PM

There's a little chat area on the website that lets you contact customer service directly. You can request it from here.

It not available in Russia yet.

#10 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:32 AM

It not available in Russia yet.

When it is available this can be done.

Speaking of which, when will this be out on the market? Phase 3 testing was completed a number of years ago so when is this going to come out? It should be soon...??

#11 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:32 AM

Well its wort a try to request this i gues. Ampakines can be ordere online too while they arent officially availeble.

Edited by medievil, 27 September 2009 - 09:10 AM.

#12 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:17 PM

http://translate.goo...t...en&ie=UTF-8

#13 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:42 AM

http://translate.goo...t...en&ie=UTF-8

Very interesting article. However, unless I missed something, it still doesn't say when it's supposed to come out.

Clinical Trials ended in 2004... Well it's been 5 years now so if it's not available in some way in Russia it should be soon one would think seeing as how every article I see says it's going to be released on the market...

Well its wort a try to request this i gues. Ampakines can be ordere online too while they arent officially availeble.

The problem with Russian made nootropics (as I found out while looking for sources to obtain Phenotropil), is that this country doesn't seem to invest a whole lot into making their drugs world-wide. Plus, their online pharmacies (besides pharmacy1010 which is based in the Ukraine) tend to only ship/do business nationally.

#14 ingscnixsi

• 20 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:27 PM

Seconded. I also want to qualify that 1.5-fold increase in learning capacity.

THIRDED!!

I read some of the information. This looks promising.

#15 Bluejay1

• 66 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:26 PM

So far I havent been too impressed with the Russian 'nootropics' I've tried, they are mostly hype just like the worthless (unless you're in the middle of having a stroke) racetams, however, if Selank can help with sleep that would be worth its own weight. Unfortunately Selank *might* be one of those intranasal delivery drugs, and I've had ZERO success with all intranasally administered drugs I've tried to date. my 2, for what it's worth
  • dislike x 2

#16 Bluejay1

• 66 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:40 PM

Forgot to thank the original poster for bringing Selank to our attention.

There are MANY other strange Russian 'nootropics' out there buried amidst the Cyrillic gibberish. One of the recent ones I dug up was found in a book written in english called 'Myelopeptides' (a good read btw, just check Google Books for a decent preview). Russia has an injectable preparation of myelopeptides called Myelopid. It is said to boost immunity, possess anxiolytic, analgesic, neurotrophic and immunocorrective activity. Seems similar to selank in many ways. Perhaps both of these drugs have potential but they also seem to have crude delivery requirements, injection for one and intranasal (likely) for the other, this method requires axonal transport to the brain via olfactory nerve, I doubt that this is 100% fool-proof delivery method without the addition of other agents to aid adsorption. What if you have sinusitis or produce excess mucus, etc? 2 more

#17 Bluejay1

• 66 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:40 PM

BTW, why is this thread private?

#18 KTMAdv

• 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:52 PM

they are mostly hype just like the worthless racetams

Not sure what you mean by worthless...? They are hardly worthless, in SWIM's experience...

#19 renwosing

• 148 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 02:16 AM

Worthless not the word. Rather overhyped.

#20 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:15 AM

anony4mous, excellent work again! Yet another truly promising cognitive/mood enhancer from our Russian friends. Perhaps this thread would be more at home in the nootropics forum, since there are no products or vendors as yet?

This is referenced in PubMed as TP-7, for "thymic peptide 7;" not to be confused with "turnip peroxidase 7," which shares the same acronym but is not an MeSH Substance term. Also referred to at least once with the spelling "selanc."

I gather from leafing through abstracts that Selank (Thr-Lys-Pro-Arg-Pro-Gly-Pro) is a synthetic derivative of the endogenous tetrapeptide tuftsin (Thr-Lys-Pro-Arg), which is produced in the spleen and is related to the immune system.

Here's a link to the patent referred to in the Institute of Molecular Genetics RAS description:

Patent RU2155065: Anxiolytic Agent and Pharmaceutical Composition with Anxiolytic Effect

Applicant: INST MOLEKULJARNOJ GENETIKI RA; NII FARMAKOLOGII RA; MN
Publication Date: 2000-08-27

FIELD: medicine, peptides. SUBSTANCE: invention relates to development and use of the novel anxiolytic agent. Invention proposes to use heptapeptide Thr-Lys-Pro-Arg-Pro-Gly-Pro as an anxiolytic agent and the novel composition of anxiolytic agent containing indicated heptapeptide as an active substance in amount of 1.45-1.55g/l, nipagine as a preserving agent in amount of 0.95-1.05 g/l and distilled water, the balance. Composition is used as nasal drops. EFFECT: high effectiveness in low doses, simplified using.

Edited by chrono, 26 November 2009 - 02:26 AM.

#21 Bluejay1

• 66 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:36 PM

Racetams... worthless, as in worthless junk I wouldn't pay a dollar for... unless of course as I already mentioned I was in the middle of a stroke or some other kind of ischemia. I will stand behind the comment. i've never seen anyone win a Pulitzer prize and attribute it to racetam usage, and I wouldn't believe them even if they did said so. I would think they won it in spite of the racetam usage. Last time I checked this wasn't a weed forum so why use SWIM/SWIY terminology?
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#22 KTMAdv

• 12 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:09 PM

Racetams... worthless, as in worthless junk I wouldn't pay a dollar for... unless of course as I already mentioned I was in the middle of a stroke or some other kind of ischemia. I will stand behind the comment. i've never seen anyone win a Pulitzer prize and attribute it to racetam usage, and I wouldn't believe them even if they did said so. I would think they won it in spite of the racetam usage. Last time I checked this wasn't a weed forum so why use SWIM/SWIY terminology?

SWIM/SWIY is just habit, sorry.

You might think about the sweeping generalizations such as "worthless" and the like, as any of the 'racetams are not worthless to me at all. The fact that they are not really that cheap and seem to be selling in relatively large volume worldwide, that Russia has invested heavily into their research and testing, as well as the fact that many Western colleges and schools are considering restricting their use or testing for them, seems to me to speak for their credibility - placebo or not. Many, many people claim to get no effect from weed, for example, and yet many many more clearly get somethign so powerful from it that it causes addiction. Just because YOU don't derive anything from the 'racetams doesn't mean that they don't work.

I find them quite helpful and while I have no intention or aspirations(nor ability...) of winning a Pulitzer, they have awakened me to how well my mind can work, even without them.

#23 Negcreep

• 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:09 PM

I have managed to purchase 500mg of Selank peptide from a peptide synthesis company. If anyone is still interested I'll let you know how it goes. I am just waiting on some methyl paraben to be delivered and then I can mix up a 0.15% solution for intranasal application.

#24 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:52 PM

I have managed to purchase 500mg of Selank peptide from a peptide synthesis company. If anyone is still interested I'll let you know how it goes. I am just waiting on some methyl paraben to be delivered and then I can mix up a 0.15% solution for intranasal application.

I for one am hugely interested. Looking forward to a detailed account of how it works for you!

#25 Negcreep

• 27 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:22 PM

Ok I put information about this in another thread on here as well, but I'm just gonna move over to this thread now. Heres my post from last week.

'Started dosing with 0.15% solution made to manufacturers spec. Am at 6 sprays 3x per day. Each spray is 50ul and contains 75ug peptide. I felt a little nausea and headache at first. But I think this was due to a bad reaction with the Picamilon I was also taking , I have since stopped this and the headache has ceased. I also take bupropion 150mg SR at the moment too.

So far so good. I can definitely feel a anxiolytic effects already, I'm hoping that this will become more in time and perhaps I wont have to go to the full dose of 12 sprays 3x day (this would make it a better value purchase!).

Pretty impressive so far for such a small dose of substance.'

Now Ive made a more concentrated mix of 0.3% and have gone up to the full dosage which is 6 sprays 3x per day with this mix (900ug 3x/day, 2.7mg total).

Anxiety is definitely down. I've decided to stop taking my Bupropion for a bit and see how I get on with out it . It gives me stomach irritation anyway, so will be good to see if Selank helps heal it. Because incase you didnt know Semax and Selank both have anti-ulcer healing effects, especially when combined with Omeprazole which I also take.

#26 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:37 PM

Can you elaborate on what kind of anxiety reduction you get? Can you compare it to any benzos in utility and feel? Can you give some examples of the situations it helps you with, or what kind of anxiety you're coming from in general?

Is it relatively neutral, or do you feel like it's doing other things to your emotions and mental abilities? Is there any attendant mind-quieting like you get with more traditional tranquilizing agents, or is it more neutral in that regard as well? What kind of changes do you see with increased dosages?

Anxious for as many details as you can provide, in case you couldn't tell :) Am hugely interested in these new peptide agents, they really seem like next-generation drug design. And I'm still looking for something to help with anxiety that I can use as-needed, and doesn't necessarily have lots of other effects going on.

#27 Negcreep

• 27 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:58 PM

Can you elaborate on what kind of anxiety reduction you get? Can you compare it to any benzos in utility and feel? Can you give some examples of the situations it helps you with, or what kind of anxiety you're coming from in general?

Is it relatively neutral, or do you feel like it's doing other things to your emotions and mental abilities? Is there any attendant mind-quieting like you get with more traditional tranquilizing agents, or is it more neutral in that regard as well? What kind of changes do you see with increased dosages?

Anxious for as many details as you can provide, in case you couldn't tell :) Am hugely interested in these new peptide agents, they really seem like next-generation drug design. And I'm still looking for something to help with anxiety that I can use as-needed, and doesn't necessarily have lots of other effects going on.

Hi Chrono,
Well I'm a 28 y/o man who suffers from GAD, which I've had for about past 12 years. I experience a lot of physical symptoms 24/7. Things like sweaty hands, headaches, tingling in extremities, rapid heatbeat, nausea, IBS, and panic attacks (but usually only when out in the real world).

So far I'd say Selank feels very different to coventional anxiety treatments like SSRI's and Benzos. Its difficult to explain exactly how I feel but I just seem to have a lot less anxiety and symptoms. The side effects are very neutral, probably more so than any other drug I've tried thats actually worked. I wouldnt say that I feel 'cured' or as healthy in regards to anxiety as 6 months of citalopram say...but its early days. I've been dosing with this stuff for about a week now. I dont seem to have any racing OCD like thoughts that I have sometimes experienced when not on any medication either. No sexual side effects, or sedation or clouding of mind. In fact Id say I actually feel a lot more focussed mentally.

I see your looking for something that you can take as needed with not many side effects. Well that sounds like you're looking for a side effectless benzo, which Selank is not. It still takes a few days to a week to feel the difference. I'm hoping that in another 2 weeks I'll be feeling even better than I am now. If this happens I will ditch conventional antidepressants ASAP and continue to take Selank for as long as I can. I've experienced horrible gastrointestinal side effects from most AD's in the past few years which has resulted in me switching from drug to drug and return of a lot of my symptoms. If I can take somethign that works and doesnt hurt my stomach I will be a very happy man.

If you have any other questions just ask, I'll be happy to try and answer them.
Will keep you updated also.

Neg
  • like x 1

#28 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:10 AM

I have some general anxiety that has become much better this year, but I still have a huge amount of very inexplicable social phobia. Am working very hard from some different angles, but I still have a hard time connecting with people if I don't have either a stimulatory or anxiolytic agent (and I dislike strong stimulants). I have something of an irrational bias against substances which have to build up effectiveness, so a benzo with no side effects would be nice, yeah. Thought I'd be willing to try something that didn't have pronounced side effects, especially if it's cognitively enhancing as well.

Not sure if your anxiety extends to social situations, but I'd be particularly interested in how selank affects social anxiety.

Thanks, looking forward to general updates as well, especially any specifics about how selank compares to other anxiolytics, and how the effects change over longer periods of time.

Edited by chrono, 16 February 2010 - 06:12 AM.

#29 Negcreep

• 27 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:37 AM

I have some general anxiety that has become much better this year, but I still have a huge amount of very inexplicable social phobia. Am working very hard from some different angles, but I still have a hard time connecting with people if I don't have either a stimulatory or anxiolytic agent (and I dislike strong stimulants). I have something of an irrational bias against substances which have to build up effectiveness, so a benzo with no side effects would be nice, yeah. Thought I'd be willing to try something that didn't have pronounced side effects, especially if it's cognitively enhancing as well.

Not sure if your anxiety extends to social situations, but I'd be particularly interested in how selank affects social anxiety.

Thanks, looking forward to general updates as well, especially any specifics about how selank compares to other anxiolytics, and how the effects change over longer periods of time.

Yeah anxiety definitely gets worse in social situations, its just that it is there all the time to some extent. I been a bit of a recluse for the past couple of years due to my problems and pretty bad pain I've been in from the gastrointestinal side effects of the drugs I've been on. Really hoping that things are about to get better!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#30 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 01:41 AM

Yeah anxiety definitely gets worse in social situations, its just that it is there all the time to some extent. I been a bit of a recluse for the past couple of years due to my problems and pretty bad pain I've been in from the gastrointestinal side effects of the drugs I've been on. Really hoping that things are about to get better!

Where did you order selank and how much did you pay?

Thx!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users