Photo
- - - - -

SKin Irritation towards Taz

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:40 AM

I bought tretinoin 0.5% cream, Taz 0.05% gel & 0.1% cream from ADC.

I had started using gel every other day for 2 weeks. Maybe I was using more than a pea size amount of gel (twice to three times the amount), my skin felt like burning no matter I put it on (except water).

I have stopped using it for almost 2 weeks and skin returns to normal conditions.

I will start using it soon & know that I should drop the frequency to every 3rd day and use no more than a pea size amount of gel + moisturizer under Taz (I did).

What I want to know if burning sensation is a normal reaction to retinoid and such kind of irritation will only last for few weeks and then I will be "retinized".

#2 mcriot29

• 41 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

I bought tretinoin 0.5% cream, Taz 0.05% gel & 0.1% cream from ADC.

I had started using gel every other day for 2 weeks. Maybe I was using more than a pea size amount of gel (twice to three times the amount), my skin felt like burning no matter I put it on (except water).

I have stopped using it for almost 2 weeks and skin returns to normal conditions.

I will start using it soon & know that I should drop the frequency to every 3rd day and use no more than a pea size amount of gel + moisturizer under Taz (I did).

What I want to know if burning sensation is a normal reaction to retinoid and such kind of irritation will only last for few weeks and then I will be "retinized".

hey use both on same night once every 4 days this works best and no redness etc

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:05 AM

I do not think a burning sensation is at all normal. I have no sensation at all upon application of tazorac.

#4 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:22 AM

I do not think a burning sensation is at all normal. I have no sensation at all upon application of tazorac.

Do you use the recommended amount or more?

#5 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:18 PM

Do you use the recommended amount or more?

Usually I aim for the recommended amount. Sometimes I end up with slightly more than I intended to get out of the tube. I think my skin looks better when I use the gel rather than the cream base, FWIW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users