Photo

Volunteers wanted for VIP project

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bacopa

• Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:19 AM

I'm currently recruiting volunteers for the VIP project. Right now I particularly need people who are good talking on the phone to Celebs, and we need people who are good with Transhumanist sciences like biotech, nanotech, and Cryonics.

To update everyone, the member Morgenator, at imminst, has agreed to help with phone talking. He would be particularly good with Celebs as he is an aspiring actor and knows how to be persuasive and seems to be good at selling ideas to people.

So +1 on that one.

If you would like to volunteer for speaking with publicists, managers, secretaries and maybe even the VIP themselves then please chime in on this thread. The commitment is a pretty small one, as we don't expect to get too many responses, at least not at first.

#2 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:55 AM

We are in great need of a volunteer who thinks he/she can sell the imminst vision to a VIP's publicist and or agent or managers.

Right now we have David Styles who may agree to take on this role, and maybe Shannon Vyff as well.

But we need at least 2 more people for the phones. This is your chance to speak about the importance of imminst, Aubrey, Methuselah Foundation, SENS etc!

Just think if we get just one VIP's publicist interested we could literally get a Spielberg, or a Damon interested. And just imagine if one of these Celeb's brought up indefinite life extension on a popular talk show?

We'd literally inform potentially millions of viewers instantaneously!

So if you're interested in this role just chime in on this thread.

Of course we need volunteers as well for writing letters, writing emails, editing letters, and VIP brainstorming.

#3 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:04 AM

Lauren Farmer an imminst member, has told me she is great at speaking over the phones, and I know first hand she is an experienced writer, so sometime tomorrow she said she will officially join the team detailing what she'd like to do.

#4 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:14 AM

I will talk on the phones if necessary. I think I could do a good job, but I know there are people who are seamless with phone calls.

This is a chance to make a huge difference! I know there are so many members who have been reading up on all of this advocacy and marketing ideas that are currently underway with all of these projects and teams.

This is your chance to make a huge difference, and who knows you may one day become famous for working on these fledgling projects. Imminst is gaining a better reputation among the science communities as well as enthusiasts like myself. Any volunteer commitment, even a one shot deal will really pay off with these projects.

So far we've had people say they're interested but with no real commitment to even make the first step. It's really easy to hope and wish for indefinite life spans, but without people willing to do something about it, to put it blunty, we will all die of aging like every previous generation before us. If we get the word out to a few big name VIP's like a Stephen Spielberg or a Bill Maher we can literally influence and recruit thousands, maybe millions to this movement!

Anti-aging is a hot topic in the world today, only it has only come in the form of the most superficial things like anti-aging creams, and at best diets and supplements, which again, will only maybe add a few years at best maybe a few decades onto our lives, but we are really going at it in a very primitive way compared to how easy it will be with the right advanced technologies. We need technology like SENS's vision of engineering a way to combat the 7 causes of aging to really prolong our lives by decades, even centuries!

Imminst CAN play a substantial, and unique role, in the explosion of bio-gerontological sciences which will make all of our dreams come true. So if you haven't already, then sign up for one of our teams, such as the VIP outreach, get involved in the many exciting fundraisers and make that difference.

Edited by dfowler, 04 March 2010 - 05:17 AM.

#5 Blank

• 10 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:41 AM

Hi Dfowler,

I'd like to become involved with the outreach program, but my ideas veer more toward the back end; materials and strategic approaches we can all use.

For example, ImmInst could make great use of a traditional EPK. This could be sent out either on dvd, or through an online link, to the VIPs after contact is
made.

A lot of people here seem to have video equipment and access to editing programs, I have access to most creative software, voice over and audio finishing, so
I imagine we could create a functional piece for very little money.

#6 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

I have some film-making experience. What is EPK? A solid documentary could also do wonders. It sounds like you are interested in working on a life extension documentary. You can propose an idea here http://www.imminst.o...Ideas-f352.html.

If you would like to work on the VIP team you can go here: http://www.imminst.o...mp;#entry389089

Thanks so much for your interest.

#7 Blank

• 10 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:39 AM

An EPK is an electronic press kit, it's used as a publicity piece as well as to provide footage and sound bites to the media. They generally run only a few minutes long
and function like a commercial or promotion.

This is something I could probably start sketching out on my own for the time being. I'll check into the other forums as well.

I have some film-making experience. What is EPK? A solid documentary could also do wonders. It sounds like you are interested in working on a life extension documentary. You can propose an idea here http://www.imminst.o...Ideas-f352.html.

If you would like to work on the VIP team you can go here: http://www.imminst.o...mp;#entry389089

Thanks so much for your interest.

#8 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:11 AM

Imminst produced a documentary a while back. You can find it here, amongst other places: http://imminst.org/film

The Imminst Art Team has created at least one short clip so far. You can find that at http://youtube.com/immortalityorg amongst other places. Its not the most dynamic, but its solid, short and a start.

I wonder if you would be interested in doing a "best of" sound bytes clip from imminst and about imminst. Methuselah Foundation did one for Aubrey and it turned out superbly, its one of the single highest impact pieces Ive ever seen for the cause. Its hard to find though, which is unfortunate.

Im sure youve got some ideas, which we would love to see, and then if you are intersted, there are proposals for ideas that would fit in a package like that in the Art Team "suggestions" posts. They are topics that start with "Suggestion:" like this one for example.

If you do this Kian, of course, the biggest incentive is that it helps the cause. Almost as, maybe even more importantly is that your action inspires more action and more volunteers to join in general. A small incentive is that you would get entered in the monthly imminst volunteer prize drawing for it. The prize is small now, but we are working on increasing its value. Its going up soon, and its getting its own fundraiser, being developed now through http://imminst.org/fundraisers .

#9 Blank

• 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

Collecting sound-bites is definitely a part of what would need to be done. I'll do a little more planning on my end and maybe present a more detailed plan.

My reasoning is that the VIP types we're reaching out to are going to be less inclined to watch an entire documentary or read an entire book as they would be
to watch a short, pointed piece in a format they recognize and use themselves.

It's sort of a matter of speaking to them in their own language, as well as the media at large. The end-use, I think, would benefit the outreach more than any other
area.

More on this soon!

#10 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

Good ideas. Can we convince you to join the Art Team for these things? The marketing committee has media outreach development on their plate, depending on how that goes, maybe you would be interested in joining that down the road too. You could then be more media outreach if it works out, and help direct and work with the art team on relevant material.

Please do design this project your talking about. Remember also that there is the possibility of getting small grants here to help with it too.

#11 Blank

• 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:10 AM

After reading the thread about the Marketing/Outreach merger, I think I'd probably be best suited to the Ad Team. Though I may have some contributions for this
team now and again!

Good ideas. Can we convince you to join the Art Team for these things? The marketing committee has media outreach development on their plate, depending on how that goes, maybe you would be interested in joining that down the road too. You could then be more media outreach if it works out, and help direct and work with the art team on relevant material.

Please do design this project your talking about. Remember also that there is the possibility of getting small grants here to help with it too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users