• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Anderson Cooper 360 Features Alcor

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jennifer chapma

• 15 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:03 PM

"Buying Immortality" set to air on CNN
10pm-12am MONDAY (EST)

Alcor's Chief Medical Advisor, Dr. Steven B. Harris, and local Alcor members were interviewed recently by producers from CNN. The segment will air Monday night during the 2-hour "Anderson Cooper 360" show. Tune in to CNN from 10pm-12am Eastern for nightly news coverage about your cryonics organization!

Jennifer Chapman,
Alcor Marketing Director
jennifer@alcor.org

#2 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:13 PM

nice [thumb]

Seems like there are a lot of life extension programs in the mainstream media lately. Usually a good thing! (unless they start bashing it of course)

#3 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:14 PM

It will be on later tonight!

I am assuming AC360 is on live?
If so, it will be on 10 Eastern, 9 Central, 8 Mountain, and 7 Pacific.

Hopefully they cast cryonics in a positive (or at least objective) light.

:)

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Normal Dan

• 112 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:45 AM

nice  [thumb]

Seems like there are a lot of life extension programs in the mainstream media lately. Usually a good thing! (unless they start bashing it of course)

Ah, but remember, any publicity is good publicity. Especially in the case of Life Extension. There are so many people interested in it who don't know anything about it, or where to start. I myself found out about the immortality institute because it was mentioned on the Daily Show. Although it wasn't necessarily bad publicity, it wasn't necessarily good either. It's all about the free advertisement.

#5 scotthello

• 38 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:05 AM

Will it be available on CNN online? I do not have cable.

#6 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:20 AM

Will it be available on CNN online? I do not have cable.

I'm not sure, perhaps. (it might be worth checking out)
However, it is 1 hour, 20 minutes into the 2 hour program right now, and I haven't seen anything on cryonics yet. Perhaps the dates got mixed up on when it was airing?

#7 bgwowk

• 1,715 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:21 AM

Ah, but remember, any publicity is good publicity.

Where cryonics is concerned, that's definitely not true. There have been some very damaging and expensive sequelae resulting from bad publicity, to say nothing of the fact that practically every negative stereotype of cryonics is a result of media sensationalism. Also, practically nobody joins as a result of hearing about cryonics in the media. Almost every story is a damage control exercise.

---BrianW

#8 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:59 PM

According to what Jennifer said over in the Alcor forum today, the segment got bumped from the show. She says that if the producers give them advance notice of another planned air date, that they will make another announcement.

(btw, should this thread be in the "Cryonics" or "News & Events" part of the forum?, maybe an admin can make the move)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users