• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Questions and suggestions box

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rjws

• 143 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:19 PM

http://lesurvey.com/...qid=267&qnum=22

19. getting old sucks nanotechnology rocks surveys are cool too lol
18. Why would anyone want to live forever? I mean half the fun of living is always knowing that one day you\'ll be gone so you have to make the most out of life until it\'s your turn to go.
17. this is the dumbest survey i've ever taken. what are you trying to accomplish with this data collection, its not at all evident to the participant.
16. I dont believe in human Gods; and the mere thought of living for hundreds of years is obsured. The only reason to think so foolishly is the fear of death, wich one coould overcome if you simply accept lifes' perfectness just the way it is. Because even if you did live to be fourhundred years of age you're still gonna die!!
15. wtf?
14. Is it really possible to extend your life for more than 100 years??
13. if it turne out good i would love to be a tester
12. many of these questions should have an answer option of unsure
11. i believe the religious affiliation question is erroneous, because all major organized religion are based on the acceptance of the imposed "afterlife" ...fear of expiration or desire to stick around are both contradictory of any religious doctrine (essentially a punnishment for immorality via a negative result in the afterlife to encourage fundamental human coexistive responsibilities.) ..so any fight of the "inevitable" would negate any basic religious affiliation. the only choice should be "athiest" or "not sure." & as for the donation question... who is that important to??
10. Excellent survey! It really made me think about a lot of things. I am going to look up more on how I can support efforts to increase lifespans. MPrize you say? I will have to take a look at their website, and possibly send them a few bucks. I am always happy to find a worthy cause. :)
9. What is the purpose of living forever?
8. Additional possible reason why a person might be against extreme life extension: Because eternal-consciousness (Heaven) might actually be worth 'dieing' for. Some people intuit that this life isn't real anyway; that prolonging it is futile, even if we're successful in doing so. ...but God knows we'll try anyway.
7. I am concerned that this survey is biased due to the selection process. Most people taking it (if they were found the way I was) will be very inclined to support life extension. In any case, I am interested in taking a more active role in this social sphere if you need anyone. hwolfvii (at) gmail (dot) com.
6. get less questions
5. I LIVE IN THE USA SO DONT FORCE ME TO CHOOSE A STATE!! :p
4. i beleave that live is something that sould now be tamperd with...life and the world has been fine through the years i know and study about...so people should just suck it up and live life the fullest untill it is time to leave...
3. very controversial topic.
2. life should have an expiration date, but it doesn't have to show! I guess it would be cool to reverse the appearence of aging, but life's natural cycle should take its course! if it's Your time 2 go then, You go looking good for Your age!... You know what should be different about this medical breakthrough, no side effects, now that would b a great product!
1. The thought of extending life and being able to stay at around 20 kinda creeps me out. Like we'd have a bunch of living vampires walking around. Beyond all that, what do the christian fundamentalist(aka facist) have to say about the research

#2 rjws

• Topic Starter
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:21 PM

Atleast for every number 17 we get a number 13 and 14 lol

#3 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:31 PM

I like #10, they seemed to enjoy the survey and mentioned donating to the MPrize

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 stephen

• 202 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:32 PM

Amazing how many people (20%) say that "overpopulation" is the reason they don't want to live forever... Wonder why that is?

Also kind of strange that everyone's a college student from Maryland.

#5 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:36 PM

Amazing how many people (20%) say that "overpopulation" is the reason they don't want to live forever... Wonder why that is?

Also kind of strange that everyone's a college student from Maryland.

The Maryland thing has more to do with the regions of the country that the MySpace program is set to send messages to. I know mrfesta said something about how he was going to set it to message people from certain population centers, etc.

#6 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:39 PM

overpopulation....the horse sh*t theory

Does anyone know that quote that went something like " with current growth rates of population and the horse and buggy, London will be burried 8ft in horse sh*t by 1940"

#7 stephen

• 202 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:44 PM

overpopulation....the horse sh*t theory

Does anyone know that quote that went something like " with current growth rates of population and the horse and buggy, London will be burried 8ft in horse sh*t by 1940"

The way I see it: longer life spans are directly correlated with less children (see avg child rate in US vs. India).

And since most developed countries are trending into the natural negative population zones, I don't think we have too much to worry about. As someone who spends a lot of time traveling... we're not about to run out of space anytime soon. And if real estate ever gets to the point where every square inch of earth is populated -- I'm sure we'll see some very interesting ocean-based solutions.

Bring it on!

#8 mrfesta

• 155 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:04 PM

The Maryland thing has more to do with the regions of the country that the MySpace program is set to send messages to. I know mrfesta said something about how he was going to set it to message people from certain population centers, etc.

I don't really know why Maryland residents are more responsive than others.

So far I have sent invitations to about 3,000 males and 3,000 females for each of the following cities: NY, LA, Chicago, Washington DC.

I am trying to experiment with different types of invitation messages and default avatar images to maximize the response rate but time constraints are slowing this process.

If others would like to manage a profile to help optimize response rate just drop me a message :) I'll get you setup.

#9 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:29 PM

Maybe you should send more to people in Maryland [lol]

Or bother someone around here repeatedly until you can get them to help

#10 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:26 PM

you can also contact me for instructions on how to get started helping with the myspace campaign

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users