• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Outreach

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 rjws

• 143 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 01:19 PM

Weve gotten our first 20 odd surveys in and from just this sampling of mainly 19-30 year olds we havnt done a good job of getting the word to them. Most have never heard of degrey, or have any Idea about Life extension. Im hoping the survey can intrest them two left questions on the last question hopefully the survey will open door s to them.

#2 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:08 PM

For all we know, there should be about one full hit (person who strongly wants to live forever, but has no idea how help make it happen) among 100 interviewees. I'm looking forward to see if your survey confirms or refines this finding!

#3 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 08:17 PM

I am with John. Even if this survey helps out a very small percentage of the people that take it, I think it would still be a tremendous success.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 mrfesta

• 155 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:25 AM

not to mention the impressions made to those individuals that view the myspace profiles. (even if they do not take the survey)

#5 rjws

• Topic Starter
  • 143 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:52 PM

The survey is pillling up answers It seems most would use Life extending tech, though most wouldnt donate to the Mprize. Most have never heard of the mprize and only a little over half the x prize. finally most believe it will be 75 years plus for the technology to be built.

#6 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:55 PM

Just want to say thanks to rjws, mrfesta, and others who have taken on this initiative. Big Thanks. Good Job!

#7 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:05 PM

www.lesurvey.com

Click on "View Results"

#8 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:08 PM

lol these questions are great...

Do you support the use of current health practices, such as eating healthy, exercising, etc., to extend life spans?

and

Do you support the current medical practices aimed at increasing life spans? (open heart surgery, cancer treatments, defibrillators, etc.)

Heh. Who could honestly say "No"?

mrfesta is there anything other imminst members can do to help send get this survey out to people?

#9 rahein

• 226 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:45 PM

Since lifespans will be increasing drastically in the coming decades after aging has been eliminated, what lifespan would you like to live to?

This sounds like a loaded question maybe is should be:

If lifespans are increased drastically in the coming decades after aging has been eliminated, what lifespan would you like to live to?

#10 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:59 PM

This sounds like a loaded question maybe is should be:

It is meant to be a loaded question. If you look through the questions, the survey is meant to (primarily) be a way to pursuade people, change minds, get out info, etc. That has been the real purpose of the survey from the beginning. In fact, there were many discussions (both on the board and off) that I can remember on how to not only use leading questions, but how to use them to most effectively pursuade people, so it was not unintentional. (there are also 2 other threads on this when the plan was being formulated here and here, for more info) :)

hank, I think mrfesta is running a bunch of programs for getting the word out about the survey on MySpace, and he could possibly use help if someone had some computer cycles to spare running the programs? Not sure about that, but perhaps. :p

#11 wall

• 55 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:17 PM

Choose a state should not be a required question as not eveyrone lives in the USA.

#12 rjws

• Topic Starter
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:22 PM

I checked it out Wall it has a dependency should only show up if you answer number 18 with north america.

BTW thanks for fixing the front page wall. Looks great!!

#13 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:44 PM

Yeah, it only shows up if you answer United States in the previous question

#14 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:16 AM

Quick question: Is the data sufficient yet to get a preliminary answer to a question that came up over here: Does religiosity predict attitudes towards life-extension?

(even though the survey questions are probably too deliberately biased to make generally applicable data)

#15 rjws

• Topic Starter
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:51 AM

so far there is no real correllation in the votes to sustain an objection from religous standpoint. when asked if they would use longevity option if available only 4 percent said NO. the majority saying yes, maybe.

The total amount of people showing religous is smaller than expected only 47 percent compared to the last national poll I saw of 80 percent.

I think alot of people do like I do when pushed on the topic in person, I usualy go along with them so they will leave me alone lol. On the net theres noone to ridicule you for your answers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users