• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Form Letter To Potential Funding Partners

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:24 AM

Feel free to copy/print out the following letter to send to potential funding partners... Thanks to Dave Gobel for creating this document from a previous discussion.

Date

My Name
My Address
E-mail:
Phone:

Subject: Support for leading biomedical anti-aging researchers

Dear ---,

My name is ---. I am a member of the US nonprofit educational organization “Immortality Institute” (http://www.imminst.org). The Immortality Institute is an umbrella organization that serves as a platform for its members to exhibit, exchange and debate ideas and information regarding the possibility of human physical immortality.

The members of the Immortality Institute are convinced that biomedical research has the potential to significantly extend the healthy human lifespan. We want to support leading biomedical aging researchers, so that a safe and effective anti-aging therapy can be made available as soon as possible.

You may know that biomedical research has already started to unlock the secrets of aging. Scientists have already been able to double and triple the healthy lifespan of flies, worms, rats and mice and they already know a number of master genes, which control the aging process.

Here are some examples of recent breakthroughs of molecular aging research:

-- In December 2000 Dr. Stephen Helfand and other researchers from the University of Connecticut Health Center discovered a gene, that doubles the average life span of fruit flies This gene is also found in humans and opens the way for new therapies that could extend the average human life span to 150 years.

-- In September 2001 Dr. Robert Costa from the University of Illinois at Chicago published a study about the regenerative potential of the FoxM1B-gene. “Ponce de Leon was looking in the wrong place for the fountain of youth,“ said Dr. Costa. “He should have looked for the FoxM1B-gene.“

-- In February 2002 researchers from the Icelandic biotech firm DeCode Genetics pinpointed the Methuselah gene, which contributes to extreme longevity. Dr. Kari Stafansson, the CEO of DeCode said: “We know the location of this gene. Soon we will study its exact DNA sequence and work out how it works in the body. You can then think of making drugs that could replicate its action. There is no reason why we cannot do this“.

The potential of biomedical aging research is clear. But aging research is underfunded. Many exciting research projects can’t be realized because there is little adequate funding. We need the help of financially influential people, who want to support biomedical aging research.

We would be happy to provide you with documentation for the above and numerous other examples of valid research currently underway, as well as answer all your remaining questions. We can also give you the necessary contact addresses of the researchers.

Of course, you will be able to visit the laboratories of the researchers and talk to them personally, before making an investment/funding decision. We also believe that a safe and effective anti-aging therapy will have a large market potential worldwide. So this research can be interesting from a business point of view as well.

If you wish for this funding to be a private matter, we can assure your anonymity.

Sincerely,

#2 Bruce Klein

• Topic Starter
  • Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 15 November 2003 - 09:28 AM

Please feel free to edit/personalize the above letter... you may like to sent it to such individuals as:

David Bowie who said in a recent interview that he wanted to live for 300 yrs.

David Bowie
180-182 Tottenham Ct. Rd
London W1P 9LE
ENGLAND

---

Michael Jackson
Neverland Ranch
Los Olivos 93441
USA

#3 Jay the Avenger

• 286 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 08:19 PM

Why isn't MMP mentioned in the letter?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Bruce Klein

• Topic Starter
  • Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 09:20 PM

I suspect David G. was writing with ImmInst in mind here.

#5 Jay the Avenger

• 286 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 10:25 PM

Oh yeah...

He he... sorry about that. I couldn't help thinking ImmInst and MMP were somehow intertwined.

But the breakthroughs don't have anything to do with ImmInst, do they?

It just seems to me that any potential donater should be aware of Aubreys leading role in the anti aging movement, and ofcourse his MMP.

#6 Da55id

• 436 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2003 - 11:40 PM

Jay, I think it's a very propitious state of affairs that Imminst acts as an inviting and invigorating "agora" for unfettered discussions. Longevitymeme and Betterhumans et al provide a news, propogation and information outlet, and MMP provides an instrument/place where the forces created by these efforts can generate work in the form of commitment around which the general public and the scientific community can rally. These efforts are already synergistic, affective and effective. As the prize grows then all can continue to grow and positively interact...positive feedback cycle. But since we're loosely coupled, we can't easily hurt each other - kind of like geese flying in a V to a warmer destination. At one time or another, each goose takes the "pole position" while the others draft as it cuts the air for them.

Edited by MethuselahMouse, 27 December 2003 - 01:13 AM.

#7 Da55id

• 436 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2003 - 11:41 PM

Thanks Laz - edit accomplished. I never metaphor I didn't like ;-

Edited by MethuselahMouse, 27 December 2003 - 01:14 AM.

#8 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 27 December 2003 - 12:22 AM

An interesting recent study shows that even more is at work when geese adopt this strategy, besides the "sharing of burdens" that have always been understood there is apparently a net effect whereby together there appears to be a collective lift generated as if the whole wing is one wing. As the lead wings "drafts" the air flow it is creating a laminar effect that improves efficiency along the entire extended "virtual wing" created by the formation.

Isn't it amazing at times that apparently simple minded creatures can figure out such complex solutions predicated on little more than cause and effect, common necessity, and a will to cooperate on solutions?

You know you can edit your original text if you like M&M [lol]

Or if you want I can for lift that load for a fellow wingman and suggest that humans can share such burdens too :))

#9 theimmortalist

• 30 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 01:29 AM

Please feel free to edit/personalize the above letter...

My question for you is how much can I edit/personalize the the letter. I am more prone to use the term healthy life extension. My feeling is that it is a idea that might be easier to accept before pushing the idea of immortality.

#10 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 02:51 AM

My question for you is how much can I edit/personalize the the letter.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, Edit and personalize at will.

Welcome aboard,
Live Long and Well
William Constitution O'Rights
The First Immortal

#11 Bruce Klein

• Topic Starter
  • Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 10:14 AM

The limb is quite sturdy... feel free to edit and make your own.

Thanks!

Posted Image
Julia Butterfly Hill

#12 theimmortalist

• 30 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 12:59 AM

Thank you.

#13 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:41 PM

I have recently sent out a couple of copies of this, edited and personalized and I am hoping for some positive responses.

---------------------------------------
Maryland Lawyer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users