• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Charlie Kam's Songs

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:16 PM

Chicago based singer, song writer, and all-around brilliantly successful and creative guy (not to mention ImmInst Lifetime Member!), Charlie Kam has composed a number of inspirational tunes centered around futurism... all worthy of IPoding. Cryonic World is my favorite. - Bruce

Posted Image
I'm combination Transhuman, Immortalist, Extropian... the very model of a Singularitarian. - Charlie Kam, http://www.charliekam.com

All songs written, performed, copyrighted and owned by CharlieKam;
Recording Engineer: Howard Ferguson; Additional vocals: Kimberly Weeks

I Am the Very Model of a Singularitarian
I am the very model of a Singularitarian, I'm combination Transhuman, Immortalist, Extropian, Aggressively I’m changing all my body’s biochemistry Because my body's heritage is obsolete genetically, Replacing all the cells each month it's here just temporarily The pattern of my brain and body’s where there's continuity, I'll try to improve these patterns with optimal biology, (“But how will I do that? I need to be smarter. Ah yes…”) I’ll expand my mental faculties by merging with technology, Expand his mental faculties by merging with technology, Expand his mental faculties by merging with technology Expand his mental faculties by merging with technolo-nology And with our new technology, renewable clean energy, Remove our pathogens and overcome hunger and poverty In short I am a Transhuman, Immortalist, Extropian I am the very model of a Singularitarian In short he is a Transhuman, Immortalist, Extropian Knowledge in all forms music, art, science and technology, Our brains and bodies all precious and any loss a tragedy Important recognitions and insights are what we should retain While we destroy all of the useless information that remains And when a person dies we lose a profound pattern tragically, And the part of ourselves that interacted with them lit’rally Religious folks may rationalize that death is really something good ( “Something Good? Something GOOD???Ehh?) I think they’d change their minds if Singularity were understood I think they’d change their minds if Singularity were understood I think they’d change their minds if Singularity were understood I think they’d change their minds if Singularity were under, understood I create and appreciate all of the knowledge that I know Toward greater order even though complexity I know may grow In short I am Transhuman, Immortalist, Extropian I am the very model of a Singularitarian In short he is a Transhuman, Immortalist, Extropian He is the very model of a Singularitarian The purpose of the universe is that of all our human lives Since no aliens have come forth this much we can now rationalize We’ll spread our thoughts with nanobots that know how to self-replicate Through solar system, Milky Way or anywhere we designate Ideas are our products that will solve the problems of our fate And new ideas for the problems we can’t yet articulate Let’s leverage all our knowledge from the returns that accelerate ( Returns that accelerate? Sounds familiar, Ah yes, the law of accelerating returns by Ray Kurzweil of course,OF COURSE!) So the outcome of universe is something we can contemplate The outcome of universe is something we can contemplate The outcome of universe is something we can contemplate The outcome of universe is something we can conte contemplate The singularity is near but I won’t be indifferent In case something should go awry I’ll do my bestest to prevent Because I am a Transhuman,Immortalist, Extropian I am the very model of a Singularitarian

Transhumanism
What is this change you’re speaking of it sounds too weird to me We’re humans, and we’ll be this way throughout eternity The world, the world, the world is changing for the human race as our end is coming near We’ll put on our new computer faces there’s nothing we must fear You’re in denial changing dials after all these years, Ignoring soaring changes pouring in your eyes and ears Transhumanism Transhumanism Transhumanism Transhumanism, Transhumanism, Evolving, evolving, evolving through our biology ‘til it finally got us here We’ll put ourselves through technology in just the next few years No longer human but a new blend, a brand new entity Our mind expanding as we’re landing into what we’ll be Transhumanism Transhumanism Transhumanism Transhumanism, Transhumanism, Nanobotically transformed, When the frozen are rewarmed, We will worm our way to planets just to see, What it feels like to be, Immortal gods that we will be, In a universe that’s one of so many New dimensions we will find, Even travel throughout time, And discover things we never could conceive, Though you’re skeptical right now, Doesn’t matter anyhow, When we merge with our computers you’ll believe In …chorus: Transhumanism, etc.

Cryonic World
So give me a reason why you won’t be freezing right after the moment you die Don’t tell me it’s better if your body’s buried or set it in a fire to fry A chance for you livin’ is what you are given when you get suspended in time The cure for your death is a much better bet if you’d only just give it a try Sign right on the dotted line for a chance for more time there’s nothing that you can lose Science has picked up the pace giving our human race nanotechnology tools Don’t listen to all the fools living by ancient rules saying that we all must die So sign up your family and you won’t be lonely when reanimation arrives In our Cryonic world Our cryonic world No one ever has to die If they could all just learn to try To open up their frigid minds And see the future as it flies Right before there skeptic eyes Taking them by such surprise Changing all their very lives Changing all their very lives Our changing lives Your changing lives Our Changing lives It seems everyone has tried to make such fun of this vision that’s so obvious So many have taken for granted the advances science has brought upon us From airplanes that fly, to cars that we drive, computers and phones and tvs It’s hard to believe that they cannot conceive we’ll fix anything that we freeze The Law of Time and Chaos though it is fighting us doesn’t mean that we will lose We know that the answer to our aging cancer will depend on what we do choose Our chances are not so bleak when you begin to think of all the things that we learn Soon we will know just how far we can go thanks to our accelerating returns (Chorus).

Heaven Can Wait
I asked my grandmother, where did grandfather go and she replied He went to heaven child, that's where we all will go we when get old, we all must die But things are different now Science has changed it all And getting old is age-old fallacy There's a new lease on life The future looks so bright And getting better than we ever dreamed Look at how far we've come And we will continue on Every day a brand new discovery Don't know if we'll live forever Chances are much, much better Living indefinitely So I say Heaven can wait For another day It's not my fate To go 'way Heaven can wait For another day Let death take a holiday I saw the news today so many died 'cause of some new disease They buried all their dead, while I thought in my head these tragedies Don't have to be 'Cause things are different now Science has changed it all And being buried is a travesty Now we don't have to go We'll just be put on hold And realize this new reality We will freeze 'em and then we'll store 'em Until we find a cure for 'em Then they can return to a future advanced society Now I'm thinkin' we'll live forever Chances are much, much better Approaching immortality One more time (Chorus)

Atheist
Ignorance and superstition Has been the ceaseless competition Progressive scientific views Against the forces that hope I lose This is the fight that I must face In every way and every place I’m an atheist, I’m an atheist, I’m an atheist, And the truth will set me free. Separation of church and state Simple concept that they hate They go against my liberty It’s a slap in the face of democracy This is the fight that I must face In every way and every place I’m an atheist, I’m an atheist, I’m an atheist, And the truth will set me free Minority of minorities Alone against theocracy A voice that they will not receive But when they do they best believe For I’ve the proof for what I see They cannot show the same to me (chorus)

Transvision 2005 Conference in Venezuela (theme song)
Welcome to Transvision 2005 A new world, better, longer, healthier lives, New ideas, new beginnings, new ways to think, Changes are coming, as fast as we… blink Bien bienvenidos Transvision dos mil cinco Un mundo nuevo, Vidas más sanas, mas largas mejores, Nuevas ideas, nuevos principios, nuevas maneras de pensar, Los cambios están viniendo, tan rápidamente como … centelleo Bien bienvenidos Transvision welcome changes are coming Vidas más sanas new beginnings Nuevas ideas new ways to think nuevos principios nuevas maneras de pensar, Los cambios están viniendo, tan rápidamente como as fast as we centelleo blink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users