Photo
- - - - -

Concerns regarding Galantamind

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 jerebaldo1

• 33 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:25 AM

I have my suspiscions that I just wasted $52 on a gimped or fraudulent supplement. I have been taking Galantamine on and off for awhile now. In the beginning of my experimentation, I used Galantamine from Smart Nutrition which was a bit pricey. It worked though, that's for damn sure. I was floored after one day of trying 16mg at once (as opposed to 2xday). Talk about the hangover from hell. I haven't been that close to puking in a long while. I was a believer that I got the right stuff since nausea is the primary side effect of too much galantamine. So, I figured I'd give Galantamind a try since it was a better value. It doesn't give me the same headache at 16mg. And overall it doesn't seem to be increasing my multitasking abilities as well as the smart nutrition formula. Plus the ridiculous amounts of B5 give me gas. Anyone have their cross comparative experiences?

#2 guyledouche

• 130 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:29 AM

How did your motivation and energy feel when on the galantamine jere? I might wanna try this stuff sometime.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jerebaldo1

• Topic Starter
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 04:54 AM

galantamine 8mg 2x daily:
arousal: +
focus: --
multi-tasking: ++
relaxation: +
sponteneity: ++
verbal acumen: +
empathy:=
processing speed: +
overall mood: =+

#4 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:24 AM

life extension(the company who i believe puts out galantamind)... recently failed consumer reports for their huperzine-A which contains NO DETECTABLE huperzines...

very very very bad sign for a company. based on that alone i would stay away from their products. VRP makes good galantamine

#5 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:31 AM

life extension(the company who i believe puts out galantamind)... recently failed consumer reports for their huperzine-A which contains NO DETECTABLE huperzines...

Actually it’s Life Enhancement Products.

#6 kevink

• 184 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:47 AM

life extension(the company who i believe puts out galantamind)... recently failed consumer reports for their huperzine-A which contains NO DETECTABLE huperzines...very very very bad sign for a company. based on that alone i would stay away from their products. VRP makes good galantamine

Careful. It's Life Enhancement, not Life Extension, that puts out galantamind. As far as I could tell "Life Extension" has passed all of its tests very well, unlike the "Life Extension Foundation" which has failed at least one test (Chromium).

What was that X-Files saying? "Trust No One"

I agree it's "amazing" that Life Enhancment had ZERO Hup-A in its Hup-A product. Did they recall it? Not that I'm aware of. In contrast, Jarrow had a Ginkgo product with only 68% of the active component, and they recalled the whole lot. Jarrow good, Life Enhancement bad.

And this is from the Life Enhancement website - and why we have to work together to make sure none of us gets poisoned or cheated...

Quality is Paramount
The raw materials we purchase for our products are the safest, highest-quality, pharmaceutical-grade ingredients available in the world. We package under the purest possible clean-room conditions, and materials undergo lab testing to confirm purity greater than 98% (or we reject them!).

Clearly they didn't look at their Hup-A at all. Clearly this statement cannot possibly be true given the outcome of the 3rd party test. Clearly this is a company to be avoided.

#7 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 11:52 AM

I'm curious if they tested 1 capsule or the entire bottle......insuring 50 mcg in each capsule may have been beyond their abilities. That is not a very good sign in any case.

The only real way to know for sure is to test it yourself and if it shows well below (more than 5-10%) the quality indicated contact the company and see if they are willing to reimburse you for the test and the product.

#8 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:08 PM

It occurs to me that if the nootropic/health forums do branch out into their own site with their own finances and income, having various products independently tested would be an awesome use of funds. I think someone said that already but seriously, thats such a great idea.

#9 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:15 PM

Yep, I agree!

#10 LifeMirage

• Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 05:34 PM

Nice idea, what would you call it?

#11 jerebaldo1

• Topic Starter
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:36 AM

The NVCO- Nutraceutical verification co-op

#12 kevink

• 184 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 02:34 PM

It occurs to me that if the nootropic/health forums do branch out into their own site with their own finances and income, having various products independently tested would be an awesome use of funds.  I think someone said that already but seriously, thats such a great idea.

No offense to ImmInst, but all I use it for is the forum -- and without having "experts" like LM (at least when I thought he had an MD), AORSupport, etc., dropping by, it's just another open source based forum. Something anybody here could do for a few bucks a month and focus pinpointedly on the things I'm interested in (the Health sub-sections of the forums) instead of being somewhat of an after-thought.

Given comments made by some leadership (?) in the deleted "thoughts" thread (was it deleted or moved?) I get the feeling that the "Health" aspects are not germane to the leadership's priorities. I'm not stating FACT, simply the "feeling" I'm getting. I very well may be completely off base with that feeling.

But if I'm correctly perceiving the base inclination of the Leadership, I'm not sure ImmInst in its current incarnation is the best place for people with my interests to hang our collective hats.

Not bashing - just throwing it out there for discussion.

#13 focus

• 51 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:24 PM

No offense to ImmInst, but all I use it for is the forum -- and without having "experts" like LM (at least when I thought he had an MD), AORSupport, etc., dropping by, it's just another open source based forum. Something anybody here could do for a few bucks a month and focus pinpointedly on the things I'm interested in (the Health sub-sections of the forums) instead of being somewhat of an after-thought.

Given comments made by some leadership (?) in the deleted "thoughts" thread (was it deleted or moved?) I get the feeling that the "Health" aspects are not germane to the leadership's priorities. I'm not stating FACT, simply the "feeling" I'm getting. I very well may be completely off base with that feeling.

But if I'm correctly perceiving the base inclination of the Leadership, I'm not sure ImmInst in its current incarnation is the best place for people with my interests to hang our collective hats.

As I understand it, it is just the nootropics forum that is being considered for a spin off or a complete elimination from ImmInst. Food and supplements apparently do not have the liability issues for ImmInst that nootropics does.

I also came to ImmInst for the health forum primarily. And I still believe it is probably the best forum around for this information (that I know about).

I still believe that LM is very knowledgeable in the areas of nootropics and supplementation. It is his identity and credentials (and thus his reputation) that are now in serious question.

#14 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:34 PM

As I understand it, it is just the nootropics forum that is being considered for a spin off or a complete elimination from ImmInst. Food and supplements apparently do not have the liability issues for ImmInst that nootropics does.

That does make good sense. The health and supplementation forums are generally for people interested in life extension, tying in well with the overall theme of the site. Nootropics are just a tool for functional enhancement -- like bodybuilding supplements for the brain. No connection with immortality, except perhaps that the smarter we are, the better chance we have of getting there.

#15 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:41 PM

It occurs to me that if the nootropic/health forums do branch out into their own site with their own finances and income, having various products independently tested would be an awesome use of funds.  I think someone said that already but seriously, thats such a great idea.

Warning, contains very, VERY controversial opinions:

My orginal stance on this issue was based on the notion that people are here first and foremost to advance immortality. The health aspects of it have IMO been receiving way too much attention given their overall neglible relevance in that quest, even on an individual level. However, I do recognize the possibility that many people come here first and foremost due to the health discussions, and hopefully gradually move on to become involved in, hmmm, more serious life extension stuff (that might actually be useful, personal opinion only). So actually I do not feel comfortable separating health section from ImmInst (I could maybe do away with the noots section, but I am not sure wheter it is wise to separate it individually), as even I find it occasionately very useful.

However, given limited resources, I would definitely focus other aspects than developing health section. In fact I would like to see more active stance from leadership towards the stating where current advancement of health stands in the overall picture of achieving immortality. I think LifeMirages worst legacy was distorting that picture, through giving people false sense of control and hope through his indiscriminate presentation (like saying stuff like "I could win the MPrize now if I wanted with the knowledge I have", what a crook!). That has lead to wastage of valuable individual resources desperately needed in the fight againts involuntary death in a pressing competition againts limited time. By taking a stance on this, it would not only lead to more efficient use of resources and faster delivery of the promise we are about, it would actually probably concomitantely raise the quality of the discussion on the health forums, now being dominated by the biased propaganda of the supplement and nootropics companies.

#16 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:51 PM

Opales, I am inclined to agree with all of that, after giving it some thought. I'm one of the people that came here first and foremost for the health discussions, and gradually warmed up to "more serious life extension stuff" because of my exposure to the rest of the site.

You might want to post that on its own thread, because I don't think it will get the attention and discussion it deserves buried in this thread about galantamine.

#17 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:07 PM

Opales, I am inclined to agree with all of that, after giving it some thought.  I'm one of the people that came here first and foremost for the health discussions, and gradually warmed up to "more serious life extension stuff" because of my exposure to the rest of the site.

You might want to post that on its own thread, because I don't think it will get the attention and discussion it deserves buried in this thread about galantamine.

What section you think I should start that discussion at? (actually reposted part of this in another already, but as I am so proud of it I agree it deserves its own thread)

#18 kevink

• 184 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:15 PM

"I could win the MPrize now if I wanted with the knowledge I have"

Ha! I remember that quote too!

Well Opales, I have to admit I understand your view a bit more now, so thanks for posting that. I never did quite understand your almost "anti-supplement" demeanor in some other posts.

I agree with your point - and I must admit I have little interest in immortality at this point since I don't believe it possible for many lifetimes to come, if ever. I also have a personal belief that trying to use science for literal immortality is like using a hole in the head to cure a headache.

Also, my feeling is that a long life span (500 years?) is eventually achievable using a combination of methods…but that the unstable state of the human pshyche will prevent that from happening – unless we remove ignorant attractions and revulsions at the most subtle levels, we’ll self destruct mentally, either individually or societally, long before our enhanced bodies give out.

IMHO, the only way for an entity to achieve immortality is through evolution into a higher state of consciousness, free from the restrictions of the physical form. Because of that, I'm interested in Life Extension since it gives me more time to try and reach that ultimate goal. Because I want to operate at 100% capacity in that pursuit - I'm interested in Life Enhancement as well.

But that's just me.

As for more "serious" pursuits - I'm neither a researcher, a spectator on the details of those endeavors, nor a trans-humanist evangelist. When the nanoprobes are ready, just let me know where to buy some...like my cell phone, I don't need to know how to build it to benefit from it.

#19 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:19 PM

What section you think I should start that discussion at? (actually reposted part of this in another already, but as I am so proud of it I agree it deserves its own thread)

lol... I would try the ImmInst Suggestions area.

#20 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:24 PM

Well I put on General Forum. You guys may also want to move your subsequent post there from this Galantamind thread.

#21 jerebaldo1

• Topic Starter
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:22 AM

OK, it is now confirmed in my mind that Galantamind doesn't really have galantamine in it. I had just taken some of Smart Nutrition's Galantamine in the afternoon. I felt the familiar faint nausea as well as the positive boost to multitasking and verbal skills this time. I think that Galantamine either doesn't actually have 8mg of galantamine hyrobromide HCL in each 8mg capsule or wose that it doesn't contain any galantamine. Now that I know this, I will try unique nutrition's. If that is a good batch, I'll go with them since they are much cheaper than Smart Nutrition.

#22 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:23 PM

Unique Nutritions is a rebadged LifeEnhancement product. I know this from personal experiance

#23 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:04 AM

figures

go with VRP galantamine

#24 wblock

• 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:14 AM

Ted Cooperman, the man who runs Consmer Labs, appears to be a friend of supplements, but is he? For many years he was in the employ of the FDA, a division of government reactive and hostile to the core to nutritional supplements.

Copperman's organisation, Consumerlabs.com is amazingly reluctant to pin down subscribers who subscribe, and may I suggest, hair-triggered against those who don't. Is their testing protocol impecable? My own firm was subject to an analysis that doesn't jibe with our own test records, as I understand was the case with the Life Extension Foundation. Yet to overcome these findings, we would have had to subjugate ourselves to the power of comsumerlabs.com.

We offer our testing protocal and results from one of the most prominent labs in te country if not the world for those who are interested.

Knowledge is alway contexual.

Best,

W. Block

#25 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:35 AM

Ted Cooperman, the man who runs Consmer Labs, appears to be a friend of supplements, but is he? For many years he was in the employ of the FDA, a division of government reactive and hostile to the core to nutritional supplements.

Copperman's organisation, Consumerlabs.com is amazingly reluctant to pin down subscribers who subscribe, and may I suggest, hair-triggered against those who don't. Is their testing protocol impecable? My own firm was subject to an analysis that doesn't jibe with our own test records, as I understand was the case with the Life Extension Foundation. Yet to overcome these findings, we would have had to subjugate ourselves to the power of comsumerlabs.com.

We offer our testing protocal and results from one of the most prominent labs in te country if not the world for those who are interested.

Best,

W. Block

While I see your points, it does not match jerebaldo1's experience if you read his comments. His experience does match the testing sooo if 2 of three things agree, one has to wonder. Forgive the skepticism but we've had some fraud...in fact one might wonder how you suddenly appeared here....perhaps someone tipped you?

I'm sure this is rude, and I don't really think so, but can we verify his posts came from california where life enhancement is, and not chicago....

#26 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:23 PM

Best,

W. Block

First, you have a name wrong; it's Tod Cooperman, M.D., not Ted. Get your facts (and hopefully spelling and grammar) straight if you want to present a controversial topic and be taken seriously. If anyone is a friend to the supplement business, it's Consumer Labs.

Consumer Labs and its testing procedures have been evaluated through through a Supreme Court and won more than once; of course companies want to protect their image, so they often try to fight the results that prove they aren't able to match their label claim or have contaminated products. Of course CL won every case. The most recent was this (this is very recent too):

May 18, 2006 — Court denies vitamin trade group's motion to stop defamation suit brought by ConsumerLab.com

COURT DENIES VITAMIN TRADE GROUP'S MOTION TO STOP DEFAMATION SUIT BROUGHT BY CONSUMERLAB.COM

WESTCHESTER COUNTY, NEW YORK — MAY 18, 2006 (UPDATED APRIL 7, 2006) — ConsumerLab.com announced that the Supreme Court of the State of New York has denied a motion by a trade group of vitamin and supplement makers to dismiss the defamation suit brought against it by ConsumerLab.com. The trade group, which calls itself the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), had argued that the alleged defamatory remarks were shielded from suit and privileged because they related to a letter sent by it to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Justice Kenneth W. Rudolph ruled on Tuesday that no such privilege applied.

ConsumerLab.com has been at the forefront of exposing problems with vitamins and supplements in the U.S. since its founding in 1999 by Tod Cooperman, M.D. and former FDA scientist William Obermeyer, Ph.D. In what ConsumerLab.com considers a malicious smear campaign designed to undermine its credibility, CRN distributed a press release in January 2005 publicizing a letter that it simultaneously sent to the FTC alleging that ConsumerLab.com violated the FTC Act. CRN entitled its letter "Enforcement Action against ConsumerLab.com," creating the false impression that the FTC was involved in an action, which was never the case. The news release and letter were rife with false and misleading information about ConsumerLab.com. The FTC refused to take action with respect to CRN complaint, issuing a "no action" letter.

"We were pleased when the FTC exposed this trade group's accusations as no more than a baseless smear campaign and we are again pleased that the State Supreme Court has allowed our case against this group and its former president to proceed to trial," said Dr. Cooperman. "Consumers deserve to know the truth about what is in, or not in, the supplements they take. Our voice will not be silenced."

Tod Cooperman, M.D., President of ConsumerLab.com, advised that while melatonin is generally safe, it is a hormone and its use should be discussed with a healthcare practitioner. It can cause drowsiness for several hours after use and can interfere with some drugs, such as blood pressure medication.

ConsumerLab.com has tested more than sixteen hundred vitamins and supplements. It has found problems with over one quarter of the products it has selected for testing. ConsumerLab.com's reports are available through its popular subscription-based website www.consumerlab.com, which receives over two million visits per year, and in its acclaimed book ConsumerLab.com's Guide to Buying Vitamins and Supplements: What's Really in the Bottle?

ConsumerLab.com has no ownership from, or interest in, companies that manufacture, distribute, or sell consumer products. Subscription to ConsumerLab.com is available online.

Why do you think "Ted" Cooperman was an employee of the US Food and Drug Administration? Is that a fact, or something you just made up to suit your interest? Even if he was...I don't know how that is really relevant. In fact, if he stopped working for them to start Consumer Labs, that would just add to his credibility.

Second, Dr. Cooperman does not run Consumer Labs by himself. It's a fairly large organization that had its credibilty evaluated more than once. Dr. Cooperman does not run assays on products - his company merely "reports" on the results of independent testing results; and many companies have had to deal with the hard core truths that their products can't meet their label claim due to the fact that they cannot... The dietary supplement market is renown for having crappy quality as a whole; so that's not exactly news (see below).

To see all of their results:

http://www.consumerl.../news/index.asp

Consumer Labs has been around since 1999 and has been protecting folks since then. I am sure they will stick around.

Yes, we are very interested. Who are you, why do you suppose we would know who your are, what lab do you use; what is your "protocol?"

A study of ginseng products found tremendous variability, with as little as 12% and as much as 328% of the active ingredient in the bottle, compared to the information on the label (Am J Clin Nutr. 2001. 73. 1101-1106)

A study of 59 Echinacea products from retail stores analyzed by thin layer chromotography showed that 6 contained no measurable Echinacea and only 9 of the 21 preparations labelled as standardized extracts actually contained in the sample the content listed on the label. Overall, the assay results were consistent with the labelled content in only 31 of the 59 preparations (Arch Intern Med. 2003. 163. 699-704).

When the FDA announced in 2003 a proposed rule to establish good manufacturing practices for supplements, the FDA cited data that 5 of 18 soy and/or red clover supplements contained only 50-80% of the quantity of isoflavones stated on the label, and 8 of 25 probiotic products contained less than 1% of the live bacteria claimed on the label.

In 1998 the California Department of Health reported in a letter published in the New England Journal of Medicine that 32% of Asian patent medicines sold in that state contained undeclared pharmaceuticals or heavy metals, including ephedrine ( a stimulant), chlorpheniramine (an antihistamine), methyltestosterone (an anabolic steroid), phenacetin (a pain killer), lead, mercury, and arsenic (N Engl J Med. 1998. 339. 847).

A study in which 500 Asian patent medicines were screened for the presence of heavy metals and 134 drugs found that 10% were contaminated (Bull Environ Contam Toxicol. 2000. 65. 112-119).

A study in which all unique Ayurvedic herbal medicine products were purchased from all stores within 20 miles of Boston City Hall found that 14 of 70 products (20%) contained heavy metals and that if taken as recommended by the manufacturer, each of these 14 products could result in heavy metal intakes above published regulatory standards (JAMA. 2004. 292. 2868-2873).

Adulteration of imported Chinese dietary supplements sold in Japan is responsible for 622 cases of illness, 148 hospitalizations, and 3 deaths (Report of the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare. September 20, 2002).

A 2002 Bastyr University study of 20 probiotic supplements found that 16 contained bacteria not listed on the label, 6 contained organisms that can make people sick, and 4 contained no live organisms.

PC-SPES was removed from the market in 2002 after it was determined that it was adulterated with the prescription blood thinner, warfarin.

Peace.

#27 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:29 PM

Hey W. Block: how about this for a proposition: go sue Consumer Labs and try to sell your case to a jury composed of consumers. When you win, let us know what your company's name is and we might consider buying your products.

FTC DISMISSES COMPLAINT BY VITAMIN TRADE GROUP AGAINST CONSUMERLAB.COM

WHITE PLAINS, NY — March 15, 2005 — ConsumerLab.com has announced that the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) sent a letter today to a trade group of vitamin and supplement makers, which calls itself the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), stating that the FTC refused to take action with respect to a complaint by the group against ConsumerLab.com.

ConsumerLab.com is a leading independent evaluator of health and nutrition products and has been at the forefront of exposing problems with vitamins and supplements in the U.S. since 1999 when it was founded by Tod Cooperman, M.D. along with former FDA scientist William Obermeyer, Ph.D. ConsumerLab.com's mission is to help consumers identify better quality products.

In what ConsumerLab.com considers a malicious campaign designed to undermine its credibility, the trade group CRN distributed a press release in January publicizing a letter that it simultaneously sent to the FTC alleging that ConsumerLab.com violated FTC code. CRN entitled its letter "Enforcement Action against ConsumerLab.com," creating the false impression that the FTC was involved in an action, which was never the case. The news release and letter were rife with false and misleading information about ConsumerLab.com.

"We are glad that the FTC has exposed this trade group's actions as no more than a baseless smear campaign intended to discredit our findings and silence an independent voice," commented Dr. Cooperman, ConsumerLab.com's president. "Rather than shoot the messenger, it is time that this group heed the message that consumers deserve to know what is in, or not in, the supplements that they take." ConsumerLab.com will be commencing legal action against CRN and its executives for its defamatory attack.

ConsumerLab.com in the News

ConsumerLab.com appreciates the coverage it has received from many news organizations including those listed below.

Newspapers:
Boston Globe, Chicago Sun-Times, Chicago Tribune, Gannett News Service, Investor's Business Daily, Minneapolis Star Tribune, Newsday, New York Post, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Reno Gazette-Journal, San Francisco Chronicle, The Arizona Republic, The Atlanta Constitution, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, The Baltimore Sun, The Christian Science Monitor, The Detroit Free Press, The Hartford Courant, The Journal News, The Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, The Oregonian, The Orlando Sentinel, The Seattle Times Magazine, The Tampa Tribune, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, USA Today, and Wilmington Morning Star.

Magazines:
Arthritis Today, Better Homes and Gardens, Business Week, Cooking Light, Fitness Magazine, Glamour Magazine, Health Magazine, HerbalGram, Herbs for Health, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, Ladies' Home Journal, Men's Health, Modern Maturity, Money Magazine, Mother Earth News, New Choices Magazine, Newsweek International, O the Oprah Magazine, Parade, Prevention Magazine, Pure Power, Magazine Protégez-Vous, Reader's Digest, Remedy Magazine, Runners World, Self, Shape, Time, USA Weekend, U.S. News and World Report, and Vegetarian Times

Newsletters:
AARP Bulletin, Bottom Line Health, Bottom Line Personal, Cosmetics Cop Newsletter, Dr. Andrew Weil's Self Healing Newsletter, Environmental Nutrition, Nutrition Action Newsletter, The Johns Hopkins Medical Letter — Health After 50, The Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter, Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, and the UC Berkeley Wellness Letter

Radio:
"Eye on the Internet" KRLD 1080/Dallas-Fort Worth, Focus on the Family with Dr. James Dobson, The People's Pharmacy (Public Radio), and WOR HealthTalk with Dr. Hoffman

Television:
ABC News 20/20, CBS Evening News with Dan Rather, CNN Headline News, and NBC Today Show and Weekend Today Show.

Trade & Professional Publications:
American Journal of Nursing, Complementary Practice of Alternative Medicine, Drug Store News, Food Labeling and Nutrition News, Functional Foods, Health Supplement Retailer, Journal of Practical Psychiatry, NACDS Chain Pharmacist Practice Memo, Natural Business, Natural Pharmacy, Nutraceuticals World, Nutritional Outlook, Primary Psychiatry, Psychiatric Annals, The Tan Sheet, Today's Dietician, Today's Health & Wellness, U.S. Pharmacist, Vitamin Retailer Magazine, and Whole Foods.

Books:
"Nutrition Concerns in Women" by Sarah Johnston Miller, Pharm.D., BCNSP appearing in the American College of Clinical Pharmacy's Pharmacotherapy Self-Assessment Program version IV, 2002.
The Wellness Revolution, Paul Zane Pilzer, John Wiley & Sons, 2002.
Nutritional Aspects and Clinical Management of Chronic Disorders and Diseases, Edited by Felix Bronner, CRC Press, 2002.

And the list keeps growing!

#28 zerodeathrider

• 15 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:49 AM

Does anyone have a COA that either shows no Galantamine or any Galantamine in Galantamind?

So far I've seen no real proof either way.

#29 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:13 AM

Does anyone have a COA that either shows no Galantamine or any Galantamine in Galantamind?

So far I've seen no real proof either way.

Obviously you don't have a membership with Consumer Lab.

Do you think that the COA read "0 Galantamine detected" in Life Enhancement's Galatamind product? Of course not.

The Certificate of Analysis in the supplement business is often just a "certificate of content," and is often altered to values that are totally inaccurate. The dietary supplement business is un regulated like the market for other food products. And considering many supplement companies use the cheapest supplier for an ingredient in their "food," you are eating imported and unregulated Chinese food in many cases -- ESPECIALLY nootropics...that's why Consumer Lab consistently finds about 20% of all dietary supplement to be contaminated or otherwise unable to meet their label claims.

Standardization is not defined by US law, companies can sometimes get away with selling products with zero active ingredient.

Look how nasty the stuff on US store shelves is:

Check the link below:

http://www.consumerl.../news/index.asp

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 zerodeathrider

• 15 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:19 AM

Obviously you don't have a membership with Consumer Lab.

I am and i read the report on the huperzine A but they gave no COA. Do you have the COA?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users