Photo
- - - - -

Jigsaw Bars

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:45 AM

These bars just came out a few weeks ago, and I got a box of each flavor, the Chocolate, and the Coconut-Almond (my favorite). Over the last several years I've been on a mission to find the best all-around mini-meal (a.k.a snack) replacement bar that I could use while traveling, or for convenience once in a while. Every other bar I've ever found has multiple weaknesses, such as Odwalla's Chocolate Chip Peanut, which has too little protein (9 grams) and it's protein is largely gluten, a low-grade protein that most of us should avoid. I could go on and on listing bars, and telling you why they do not measure up in one way or another.

The Jigsaw Bar, though, is nearly faultless, especially if you're looking for a low glycemic option, as it doesn't have any sugar or processed carbs (or fructose or any kind -- an area most bars get wrong). It does have 12 grams protein, and none of it gluten. And, unlike most junk protein bars on the market, it doesn't use casein or soy protein, either.

The bars are trans-fat free, and as a bonus includes 50mg of actual marine omega-3 oil (30mg EPA, 20mg DHA). Most bars that claim omega-3 use flax oil, not the recommended version. Also, no artificial flavors, toxins, preservatives, etc. (another area most bars fail).

Anyway, if you need healthy snack bars because you're often on-the-go, I can easily recommend these. And as a bonus, they taste good.

http://www.jigsawhea...igsaw-bars.html

#2 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:18 AM

damn fish

#3 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:29 AM

damn fish

Haha, I agree [thumb] Those are solid bars, Duke! Those kind of bars I usually avoid just because like you said, so many of them have so many faults (or are just too expensive anyways to have on a regular basis).

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:46 AM

Hey Duke, where can you buy them?

#5 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:05 AM

just for the record, here's the nutritional panel

Posted Image

I'm thinking that a lot of people with sensitive tummies would love this bar. Rice protein is a fairly easy protein to digest and it's dairy free of course.

People really need to rethink their views on Protein, CHO and fat. People tend to look for things that are low in fat despite how they they made the product with the low fat. A lot of low fat foods are filled with chemical flavour enhancers and nutritionally zip fillers. I would rather eat something that had 10grams of fats from good sources in it than something that had 2 grams of fat but full of chemicals and inferior nutrients.

#6 DukeNukem

• Topic Starter
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:00 PM

>>> Hey Duke, where can you buy them?

AFAIK, only from that site I linked to.

#7 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:28 PM

Wow, these do look good. They only cost $1.50 a piece right now with the buy one, get one free offer. Great find. [thumb]

#8 DukeNukem

• Topic Starter
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:05 PM

Didn't even notice they were on sale for two-for-one. I just told my office manager to buy 20 boxes for the company. I've been handing them out to people, and so far the coconut-almond is about everyone's favorite -- it's practically as good as a real candy bar in flavor.

#9 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:29 PM

That does sound good. Most nutrition bars are little more than candy or cookies with a couple good things tossed in to make them sound healthful. But, at $1.50 each they aren't what I'd call cheap plus you have to pay shipping. If I was on the go a lot and needed stuff to take along and munch I'd consider picking some up. For snacks I prefer nuts or maybe grapes or raisins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users