• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

The Top Ten Trends of the Extreme Future

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:40 PM

I just found this Webb site. All ten topics we talk about here. We are number 4.

http://www.globalfut...om/10trends.php

Fueling the Future - The energy crisis, the costs, the post-oil future, and the future of energy alternatives like hydrogen, hybrids, and biofuels will be an essential factor into every business decision. The critical role that energy will play in every aspect of our lives in the 21st century will shape business and society.

The Innovation Economy - The central driver of future commerce will be innovation industries. Investing today in fast moving patents, innovations, ideas, like the Four Power Tools of the future: nano-bio-neuro-info, and products will shape competitive advantage.

Talent War - Talented people are the key to business success. There will be more jobs than skilled people to fill them. Companies will compete for the growing shortage of skilled people. More incentives to keep and recruit the best people will emerge.

Longevity Medicine - Health care is being transformed by biotech and genomics. People will be living longer, healthier and more productive lives. The human enhancement marketplace, offering new organs, new memories, new limbs, new skin and new lives, will translate into the largest market of the future—even immortality, for some, will be possible.

Weird Science - Always-On wireless Internet, teleportation, smart materials, space tourism—Weird new science will change every aspect of our lives, culture and economy, leading to new jobs, new products and new options. Nations and businesses that invest in future science will profit in economic growth.

Securing the Future - A new risk landscape is emerging from war, to hackers, to terrorists, to mind control, which will pose new challenges for individuals, governments and business. The personal security market will be lucrative.

The Future of Globalization - The new realities of more open global trade will offer both risk and opportunity in the near future. The rise of China and India; the clash of different cultures and ideas. Free trade, open markets and improved quality of life will define the 21st century.

The Future of Climate Change - The environment is changing and we need to prepare for increased global warming, pollution, and threats to biodiversity that will present new business opportunities. At the same time, the Clean Tech market will offer business a large financial opportunity to clean up the planet.

The Future of the Individual - The near future will provide opportunities for personal wealth creation that will underlie all other trends. Individual invention and innovation will accelerate business success. We will also see a struggle to balance individual freedom, privacy and security.

The Future of America and China - How the destiny of these two great nations - from capitalism to democracy, to innovation and security - will shape the future.

#2 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 03:06 AM

"Free trade, open markets and improved quality of life will define the 21st century." ... so very optimistic.

#3 AaronCW

• Guest, F@H
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:21 AM

It is very optimistic, but not impossible. It is a possibility that I will fight to make a reality. Free trade and open markets are the preconditions for the Anti-aging technologies we all look forward to to be developed.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 biknut

• Topic Starter
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:10 AM

I don't understand why some people are so negative. I think most of these ten things are not only possible but some of them are already here. Number 3 for instance.

"Talent War - Talented people are the key to business success. There will be more jobs than skilled people to fill them. Companies will compete for the growing shortage of skilled people. More incentives to keep and recruit the best people will emerge. "

This is already the case here in Texas. We have more jobs than people to fill them. I just saw on the news the other day where they said skilled jobs in the Texas oil industry were going unfilled because they couldn't find enough skilled people to fill them. The saying is "If you can walk and chew gum at the same time you can get a job in the oil industry in Texas" They said jobs that they were offering $15 an hour for at the beginning of the year now are going unfilled for $25 an hour, and they are offering a 100 a day bonus just to show up.

How about number 9?

"The Future of the Individual - The near future will provide opportunities for personal wealth creation that will underlie all other trends. Individual invention and innovation will accelerate business success. We will also see a struggle to balance individual freedom, privacy and security."

For me this started years ago. I own my own home. My wife has never worked outside our home. I'm a lowly high school drop out that started my own Air Conditioning service company 22 years ago. I'm able to command $100,000 a year by my own hand. The air conditioning industry in Texas cannot find enough people to hire, and it's been this way as long as I can remember. This is in a state supposedly overrun by illegal immigrants.

If I can succeed anybody can do it. For my next trick, I plan to live a thousand years riding on a Harley.

#5 advancedatheist

• 1,419 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:13 AM

I just saw on the news the other day where they said skilled jobs in the Texas oil industry were going unfilled because they couldn't find enough skilled people to fill them. The saying is "If you can walk and chew gum at the same time you can get a job in the oil industry in Texas" They said jobs that they were offering $15 an hour for at the beginning of the year now are going unfilled for $25 an hour, and they are offering a 100 a day bonus just to show up.

Oil-related companies also have trouble finding equipment because a lot of the infrastructure for extracting and moving oil dates from the 1970's and before, and the companies capable of replacing this hardware can't keep up with the demand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users