• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

The Mprize Gets Its 100th 300 Member!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 06:24 AM

I couldn't be happier! :) :)

Absolutely bizarre to remember back to the fall of 2003 when I got involved with the Aubrey and Dave Gobel... not even 3 years ago. I'm sure there are many here who remember a time on ImmInst when there wasn't an Mprize or a Methuselah Foundation. It's amazing how far we've come and how fast and quickly The Three Hundred are truly morphing into something like their namesake. We of The Three Hundred feel a sense of togetherness of purpose that is something I don't think I have felt many times before, if ever. That we have made it to 100 members.. one hundred people commiting to $1000 per year to fight aging is ludicrous and beautifully outrageous. I stand in awe and am humbled by this group. Thank you all you members who read this and know we are standing shoulder to shoulder, truly brothers and sisters-in-arms.

We will likely be making a much bigger deal of this just because it is a significant milestone to have achieved and a testament to the convictions of the volunteers and supporters of the Mprize and the Foundation but what's really great is that the fact that it was a milestone didn't matter to our 100th donor, he just wanted to help.

I have seen this individual evolve and find it quite fitting that he seems to be reaching his own milestones along with us. I am proud to have Adam counted amongst us who have decided to put our collective weight together and give our vision some momentum. I know that by his example many more will be inspired and we all need a little inspiration to lift us up occasionally from our grubbing in the dirt.

Thanks Adam!!!!

#2 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 08:28 AM

Thank you for your kind words, Kevin!

I noticed on the page including the members who are part of the 300 that the Immortality Institute has donated $3,995.00 (That's a lot of $)...I can imagine that many visitors of this forum find out about the The Methuselah Foundation here first. It was partly opales and shepard that drew me to become a member of the 300. :) )

http://www.mprize.or...hreehundredlist

#3 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:40 PM

Congratulations Adam. I knew you had it in you, I am very proud of you. This is perhaps the most effective measures someone not (yet) being able to advance the science to fight aging can do to help mankind. Someone might dedicate their entire lives drilling wells the third world, yet I am willing to bet your seemingly simple act here will eventually save more lives, one of which could be yourself. It's an act of nobleness armed with breezing rationality and fearless realism. You are not closing your eyes from the constraints of the real world, but acknowledge that there is very little currently available measures can do to extend human lifespan. Yet you are also visionary enough to realize that through rigorous scientific endeavours that can be changed. You are not closing your eyes wishing other people do it for yourself, but actively participate in making it happen a little sooner.

In my eyes, you are a modern day hero.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 01:01 PM

yay, 100 members!

I wonder if there will ever be a point in time where they actually have to turn people down, because there are more than 300 people wanting to join?

100 thumbs to represent the 100 joined so far:
[thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb] [thumb]

#5 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:41 PM

That's awesome. I'm very impressed how quickly it has hit 100.

#6 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 05:00 PM

I wonder if there will ever be a point in time where they actually have to turn people down, because there are more than 300 people wanting to join?

Of course there will be! I bet in terms of time, we are more than half-way there.

#7 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 07:20 PM

Well, I talked so much hype about promoting awareness of the Mprize that it was about time that I did something to back it up. :) I still want to make promotional materials, and plan to..it just depends on several other variables that I hope work out in my favor...

#8 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 08:19 PM

we should have a party or something...

#9 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:10 PM

we should have a party or something...

Posted Image

#10 Anne

• 182 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:24 AM

Congratulations! Wow. This is very cool. I don't really know Adam but anyone who signs up as a 300 member definitely deserves some acknowledgement for their commitment to help fight involuntary death.

I hope to become a member myself at some point, probably after I get some house / financial planning stuff straightened out. But in the meantime I most certainly want to say "YAY!" for those who have already made the 300 commitment! 1/3 of the way to filling all the slots -- that is indeed significant! I too remember ImmInst three years ago, when I stumbled upon it nearly by accident. At the time it seemed too good to be true, that there were people taking this sort of thing seriously. I am more than pleased to see that it has been much more than a passing fad, but a serious and profound inspiration to many to hasten longer, healthier lives for everyone.

=D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users