Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

split from "how to complain"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chip

• 387 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:57 AM

The above post by Caliban does not list all of those who have the power to edit, delete, and/or move posts. You can see a list of the staff here: http://www.imminst.o.../leadership.php It is questionable as to whether or not it is up to date as entries in the constitution are out of date or at least imply such with the listing of dates associated with upcoming elections in our present past. [glasses]

Directors and Navigators apparently have great power to work with revising or changing already made posts in any area. Advisors have this power in the areas listed by their names. I have witnessed one instance where it appeared that an advisor moved a post from this suggestion area to the catcher so perhaps the system gives editing and moving privileges in a broader way than suggested by the documentation of Imminst.

I suspect I will be corrected if mistaken.

Edited by Chip, 11 July 2005 - 12:57 AM.

#2 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2005 - 01:23 AM

All members of leadership have the right to moderate if and only if a post is not in conformance with the institute's standards.

It is virtually unheard of for leadership to delete a post outright unless it is judged to contain illegal content or spam. Indeed, any member of leadership technically has the "power" to delete or alter posts, but this does not mean that they have the right to do so. Members of leadership who abused their moderator privileges would certainly be reprimanded, and possibly even stripped of their title.

Also all edits, both by the actual poster and by leadership, are recorded at the bottom of the post.

Third, within the leadership forum most navigators and leaders have created personal logs that record their moderator actions. Of course, this system is not perfect, but I believe that it is conducive to an environment of cooperative oversight and general openess.

Finally, readers of this thread should be aware that the highest ranking members of leadership have administrative level access that can be used to go back and view all actions taken on this site. It should be noted that this capability is usually only used in exceptional circumstances.

#3 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,154 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 03:55 PM

NOTE: This thread will now field questions and clarifications about "how to complain" only. All other contributions, even if they are related, will be removed.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:22 AM

If your criticism relates to the lack of a technical feature

The search function appears to only find items from the current year. a search of Deprenyl confirms this. Previous writings may have value.

#5 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:31 AM

The search function appears to only find items from the current year. a search of Deprenyl confirms this. Previous writings may have value.

searching the last 365 days is the default value. You can set it to any date in on the search page

#6 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:36 AM

You are right. I'll modify my complaint to suggest that it go automatically to full search. The "flood control" thing ought to make that tolerable

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users