• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

The Meaning Of Life

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 john e

• 76 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:33 AM

"The meaning of life in a word:
Fellowship
The meaning of life in a sentence:
All life is born to interact with other life of any form."
~John

#2 Neurosail

• Life Member, F@H
  • 311 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2005 - 07:48 AM

The Secret Meaning of Life!

Edited by Neurosail, 21 January 2007 - 01:21 AM.

#3 john e

• Topic Starter
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 03:57 AM

Thank you for the link.

The meaning of life is fellowship and the purpose of life is to gain the understanding to be able to live happily for eternity.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 brynjarh

• 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:07 AM

"The meaning of life in a word:
Fellowship
The meaning of life in a sentence:
All life is born to interact with other life of any form."
~John

I find your comments on the meaning of life highly disturbing, I could as well say that all life exists to interact with the universe or something else that sounds good.
Wikipedia: Meaning of Life
Wikipedia: Meaning
Wikipedia: Purpose

#5 john e

• Topic Starter
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 10:11 AM

Thank you for bringing this up. I knew that the meaning of life would need more than a sentence to explain. I have not been able to define it past a sentence as of yet and have been looking forward to developing the explanation to the meaning of life. Before the meaning of life can be understood, we need to understand the proper way to explain “spiritual principles”. We, being Our Heavenly Father/Holy Spirit, intelligence community and myself. Please read my introduction if you haven’t read it yet. There are other things that we need to understand more fully also. I apologize for not being able to bring them to mind at this time. I have been up all night doing my Spiritual Engineer work. Please do a search for all my posts on this forum to understand where I am coming from.
Thank you,
~John

#6 brynjarh

• 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:54 PM

When you say "Intelligence Community" are you talking about Wikipedia: Intelligence community or something else?
You say you have received thoughts from the heavenly father?

I have my self experienced unrealistic spiritual happenings manifest it self into reality, been able to identify my self from matter on a very weird level (it's weird looking in the mirror in this state), experiencing strange feelings like I was leaving my body or/and entering my/a mind, gotten extraordinary ideas which I'm working on at the moment, been talked/thought to by "an external entity" and something best described as an "oversoul" or something similar.

These above explanations of my experience are not accurate since I don't remember them well and it's really hard to explain unrealistic experiences in a realistic way, probably the only reason I remember this much of it is because I wrote and drew so much down, both on paper and on digital form. I understand now how reality is fragile and how the brain might give us many illusions, even in a natural state, just for the sake of survival.

Having said that I don't believe it was anything but my self going insane or something like that I'm no psychiatrist, possibly even drugged, never got an explanation for it, though I must say I developed very practical ideas and am a much better person after these experiences, my life changed from utter hopelessness of reading, reading and reading and no doing to a very organized reading and doing practices. ;)
Though I'm forever marked for being weird for few weeks, people are afraid of unpredictability. And yeah I forgot! I also drew wonderful images in these strange weeks.

Let's hope evil spirits didn't manifest in me hmm :D

I also like to add that many old and new religious/spiritual practices are surprisingly right about many things if you know how to read them by READING THEM instead of reading them and decide before hand that it's going to be wrong. But I think they where interpretations by humans of that time of things that we are now starting to explain in detail, not the other way around, that God or something told them about it and now we are knowing more about it, unlikely from my perspective.

I find religions in that sense interesting, but wrong none the less, though I haven't gone that way to find out, I just choose to believe ~religion is wrong without studying it like so many of us choose to do. Religion hasn't really proved to me at any level that it has something more to offer then non-detailed knowledge.

On another subject, I'm interested to hear more about this wireless brain wave technology, I might even google it up.

#7 john e

• Topic Starter
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:25 AM

Thank you very much for the wonderful post. In due time we will be explaining the truths about the spiritual realm, perception and the absolute need to confirm the incidents.
~John

#8 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:50 AM

I have my self experienced unrealistic spiritual happenings manifest it self into reality, been able to identify my self from matter on a very weird level (it's weird looking in the mirror in this state), experiencing strange feelings like I was leaving my body or/and entering my/a mind, gotten extraordinary ideas which I'm working on at the moment, been talked/thought to by "an external entity" and something best described as an "oversoul" or something similar.

It is actually quite common to have feelings of being disconnected and of being in the 'presence' of someone/something. The mind is an very interesting, intricate, and increasingly better understood phenomenon as well as how it relates to brain structure. They've even isolated a 'god spot' in the brain which when electrically stimulated makes a person think they are having a religious experience with an entity (usually male). I believe that 'spiritual' altered states will be shown to be directly linked to events within the brain, just as every other sensation and behavior yet studied has been show to be thus far.

#9 john e

• Topic Starter
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:18 AM

Thank you very much Kevin.

You Rock!

~John

#10 123456

• 295 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:28 AM

The meaning of life?

When I was in high school, I recalled a teache ask this question to the class. I answered quite foolishly; " To live ". Now after giving it some thought, it actually depends on the individual, to each the meaning of life may be one or more things; Such question addresses a person's opinion.

#11 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:09 AM

the meaning of life is to give life meaning.

Funny how lost some people find themselves when they realize that a meaning of life doesn't come from a superstitious deity, but from within themselves.

I personally find it rather wonderful that I get to pick my own meaning, not have one forced upon me.

#12 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:49 PM

People often talk of thinking that each person has to choose their own meaning, but Ive always, as many have Im sure, thought there must be an idea that encompasses that notion.

Isnt that notion, and the meaning of life, to accomplish as many of the things that you want as possible?

#13 lightowl

• Guest, F@H
  • 767 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:56 AM

So, what if there is a universal meaning of life? Of course that would have to be a meaning of all life and not just human life. What should we do with it? Should we all stop what we are doing and start working towards reaching the ultimate goal to the meaning of life? If there is an ultimate goal. If there is no ultimate goal there would be no meaning to the experiment, IMO.

If we find the ultimate meaning of life, would that be the end to any point of living? We know what its ultimately about, so why do something different when we know its not about that at all? It would seem meaningless in comparison.

The question: "What is the meaning of life?" seems all too arbitrary and without meaning itself. If we don't even know the question, how can we have the faintest idea what the answer is?

I personally think we should start by making sure we keep living before we start figuring out what its all about. After all, its probable that living might have something to do with the meaning of life.

What is the meaning of human life? - You figure it out, and please tell me when you know for sure. No guessing, I want proof. :)

#14 Pointdexter

• 33 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:53 AM

I personally find it rather wonderful that I get to pick my own meaning, not have one forced upon me.

This is how every immortalist should feel. [thumb]

The meaning of life?

Progress. Too become our own successors. To exist and prosper in an incomprehensibly rich and fun universe. If it's not already like that, we shall make it like that. :)

#15 john e

• Topic Starter
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:28 PM

The truth is not forced on anybody. Everybody has the will to believe, understand the truth or not. Not believing in the truth only changes what your perception of the truth is. My definitions of the meaning of life are proved within life here on earth. Perception due to a belief can lead to misunderstanding the truth. My belief has been developed by evidence of the truth. Belief can be wrong but the truth can not. Seek the truth to develop a true belief. The proof is in the pudding. ;)
Love always,
~John

#16 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:21 AM

Fellowship? hell no.

Believe it or not, the human race - egoistic.

Fellowships are the way to make yourself stronger and acceptable, to other's liking and hence have less enemies. Less chances to get killed. A shield.

However, when we use the term "The Meaning of Life", we mean, the meaning of everything! the whole universe! ... now what the heck would "fellowship" mean to the 3rd sun on millions of light-year galaxy...

-Infernity

#17 da vinci

• 47 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:50 PM

I think life is an accident just like the rest part of the existing forms, maybe there's half alive half dead things too. I watched the programme on Discovery channel talking about the possible forms of aliens, there could be half plant half animal freaks planted in the planet and can't not move freely waiting for victims come up themselves and catch them for food.And then the completely dead ones, like virus.

Meaning? Does it have to be one there?

#18 123456

• 295 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:33 PM

I do not consider viruses as dead matter. I believe they should consider recognizing viruses as living matter, regardless if it cannot reproduce on its own etcetera. One of the main reasons why I am for it being so is because it has Deoxyribonucleic acid.

#19 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 07:24 PM

One of the main reasons why I am for it being so is because it has Deoxyribonucleic acid.

Hey, you're discriminating against RNA viruses [tung]

#20 th3hegem0n

• 379 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:55 AM

Meaning of life -- Yudkowsky

#21 Pointdexter

• 33 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:19 AM

Meaning of life -- Yudkowsky

Yeah, that about covers it. [thumb]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users