Photo
- - - - -

Resveratrol

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 07:53 AM

I have not been keeping up with the anti-aging medicine for very long. Last time I checked, we did not have anything that could directly increase lifespan. Is Resveratrol the first authentic anti-aging supplement that could eventually become as accepted to the general public as Vitamin C is for preventing colds? The research looks very promising in mice and other rodents. Reputable people are taking the stuff and new research supporting use of Resveratrol for life extension seems to be coming in. We do not know how it will perform in humans, but when was the last time we saw another "Resveratrol" in the past? Has there been other substances which have received as much attention in research for anti-aging application such as resveratrol?

#2 reason

• Guardian Reason
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 08:51 AM

AGE breakers.

http://www.fightagin...ives/001000.php

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the funding put into CR biochemistry-related research has already surpassed the funding put into AGE biochemistry, however.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:42 AM

but when was the last time we saw another "Resveratrol" in the past?

The only one that comes close is HRT (hormone replacement therapy). It was widely accepted until the long term studies came out. I hope and believe that reveratrol will have a happier ending. Time will tell.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:07 PM

I'm still in favor of HRT...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users