- - - - -

Capping machine and capsules

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 zencatholic

• 88 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 11:30 PM

Hi all,

I've decided that some supplements just weren't made to be consumed in powder form (e.g. piracetam, turmeric), despite my best efforts of gagging the stuff down mixed with tomato or orange juice.

Where should I go online to buy a capping machine and capsules? What size capsules do you recommend purchasing? Where can I find a capsule size-milligram chart?

Thanks!

Peace be with you all,
AMDG

Zen Catholic

#2 fieyaa

• 38 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 11:49 PM

Hi all,

I've decided that some supplements just weren't made to be consumed in powder form (e.g. piracetam, turmeric), despite my best efforts of gagging the stuff down mixed with tomato or orange juice.

Where should I go online to buy a capping machine and capsules?  What size capsules do you recommend purchasing?  Where can I find a capsule size-milligram chart?

Thanks!

Peace be with you all,
AMDG

Zen Catholic

http://www.torpac.co...mal_capsule.htm <-- its for animals.. but the picture and weights are all acurate.

http://www.1fast400....products_id=557 <--- Cap-M-Quik capping system. Pretty nice (kinda cheaply made tho) but works nonetheless
http://www.1fast400....roducts_id=1377 <--- tamping tool .. needed to pack in the capsules for fluffy powders
www.smi2le.biz <--- for extra OO capsules.. cheaper than 1fast400

That's where I get all my stuff. I can usually pack in around 600-700mg of powder to a OO capsule and it takes me about 15 minutes (w/o the tamping tool) to finish 50 caps.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 12:21 AM

scale review

#4 zencatholic

• Topic Starter
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 01:35 AM

fieyaa-

Thanks for the info. I thought I read on Rizzer's site that he was soon getting a "better" capping machine.

Anyone remember anything about that?

adam-

Excellent link. Based on the reviews, I think I'm going to buy a Durascale 50. I want that .01 gram accuracy. Thanks!

Peace be with you all,
AMDG

Zen Catholic

#5 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 03:36 AM

fieyaa-

Thanks for the info.  I thought I read on Rizzer's site that he was soon getting a "better" capping machine.

Anyone remember anything about that?

adam-

Excellent link.  Based on the reviews, I think I'm going to buy a Durascale 50.  I want that .01 gram accuracy.  Thanks!

Peace be with you all,
AMDG

Zen Catholic

Personally, I like capping myself. That way I can make small adjustments.

I do not see the need for anything more than the 120 Z. It only costs 25 bucks! I like it a lot; it is durable and very accurate and you can calibrate it with a 100 gram weight. I do not think it is worth it to spend too much on a scale that accurate when it is unnecessary. However, we are talking about your money... [tung]

Oh, edit: I just read a bit about the durascale 50. It looks good and costs about $70 USD. Not too expensive for that kind of accuracy! Obviously you are a supplement enthusiast like myself...I like that; you are cool in my book zen catholic!
Posted Image
Take care, Adam

#6 zencatholic

• Topic Starter
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 06:01 AM

You too, adam. It's good to talk supplements with like-minded people. Cheers friend! [thumb]

For what it's worth, I also noticed that BAC now has high potency resveratrol for little more than its "regular" resveratrol. Looks like I'll be placing an order with BAC soon.

Now if BAC can just get the price of its benfotiamine down, or if Rizzer can come through.......

Next supplement on this price reduction bandwagon after benfotiamine should be hydergine.

Kudos to BAC. Come on Rizzer!

Peace
AMDG

Zen Catholic

#7 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 06:11 AM

Next supplement on this price reduction bandwagon after benfotiamine should be hydergine.

Zen Catholic

I don't think Riz can sell hydergine legally, unfortunately...

or nicergline

[thumb]

#8 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 01:58 PM

You too]

For what it's worth, I also noticed that BAC now has high potency resveratrol for little more than its "regular" resveratrol. 
Zen Catholic

I am looking into this molecule right now:

Posted Image

Interesting... :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 ryan1113

• 66 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 12:33 AM

There's some debate regarding whether or not conventional resveratrol supplements have any biological activity due to oxidation in the bottle and conjugation in the liver. Dr. Sinclair of Harvard tested various resveratrol supplements and found that none of them have significant biological activity except longevinex.

AFAIK, the Longevinex resveratrol is the only resveratrol supplement protected from oxidation. It is also combined with quercetin to inhibit the conjugation. I doubt that the amount of quercetin it's packed with is enough, though. So I take 500mg quercetin every twelve hours, and take an expensive longevinex pill once daily with the quercetin.

See:

http://www.cbn.com/C...ews/040106a.asp
http://www.longevinex.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users