81 replies to this topic

#1 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 05:21 PM

Anyone?

#2 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, it's awesome-- I buy it by the kilo. It gives me this kind of peaceful energy incomparable to anything else. Also, a slight increase in libido but at a healthy age 20 it's really hard to increase this much.

I like to make smoothies with blueberries, whey, maca, etc. Or, I mix it with some honey and add hot water-- tastes almost like hot chocolate.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 stellar

• Topic Starter
  • 366 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:38 PM

Thanks for the reply. Have you tried other adaptogens like Rhodiola Rosea or Ashwagandha? If so, how do they compare to Maca?

Thanks! [thumb]

#4 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. Have you tried other adaptogens like Rhodiola Rosea or Ashwagandha? If so, how do they compare to Maca?

Thanks! [thumb]

Yeah, I've tried them both. Rhodiola is sort of hard to explain because the effects are very subtle and the dosages are much smaller (at least for me) than maca. It gives me a feeling of well-being and an increase in energy comparable to maca but more mental. It seemed like the Ashwaganda made me effortlessly put on muscle. I usually take it at bedtime as it makes me sleepy.

BTW, I buy both from:
http://therootofthematter.ca/

#5 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 02:00 AM

I just ordered some Maca from the site you posted Dante and I'll report back after taking a nice attack dose.

#6 Pablo M

• 636 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:56 PM

I just ordered some Maca from the site you posted Dante and I'll report back after taking a nice attack dose.

Heh heh... you won't be disappointed lynx. Ken Johnson is a really nice guy, I go to his house to pick up the stuff as he lives here in Victoria. His living room is CRAMMED with maca.

#7 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:40 PM

I hope so, I am awaiting its arrival anxiously.

#8 jegrx

• 55 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:02 PM

What happened with everyone's test of Maca?

Would Maca be a good addition to a nootropic stack to improve virility and libido? I am on an SSRI, which is giving me horrendous sexual side effects. I've had issues with lethargy and libido prior to the SSRI as well. Would this be a good addition?

Does it react (positively or negatively) with any specific drugs or supps/nootropics?

#9 Shepard

• Member, Director, Moderator
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:43 PM

I took high doses of maca back a while ago with my last girlfriend. The experience is definately interesting. I didn't notice anything outside of the sexual effects.

#10 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:04 PM

i was taking capsules but never noticed any sexual effects...or any other effects...maybe the dose was just too small

#11 jegrx

• 55 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:41 AM

What do you mean by interesting, shepard?
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#12 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:51 AM

I guess that depends on the attitude/personality of your sexual partner.

In my experience, it prolongs sex due to a mild numbing sensation (think like 3-4 beers), it increased libido, decreased refraction time, and increased semen volume. It made me feel like a man.

I was taking around 5 grams a day, split into two doses.

#13 hallucinogen

• 359 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:04 AM

OOoh , Maca! Thanx for letting me remember that I still have a lot of it:P Ya, I tried it , it's very good, does what it says:p... Speaking of which, gonna try a slightly increased dose right now and we'll see what happens...I used to take only about 1.5-2g before, it tastes good. Also Try Avena Sativa, and GABA (This stuff is intense:O Hit me so hard the first time, almost made me black out! But then I realized that it could be the synergistic effect of piracetam and choline...)

#14 jegrx

• 55 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:11 AM

Is using the real root or caps best?

#15 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:27 PM

Depends on your personal preference. The powdered root is going to be cheaper if you are taking high doses. Possibly more effective, also.

#16 solidsnake

• 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:28 AM

dantecubit- do you get the gelatinized maca or the straight root? Which do you recommend? On the site, he says the gelantized makes you more mellow while the root makes you more lustful. Is that just marketing BS or is there truth to that?

thanks

#17 hallucinogen

• 359 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:45 AM

I eat Maca for Breakfast! And then go hammer nails through the wood, Like Chuck Norris, if you know what I mean ;)

#18 hmaxim

• 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:03 PM

You need to use it in powder form, and take at least 3 or 4 heaping tablespoons each day. You can not get that kind of dose in a capsule, unless you like swallowing handfulls of pills all day. It blends with most smoothie recipes very nicely. If you take the proper quantity and it is from a reputable supplier, you will definetly get results. Increased ejaculation, energy, elevated mood..all good stuff.

#19 hmaxim

• 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:05 PM

You need to use it in powder form, and take at least 3 or 4 heaping tablespoons each day. You can not get that kind of dose in a capsule, unless you like swallowing handfulls of pills all day. It blends with most smoothie recipes very nicely. If you take the proper quantity and it is from a reputable supplier, you will definetly get results. Increased ejaculation, energy, elevated mood..all good stuff.

#20 hmaxim

• 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:06 PM

sorry for the double post. The Maca makes me hit things twice..lol
  • like x 1

#21 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:46 PM

sorry for the double post.  The Maca makes me hit things twice..lol

Classic!! [lol] So would it be safe so say that Lepidium meyenii (I assume that is what we are dealing with) acts mainly as an aphrodisiac?

#22 hmaxim

• 17 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 04:44 PM

It seems so. But it also increases the entire experience. Volume of ejaculant, staying power..that kind of thing. Also great for general energy and a sense of well being.

#23 mewild

• 12 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:16 PM

here is a good read: http://health.discov...ibido/maca.html

#24 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:18 PM

Chuck norris can slam a revolving door

#25 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:44 PM

Does someone recommand it for something else than sexual performance? For energy, how it compare to chocamine or caffeine?
  • like x 1

#26 Shepard

• 6,360 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:41 PM

For energy, how it compare to chocamine or caffeine?

Not even close, IME.

#27 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:22 PM

I just gave Ken Johnson a little business. A girlfriend of mine and I want to try this stuff out. It is great that it has a good or neutral taste, and that it doesn't inactivate when baked. Many people I know will not take a pill, but will knowingly eat a spiked course. Many of my friends would jump at me cooking for them, which makes it all the easier for everyone to enjoy. Hmmm, maybe a couples dinner party?

Haha, this reminded me of a friend that ate a leftover casserole of mine with baked in kava kava. She should have asked first!

#28 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:54 AM

MMMmmm, tastes like white chocolate but a bit more bitter and nutty. This would go great with almond, cinnamon, vanilla, chocolate, oat meal, fruit, etc. If I were to cook it into a desert, I would incorporate it into a cappuccino creme brulee or bavarois. The problem? This stuff is grainy. I wonder how well it would work if it was steeped and put through cheesecloth.

Anyway. After taking a tablespoon on an empty stomach, the mood effects are a bit stronger than with the initial dose of rhodiola, but it is less stimulating. It feels a bit like kava kava except that it does stimulate me a bit.

Update: I am loving the drink: Maca, water, beer, cinnamon, orange blossom honey...drink it heated like cider.

The day after i took it, I noticed more resistance to fatigue.

Edited by cnorwood19, 10 November 2006 - 09:00 PM.

#29 tracer

• 150 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 12:55 PM

would you guys say that this increases or decreases cognition? the 3-4 beers thing has me worried!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:09 PM

Im gonna get me some of this shit. IT tastes good AND does all that? I wonder if I could bake it into a chocolate cake. Does its active ingredient(s) survive heat?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users