• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

International Conference on Healthy Aging & Longev

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:30 PM

The International Research Center for Healthy Ageing and Longevity will be having a conference Friday, October 13 through Sunday, October 15, 2006 at the Melbourne Convention Centre, VIC, Australia. The official name for the conference is "The 3rd International Conference on Healthy Ageing & Longevity".

Early (cheaper) registration appears to be going through August 31st for anyone interested. Here is a direct link to the registration form. (also can get to it from the home page link provided in the first sentence of this)

#2 sjayo

• 69 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:42 PM

I am really looking forward to attending this conference.

By way of advance notice, you can expect to hear from me in the next week or so about an event that is going to take place in D.C. in early September on an effort to pursue the goals set out in our paper on the Longevity Dividend.

S. Jay Olshansky

#3 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:16 PM

I am really looking forward to attending this conference. 

By way of advance notice, you can expect to hear from me in the next week or so about an event that is going to take place in D.C. in early September on an effort to pursue the goals set out in our paper on the Longevity Dividend.

S. Jay Olshansky

Nice! [thumb] I am sure a lot of us will be looking forward to the D.C. event update.

Here is a pic (from the above link) with you, Dr. Olshansky, from last years conference:
Posted Image

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 sjayo

• 69 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:49 PM

Dear fellow scientists and public health advocates:
In March of this year we published an article in The Scientist entitled “In Pursuit of the Longevity Dividend” (attached) in which we contend that the time has arrived for governments and national health care organizations to invest in the extension of healthy life by recognizing that one of the most efficient ways to do so would be to aggressively pursue the means to slow aging in humans. We suggest that even a relatively small deceleration in the rate of aging would yield the equivalent of simultaneous major breakthroughs involving every major fatal and non-fatal disease and disorder associated with aging. As a way to follow through with our recommendation, we are planning an event on Capitol Hill on September 12, 2006. At this event there will be U.S. Senators from both sides of the isle, Nobel Laureates, representatives of national and international health organizations, and scientists – all of whom will be advocating an investment in the pursuit of the Longevity Dividend. We would like the attached 2-page document [ LongevityDividend.doc ] to represent a summary of our collective enthusiasm and support for this effort – a document we anticipate will be endorsed by a large number of scientists, health advocates, public health experts, and anyone else interested in seeing an increased effort to pursue the extension of healthy life. This document will be handed to representatives of Congress as evidence of our commitment and support. We would like to you consider placing your name on this document [all of the names will appear in alphabetical order]. Should you decide you are willing to lend your name to this, please send an e-mail with your name as you would like it to appear, your degree(s), and affiliation to S. Jay Olshansky sjayo@uic.edu with Longevity Dividend in the subject heading. In most cases a simple reply to this e-mail would suffice. A copy of the final document will be sent to everyone just before the September 12 event. I would encourage you to disseminate these articles far and wide – we see this as an international effort.

With Best Wishes,
S. Jay Olshansky
Daniel Perry
Richard Miller
Robert Butler

I have two attachments but I don't know how to attach them. If anyone wants a copy of the articles you're free to disseminate them at will.

#5 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 01:52 AM

I live 5-10 minutes from the conference and didn't even know about it. SHIT SHIT! I've been so busy

I better some of my data together

#6 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:36 AM

I live 5-10 minutes from the conference and didn't even know about it. SHIT SHIT!

What you talkin' 'bout? Nothing is lost!

Friday, October 13 through Sunday, October 15, 2006

#7 Live Forever

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:14 PM

He is just hopped up on the goofy pills. [tung]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users