• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Conceptual problem with inflation theory

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 06:13 AM

Those of you who are familiar with Inflation Theory know that essentially it states that at some point in the past, shortly after the big bang, the universe was supposed to have gone through a time of ultra fast expansion where all the dimensions of space got stretched out. Different regions could have accelerated away from each other at greater than the speed of light due to the space between them expanding at this enormous rate.

My problem with this theory is this. Why did this not affect time? Time is a dimension very much like space. If time also went through this period of ultra expansion then it really wasn't a period of ultra fast expansion at all as the rate of anything is defined by the time it takes it to occur.

What in the inflanitory models exclude time?
[huh]

#2 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 02:15 PM

Well, and how do you know it didn't affect time?
I have something that bothers me more- how can everything be endless? I mean how can there be no end? if there is- what's beyond the end? how can there be an end? it is impossible to have an end, and it is impossible to not have one. the impossibility of it kind of makes it almost for sure we will find it out later... "...the impossible shall be done tomorrow...", if it is impossible to know it- we shall figure out, the problem is, how can we figure out what known to us an impossible?- - same way, need only a little brainwork and luck heh.
Maybe there is an ultimate endless end, mean- maybe, after the whole universe and over, it all seem to be a simple electron in the same universe, and that universe is only a simple electron in another universe which is also the exact one as this and so on... If it is true- it means you are already existing more than once in the well (there is no word here, I mean in what called everything- because it can bot be called "universe"- this is what including all the universes, all the endless universes which might be the same). Which means, there cannot be more than one awarness to each one- I mean, the fact that there are already infinity numerous of what is called us.
Maybe every universe in the universe is in a different time- maybe all the electrons (I took electrons just because it is element known to us- in my opinion- it is possible to partition it forever- it is not a zero...) anyway, all the elements over that univers are a whole same universes in the same time, and all the universes in that time universes are in a different time which is the same time, and so on...
Maybe, than- we can know the future by finding a way to get inside this elements, which mean thrust to the future or past- being extremely super microscopic small...
But all that means something I don't believe in- that means the deterministic theroy is true, everything already happend and happening, and din't happen- deppends on where are you (cool, if we can get inside the universe in that universe- we shall get or got someone from the universe that our universe is in- - and so the opposite). In the other side- the deterministic isn't true- bacause of the first universe did made it's own choises, and all the other had no choise but do the same, but since there is no first one, as there is no begining of time- it is true but cannot be proved- an axiom.
If we will be able to go back to the past in that way- someone probably came from the future, can he come back? I mean- the technology over that time isn't able to do it...
Cool, the apposibility to run away forever, to hide anywhere- not only in the endless universe, but in the other side of time- make it all different, everyone with his own universe, own choises, free space, find more of ourselves, total complication, sophistication, all we need except that is totaly immortality- and there is place for everyone, anywhere, anytime, no worries.....
And I have totaly lost myself, I am sure you lost me long ago too....
Well, someday we all shall know what I meant... ;)
There is much more I can say, but I am doubt you will even try and think of it.
Sorry for complicating.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

Edited by infernity, 08 February 2005 - 09:09 PM.

• Lurker

Posted 09 February 2005 - 12:39 AM

elrond, the physical expansion of the universe is not limited to the speed of light (or so I've heard). I'm not sure what the effects would be on the time dimension though.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 eternaltraveler

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 05:49 AM

My point about inflation theory is if it did in fact affect time then it would basically be canceled out.

• Lurker

Posted 09 February 2005 - 06:48 AM

I understand where you're coming from then, but I can't enlighten you any further on this subject.

Again I would defer to bg_wowk who is a physicist, although this is hardly his specialty.

#6 eternaltraveler

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:46 AM

i believe I've worked this one out on my own.

Simply, there is no reason that an expansion of space and time at the same rate would at all relate to time as we measure it.

I was comparing apples to oranges.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users