• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

ImmInst Constitution Vote (Dec 10-25)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Should ImmInst Adopt the Constitution? [VOTES CAN NOT BE CHANGED] (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Should ImmInst Adopt the Constitution? [VOTES CAN NOT BE CHANGED]

1. Yes - adopt the Constitution (23 votes [95.83%])

Percentage of vote: 95.83%

2. No - do not adopt the Constitution (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Abstain - without objections (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Abstain - with objections below (1 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 10:48 PM

Should ImmInst adopt the Constitution?

Posted Image

All ImmInst members (Basic & Full) have an opportunity to vote on the current version of the ImmInst Constitution.

Voting starts Dec 10 and ends Dec 25, 2003. ImmInst Leadership will make the final deliberation. The Constitution may go into effect on Dec 30, 2003.

View the ImmInst Constitution
http://imminst.org/a...onstitution.php

#2 rgvandewalker

• 32 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 01:42 AM

I would prefer that the voting use the Australian system, in which people rank the choices, and the computer does automatic runoffs. This system gives people incentives to vote for good situations, rather than simply against bad ones.

Also, I think the duration of the Institute should be until its mission is accomplished, as determined by a referendum.

I understand that this may seem like nit-picking, and it is, but if the organization gets at all large, these will eventually be very important.

#3 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 02:15 AM

All ImmInst members (Basic & Full)

Pity, that this had to turn into a farce. [angry]

Oh, does that mean I get a vote in the American presidential elections next time round?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 reason

• Guardian Reason
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 04:21 AM

Read, vote yes and get it out of the way. When you're a legitimate organization in the (ossified) eyes of the law, there are certain ways things have to be done.

Reason
Founder, Longevity Meme
reason@longevitymeme.org
http://www.longevitymeme.org

#5 Bruce Klein

• Topic Starter
  • Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 05:12 AM

The Constitution has taken quite some time to bring to fruition, but I think it has been worth it.
The document has been revised a number of times by many talented individuals. I'll try to list a few here, (let me know if I've forgotten you):

Thanks to Caliban, Reason, Lazarus Long, thefirstimmortal, Mind, Michael Anissimov, Kevin Perrott, Chestnut, (breath) Chubtoad, Jace Tropic and others for your help.

#6 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 11:23 PM

I confess, that I do not entirely approve of this Constitution at present, but despite these sentiments, I agree to this Constitution, with all its faults-if they be such, because I doubt whether any other Convention we can obtain, may be able to make a better constitution because when you assemble a number of men, to have the advantage of their joint wisdom, you inevitably assemble with those men all their prejudices, their passions, their errors of opinion, their personal interests, and their selfish views. From such an assembly can a perfect production be expected? It there­fore astonishes me to find this Constitution approaching so near to perfection as it has.

I consent to this Constitution, because I expect no better, and because I am not sure that it is not the best. I vote YES

#7 yose

• 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2003 - 10:46 PM

I vote YES for the Constitution. I vote YES for the Immmortality Institute. I vote YES for Immortality:-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users