• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Mr. Sperling will answer our interview questions!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 lightowl

• Guest, F@H
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:54 PM

Sorry, I missed that the message was delivered.

Great Work Martin. I am looking forward to seeing the answers :)

#32 Martin

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:45 PM

I noticed you did not include the URL to http://www.methuselahfoundation.org.

Oooh yes, you are right - I forgot it. Maybe I can add that, if Mr. Sperling asks me for more information. If not, I will include that in the interview questions next year.
CU
Martin

#33 lightowl

• Guest, F@H
  • 767 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 10:49 PM

No problem. I am certain he will figure it out if he is interested. This guy is smarter than most :)

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 randolfe

• 439 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 10:08 PM

Well, I certainly regret "missing out" on this one.

I'd like to ask Sperling why he put up so much money to have his dog "Missy" cloned and why he finally gave up after "Missy" died?

I'd also like to know why the Missy Project was so adamantly against human reproductive cloning.

Besides cryonics, why doesn't Sperling want to have his cells saved and himself cloned at some time in the future? Doesn't he consider himself a special, unique and gifted person?

A good interviewer doesn't always cater to the person interviewed, unless he/she is a wimp like Larry King. I suspect tough pragmatic questions put to Sperling might really challenge him.

I know Brian Alexander very well. I could have given him a call and gotten his feel regarding these things.

Some questions should have been put to Sperling about his feelings regarding the meddling in science and medicine that the Religious Right has been doing. I'll bet he has some passionate feelings about that and might have some good advice to give to those still fighting in that arena.

#35 Martin

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:32 AM

Hello everybody,

unfortunately I have to inform you, that Mr. Sperling has changed his mind and decided not to answer the interview questions. He seems to have no intention to fund any research outside the Kronos Longevity Research Center. Below you will find a copy of Mrs. Turner´s e-mail.
I am sorry for creating false hopes!

Bye
Martin

Datum: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:06:58 -0700 (PDT)
Von:
An:
Betreff: Re:

Tell your contacts that when it became clear that the main thrust of the questions was to inquire about funding, Sperling decided to direct you to the website of the Kronos Longevity Research Center instead. All of his longevity research is conducted through that entity. Anything that people want to know can be found at www.kronosinstitute.org. The Institute does not disburse research monies but designs and coordinates studies itself.

A number of the researchers mentioned in your questions are involved with the Institute and/or have presented at its events. You will find most of the answers to your questions on that website.

Suzanne

#36 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,070 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 02:34 PM

Well, good try anyway. At least we can look at what Kronos is doing. Maybe we can help them network with other researchers as we go forward.

#37 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 03:06 PM

No problem, Martin.

We actually learned quite a bit.

#38 kevin

• Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 03:46 PM

the effort was not wasted Martin... if he was intrigued enough to allow an interview in the first place it shows the impact that ImmInst has on individuals..

#39 Martin

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 05:52 PM

Thank you very much for your nice comments!
CU
Martin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users