• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Youtube.com

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mrfesta

• 155 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:21 AM

I know there is already a thread for Google Video but I think youtube deserves one as well because each have their own unique features and drawbacks. For example, youtube has a 100MB limit so some content cannot be uploaded.

Credit goes to Liveforever22 for uploading the following thus far:

60 Minutes Interview with Aubrey de Grey:

CBS Canada Now Interview with Aubrey: http://www.youtube.com/?v=guo5LmkOu6o

If anyone has any life extension related video's they would like to upload (under 100MB) please contact Liveforever22 so he can upload them under one username. I think it would be best to have them under 1 name because there is the option to "view more from this user". BUT if it's your own video or you have permission to upload feel free to upload it yourself as well. The more positive videos up the better [thumb]

#2 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:42 PM

I will upload a few more when I get back to my computer at home (travelling for business at the moment) where I have them stored.

:)

#3 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:44 AM

Well, they deleted the 60 Minutes Youtube video due to "Copyright Infringement", which was not totally unexpected because Google Videos would not post it for the same reason. At least it was up for about a month before that, hopefully lots of people saw it in that time period.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 reason

• Guardian Reason
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:51 AM

It's a good idea not to put in the name of the source when describing the video. Takedowns are generated on keyword searches by content owners, as a general rule. In the haystack of content, they're much less likely to find the offending piece if it isn't labelled with the content owner's name, but rather described by the content.

#5 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:54 AM

It's a good idea not to put in the name of the source when describing the video. Takedowns are generated on keyword searches by content owners, as a general rule. In the haystack of content, they're much less likely to find the offending piece if it isn't labelled with the content owner's name, but rather described by the content.

Thanks for the tip! I will keep that in mind for the future.

#6 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 06:17 PM

I tried re-uploading the 60 Minutes segment to Youtube under another name, but they caught it and wouldn't post it.

The video is available for download at this website (both .wmv and .mp4 formats), although they don't seem to give it a very good review.

Edited by liveforever22, 23 April 2006 - 09:44 PM.

#7 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 03:53 PM

Just a heads up, YouTube doesn't allow video clips of more than 10 minutes anymore on all new submissions, as I discovered when attempting to upload Aubrey's TED 2006 vid.

#8 rahein

• 226 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 06:15 PM

The MPAA is trying to stop the internet from becoming a replacement for traditional TV and video. The reason they put the 10 minute cap was because the MPAA did a study and found like 75% (just guessing can’t find link) of videos 10 min and longer are copy written material. So they told youtube to make that the cut off point or they would sue them. This has effectively stopped anyone wanting to create open content for the internet that is longer then 10 min from getting any attention.

We need to stop big business and big content from putting the breaks on what they see as disruptive technology.

#9 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:54 PM

Today I saw this story over on CNN:
"YouTube Sees User Rebellion"

On the dissatisfaction of YouTube users with the recent changes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users