Photo
- - - - -

Largest dose of *racetam you ever took

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jackinbox

• 452 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:02 PM

What's the largest single dose of any *racetam you ever took? What has been the effect?

#2 cellfighter

• 97 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:11 PM

45 Grams of Piracetam over a 12 hour period. Effect: Nice.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jackinbox

• Topic Starter
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:50 PM

45 Grams of Piracetam over a 12 hour period. Effect: Nice.

How do you define "nice"?

#4 meatwad

• 196 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:27 AM

I've been taking a tiny dose of aniracetam + vinpocetine + piracetam q4hours while studying.

I kind of have a feeling a tiny dose is > than a large dose.

#5 gatty

• 8 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:04 AM

yeah define 'nice'

i recieved my piracetam, first time user - opened bottled and had 10G (10x caps) and noticed NOTHING

my use is now 2G par day, aboutt o drop to 1G as the bottle says - been using for a week and have noticed ZERO effects

#6 kevink

• 184 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 01:56 PM

i recieved my piracetam, first time user - opened bottled and had 10G (10x caps) and noticed NOTHING

my use is now 2G par day, aboutt o drop to 1G as the bottle says - been using for a week and have noticed ZERO effects

1. Did you get it from a quality supplier?
2. Do you take AGP or CDP so you have enough choline in your system?
3. How do you measure "nothing".

I don't use racetams anymore, but I know taking them had a very clear impact on my body and senses. And it wasn't possibly to be placebo because the impact I was looking for, I didn't get "cleanly". "Clean" meaning I probably experienced what jackinbox summed up as "nice"...I would experience long phases of "trippiness" like mild drug use - could get lost in music to the point that even TV commercial songs were fascinating; would zone out immersed in some thought and that thought or idea was felt very deeply, but almost impossible to switch away from the thought to do something like use that idea to run a company.

It's hard to explain.

When I have some down time, I’ll probably try again with modest dosage since I have several RI branded PIR and ANI bottles on the shelf.

#7 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 05:21 PM

kevink wrote:

"I don't use racetams anymore, but I know taking them had a very clear impact on my body and senses. And it wasn't possibly to be placebo because the impact I was looking for, I didn't get "cleanly". "Clean" meaning I probably experienced what jackinbox summed up as "nice"...I would experience long phases of "trippiness" like mild drug use - could get lost in music to the point that even TV commercial songs were fascinating; would zone out immersed in some thought and that thought or idea was felt very deeply, but almost impossible to switch away from the thought to do something like use that idea to run a company."

Yeah, I had a very similar experience the first few months with piracetam. Along with that, I got a racing mind and a constant influx of thoughts and ideas. The stoned feeling seemed to fade out with time though it never really went away, just faded out or became normal so I didn't notice it. Some people say they do not get effects and I feel sorry for them. It's done a lot for many others.

#8 gatty

• 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 01:24 AM

i have not taken any other suppliments in conjuction with nor before the piracetam

Nothing I mean - NO effects whatsoever

The product came from nootrician.com - not sure how they are quality wise?

#9 cellfighter

• 97 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 03:02 AM

http://dictionary.re...com/browse/nice

2. amiably pleasant

#10 mbrutis

• 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:08 PM

yeah define 'nice'

Funny you went from 10g to 2g and noticed nothing, I was just reading some Piracetam research this morning and those were two of the three numbers used in describing it's "U-shaped dose-response curve". A few of the studies using EEG observation noted that optimal effects hit at 4.8 grams, with 2.4 and 9.6 grams being the other ends of the "U".

Global EEG state measured in 12 young healthy volunteers with 2.4, 4.8, 9.6g piracetam and placebo. 1-1.5 hrs after ingestion, EEG complexity decrease was exhibited in the 2.4g group and global complexity returned to placebo values at 9.6g piracetam. The decreased EEG complexity is interpreted as an "increased cooperativity of brain functional processes" and the return to placebo EEG state at high doses illustrates piracetam's U-shaped dose-response curve.
Kondakor I, Michel CM, Wackermann J, Koenig T, Tanaka H, Peuvot J, Lehmann D. Single-dose piracetam effects on global complexity measures of human spontaneous multichannel EEG. Int J Psychophysiol. 1999 Oct;34(1):81-7.

i have not taken any other suppliments in conjuction with nor before the piracetam

Nothing I mean - NO effects whatsoever

The product came from nootrician.com - not sure how they are quality wise?

I started with Piracetam and ALCAR toghether because I didn't have a choline source handy, and was slightly disappointed. Then my Alpha-GPC (the most bioavailable form of choline) order came in, I replaced the ALCAR with the Alpha, and the Piracetam was totally different.

By the way, I'm new here. Hi everybody, this is an excellent site, wealth of info here! [thumb]

#11 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 06:43 PM

50 kilos

#12 jackinbox

• Topic Starter
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:37 AM

http://dictionary.re...com/browse/nice

2. amiably pleasant

Were you energic? Happy? Frenetic? Calm? Focused? Talkative? Introspective?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 Guest_aidanpryde_*

• Lurker

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:38 PM

Global EEG state measured in 12 young healthy volunteers with 2.4, 4.8, 9.6g piracetam and placebo. 1-1.5 hrs after ingestion, EEG complexity decrease was exhibited in the 2.4g group and global complexity returned to placebo values at 9.6g piracetam. The decreased EEG complexity is interpreted as an "increased cooperativity of brain functional processes" and the return to placebo EEG state at high doses illustrates piracetam's U-shaped dose-response curve.
Kondakor I, Michel CM, Wackermann J, Koenig T, Tanaka H, Peuvot J, Lehmann D. Single-dose piracetam effects on global complexity measures of human spontaneous multichannel EEG. Int J Psychophysiol. 1999 Oct;34(1):81-7.

Interesting, this study and also the U-shaped dose-response-curve are referring to a single dose of piracetam at 4,8g as the most effective, not 4,8g divided into 2-3 single doses daily. The half life of piracetam is not to short (about 5h), to make this issue so important or what do you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users