- - - - -

picamilon or deprenyl for social anxiety

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 mrak1979

• 232 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:21 PM

Hi,
I've read that picamilon or deprenyl maybe a good remedy for social anxiety. Anyone have any insight into this? Also, I've heard that picamilon has a mild mao-a inhibitory characteristic. Should I be worried about the tyramine/cheese effect with picamilon? Any help is appreciated.

thanks

#2 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:16 PM

Hello, I use Selegiline Hydrocloride 5mg , I get that "cheese" effect,when I over do it , my suggestion use it 2 or 3 dosis (pills or caplets) a week, I be had better effects for anxiety and depression with Indium sulfate, ( been using it for 3 years), it also enhances the effects of everything that you take along with it (Indium), sinergistic quality to it. The stuff I get last me a month and the effects are cumulative, depending on your age, weigth and state of health, the effects are felt with in 2-3 days and reach peak with in 2-3 weeks, when used by itself. with other chemicals, it will enhance the effects of the other quemicals that you may use.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 superpooper

• 190 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:40 AM

I'd recommend the combination fish oil and ashwagandha for social anxiety. It worked for me. Theanine might have a little benefit.

#4 jegrx

• 55 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:00 PM

The only two things I've found, legally, that help with social anxiety are phenibut and clonazepam (I have a prescription for this though). Selegiline, although gave a pretty good mood boost, didn't help my social anxiety at all, nor fish oil and ashwagandha. I haven't tried picamilon.

#5 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:52 PM

I like theanine as a more healthful gaba boosting alternative to phenibut without the tolerance worries. If I were you, I would try theanine first in a relatively strong dosage (maybe 300-500mg) to see if its going to have the impact you are looking for, then see how much I could reduce it and still maintain the effect.

#6 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:27 AM

I can't see any theoretical reason for selegiline/deprenyl to reduce social anxiety. On the contrary, it might increase it. My suggestion is to keep the dose low (I take 2.5 mg/day in tablet form with no anxiety problems), if you plan to take it. There are several excellent suggestions previous to my post, such as added fish oil (EPA in particular, but don't neglect DHA completely). For your goal specifically, I would suggest about 1-1.5 gram of EPA per day, and between 300-500 mg DHA. If such particulars are beyond your desire to micromanage, be satisfied with about 1-1.5 grams per day of EPA, and a similar amount of DHA.

#7 superpooper

• 190 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:23 AM

I started out with a cheap brand of fish oil. I'm not sure it did anything at all. You really need to go with a higher quality brand and get fish oil that his elevated EPA (like the person above mentioned).

I bought some molecularly distilled fish oil that has 400 mg of EPA and 200 mg of DHA. After taking this for about 1-2 months, I finally cured my social aniety.

Ashwagandha is great for GABA mimicing activity: http://www.ncbi.nlm....l=pubmed_docsum

#8 mrak1979

• Topic Starter
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 08:24 AM

With picamilon supplementation, should I avoid tyramine-rich foods? Reason being that picamilon is a weak maoi.

#9 wannafulfill

• 275 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:39 PM

I agree with everything johnmk said. Deprenyl is not a treatment for anxiety.

#10 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:38 PM

I still insist that Indium Sulfate is a better option since it blocks the Amigdala, therefore there is no anxiety, not even under extreme stressfull situations, doesn't change your awareness of pressing situations, or your sense of urgency, but is like you see them through a window panel . Lithium has a similar effect, but not as pronounced as Indium. And it doesn't counteracts with other nootropics, but it does enhace the effects of them.
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#11 mrak1979

• Topic Starter
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:58 AM

whoa... blocks the amydala? can you provide some references stating that? Very interested in indium sulfate now.

thanks guys

#12 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:38 PM

Hi mrak1979, I did lots of research on In (3years), i have no idea where most of my documentation is stored at, (couple of crates) check US Patents #6007847, George Bonadio, also look for ithyroid .com and follow some of Dr. Schroeder work on trace minerals , Im using In So4 for 3years, increases oxigen intake at blood level, regulates hormones, is a chemical transporter, regulates apetite, mood swings , increases absortion of minerals, vitams and compounds, reduces the size of tumors, influence on thyroid, chemical dependency (tried w maphm users) extreme mental awareness, I even mix with DMSO...

#13 mrak1979

• Topic Starter
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:46 AM

I'm specifically interested in the blocking of the amygdala since that is what conrols fear and anxiety... you wouldn't happen to remember where I can find info on this phenomenon? And where do you get your indium and what's the dosage?

#14 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 04:38 PM

Yes, you are quite rigth, it is one of the effects of Indium that I was glad to attain, look for the research and publications by Dr. Morton Walker, specifically the effects of trace minerals and hormones. Regards dosage I have tried very much most of the brands on the e-market, by far the best was Indium-xl, except for the price. There is no specifics on dosage, it depends on weigth, age and afflictions that you may be suffering of, (a tumor will absob more indium that regular tissue) a 20 year old will not feel as varied effects as a 40 year old (nutrition issues??) I can share my experience with it, should we start a new topic ????

#15 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:02 PM

On regards to the blocking effect on the amygdala, the problems or situations are still there but you have emotional detachment, therefore the reasoning is pure and not subject to the emotion of the situation at hand, anybody that has to take quick decisions on an ambient that is under pressure, physical endangerment or extreme stress would benefit from Inso4 (firefigthers, military, police... ) You also have to be aware of its chemical transporting and enhancing effects when you are taking it with other elements. I supply myself from Healty Attitudes, fast service, price is competitive, Uncond $ back on Indium, my dosage is 2 to 6 drops a day alternated, other brands claim on the amount been lower, but the effects take longer and you end up buying more . Indium is not cheap, i have been trying to get some from China but rigth now I am sticking to this guys. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you wish

#16 eclypz

• 18 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:17 PM

simple, can you point me to the resources you used to learn about indium's effect on the amygdala and fear?

I can't seem to find anything regarding this..

How long did it take to notice this lack of fear?

#17 mrak1979

• Topic Starter
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:33 PM

Sounds like powerful stuff... something I can definitely use. Is it proven safe? any precautions I should take? And what did you mean by alternated dosage? Maybe we should start a new topic.

#18 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:51 PM

Hello ECLIPZ, sorry I am new in this, I did a lot of research due to work related situation with a scientist from Scripps Institute in San Diego California, he was the one that originally turned me in to Indium and supplements, the original studies were done by Henry Schroeder in the efects of rare minerals, other studies that you can refer to are the effects of trace minerals on hormone production by Dr. Morton Walker.

Please let me be clear the lack of/or diminishing anxiety starts quite fast, depending on the amount of Indium that you take, too much causes an unique type of head pressure, (not painfull, just a pressure). You will notiuce under a regular dosage that you become quite calm, and not too many things can exasperate you, under extreme conditions, lets say a car accident, most everybody reacts quite in shok, unable to react, think , shaky body or limbs, with Ins04, your reaction is smooth the accident per se, does not affect you at an emotional level, but you do what you have to under the circunstances (help people), on the other hand I can induce myself under a relax mode to be emotional, ( enjoy a good horror movie ), nothing seems to affect you and you have a way to see day to day situations under or behind a glass pane, therefore you actions are coordinated ( you dont run around like a chiken w/out your head)and more so, you can actually observe the behavioral actions of your counterparts, it is weird that at times what use to be normal behavior around you, after Inso4, you begin to "see" how abnormal people actually are or react, you can use it as an analiticall tool (being on Inso4)

So let me state that it is not a lack of fear, but a suppresion of the effects of emotions and its influence on our thinking, becoming extremely (cool) analitical under stress (major stress or day to day).

If you are planning to bungee jump, you are fully aware of the risk, but your mind doesnt gets blocked by the negative? emotions of the situation, yes ?

Depending on the factors (age, weigth, health) and the Inso4 solution that you get and the other chems that you may or may not add to it (indium is a chemical transporter) 3-4 days to 2 weeks, most people with in a weeks time

#19 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:53 PM

MRAK1979 yes I believe that inso4 should be a topic by itself, please start it, (since i dont know how), and I will follow through

#20 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:27 PM

Please let me say that Indium has been on the market since beginings of the century, most of what I can tell you is based on my own experience with it, it is not a "cure it all" for some people just doesn't work, you get the benefit of the increased energy, but they dont see anything else, but I have seen the effects on people with liver cancer (it does not cure cancer, but alleviates the symptoms of it )

Indium is FDA approved, currently used as Indium octreotide 111 (radioactive)isotope, once it gets in your body , it sorrounds tumor tissue and then they get a glow picture of you and your tumors, it reduces tumor size, antiinflamatory prop.

I meant alternated, meaning 2 - 4 drops in the morning and then 2-4 drops evening
take it and then I suspend it a couple of days and start all over again for another 10 days, (it kills my smoking apetite, which is one of the bad things I enjoy), also
it will not harm you unless you drink gallons of the stuff, you may notice strong odors when you urinate, this is caused by the replacement of water on your organism, what ever you use or abuse, you will notice the aromas on the urine

I found it to be very effective on quitting the pharmacodependency on metamphetamine users (cristal), but more research needs to be done on that area, it does eliminate the dependency on most drugs, except cocaine, since coke has a different way to attach to you.

The darkening of the hair on people with gray hair is caused for the increased absorbtion of minerals (iron) wich it gives the color to your hair, it will NOT eliminate gray, but it will diminish its presence considerably

#21 arcticjoe

• 101 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 09:53 AM

Bump on indium, it looks very interesting. Has anybody tried it? Where can you buy it?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#22 beej

• 40 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:19 AM

Or you could buy D-cycloserine

http://www.sciencene...040117/bob9.asp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users