Photo
- - - - -

neurogenesis stack

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 acoli

• 34 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 05:24 AM

how is this for an ultimate neurogenesis stack?

Alpha GPC
hydergine
idebonone
Ashwagandha
nicergoline
huperzine
deprenyl
royal jelly
pregnenolone
lion's mane

#2 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:06 AM

You're leaving out intense cardiovascular exercise, EPA fish oil, and SSRI/SRE anti-depressants. I would start with these (primarily the first two) before introducing yourself to such a complex stack.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 tracer

• 150 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:39 PM

lithium orotate, IGF1, GH, DHEA

#4 benson123

• 48 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 01:01 AM

Can there be such a thing, as too much NGF. In other words, can increasing NGF levels too high be problematic.

#5 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 01:15 AM

Can there be such a thing, as too much NGF. In other words, can increasing NGF levels too high be problematic.

out of my head, was not there some problem with ngf and testicular cancer?

#6 superpooper

• 190 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 04:47 AM

Coffee?

• Lurker

Posted 11 March 2006 - 11:36 PM

In my experience (taken for what it is, a highly subjective anecdotal report), Ashwagandha root powder seems to provide a more restful night's sleep when taken before bed. If taken during the day though, it makes me feel tired.

#8 johnmk

• 429 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:01 AM

I take it before bedtime as well due to this type of anecdotal feedback. I have never taken the substance at a high enough dose during the day or night, however, to be sure of any acute effect.

#9 acoli

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:04 PM

I've added lithium orotate at 20 mg elemental lithium a day for grey matter regeneration. I'm taking out idebonone as I already have enough NGF supplements. Also, Phosphatidylserine/citlone(sp) is good for making NGF more powerful.

#10 Mixter

• 788 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:14 PM

Does anyone have references for lithium orotate on grey matter regeneration?
Anything in that direction would be appreciated.

Also, won't that make you drowsy or something (at least very calm), since
pure lithium in high-dose is used against manic episodes, I would figure that.
If this is not so, lithium may be interesting.

#11 ikaros

• 334 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:10 PM

Hmm I doubt any of the forementioned supplements really BOOST neurogenesis, if any then SSRIs maybe and they only protect against stress-related inhibiton of neurogenesis (tianeptine could be an exception as it can reverse brain damage). Lithium has only proven to protect gray matter of manic-depressives, not healthy individuals. Manic episodes tend to be neurotoxic and lithium prevents the occurence of the ups and downs experienced by bipolar patients.

#12 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:22 PM

Can there be such a thing, as too much NGF.  In other words, can increasing NGF levels too high be problematic.

If you have neurogenic inflammation it might be problematic.

http://jpet.aspetjou...t/302/3/839.pdf

#13 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:28 AM

You are leaving out DHA to your NGF stack.

#14 futureperfect

• 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

(tianeptine could be an exception as it can reverse brain damage).

Do you mind digging up the study for this? I'd be very excited to see it, as I'm seeking neuroregenerative supplements for post-MDMA cognitive deficits.

#15 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:43 PM

Hmm I doubt any of the forementioned supplements really BOOST neurogenesis, if any then SSRIs maybe and they only protect against stress-related inhibiton of neurogenesis (tianeptine could be an exception as it can reverse brain damage). Lithium has only proven to protect gray matter of manic-depressives, not healthy individuals. Manic episodes tend to be neurotoxic and lithium prevents the occurence of the ups and downs experienced by bipolar patients.

Tianeptine reverses brain damage? Are there studies that prove this? I found SSRI's far more effective for stress than tianeptine. Tianeptione increased stress in my case, although it did have some good aspects to it too so it wasn't all bad.

*Haha sorry just saw the above post.. It seems great minds think alike lol

yeah it would be cool to see these (if they do exist)

Oh and I found Lion's Mane also did the same thing in increasing stress. I renamed it 'Lames Mane' shorthly afterwards.

Edited by Thorsten, 04 January 2011 - 12:46 PM.

• dislike x 1

#16 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

I'm going to give tianeptine another try. I will need to buy some more though. I was toying with the idea of doing stablon, agomelatine or a low dose of SSRI (probably fluoxetine). My main focus on this site is to increase my health to the maximum potential it can be. I have recently discovered the impact of diet on this aspect and this continues to be where most of the focus does go for me. However I do see the aid of one of these drugs to be a useful companion (along with my arsenal of supplements - ALA, Coq10, Fish oil, coconut oil, d3, magnesium, cacao, coffee).
One of my freinds from the nutrition forum (vato) linked a very interesting video in the 'ketogenic diet' thread (go look it's really easy to find - it's in the last 3 pages or so) where there is some professor discussing the disastrous effects that stress/depression can have on the brain. After viewing this I decided that I don't particularly want glucocoticoids taking potshots at my brain on a daily basis and it's now my mission more than ever to protect my brain as much as possible.
One of my options originally was to try going into ketosis and staying there (ketones are amazing neuroprotectants, far better than glucose as your source of fuel). After trying this for a week or so I had a mixed experience but I may try it again at some point (I know that when I was in ketosis all was good and stress especially was eliminated). Option number two is forget about being in ketosis (it's not easy) but to still restrict carbohydrates to a certain level) and also take something like tianeptine alongside it (i'd still get the health benefits of carb restriction this way). I am going to have endure the side effects again (mostly the anxiety) but I plan to fight through it this time. maybe I could add some tryptophan, taurine, inositol or anything like this in an attempt just to chill my body out if tianeptine decides to give me anxiety again.

#17 vato

• 25 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

why would you try to take some stuff that is supposed to heal brain damage if it brings anxiety in you ?
just leave it out, i think when you mind feels satisfied and you feel that focus, it is in the optimal environment for growth and regeneration.
think about a plant, you give it just as much nutrients and water it needs to optimize growth. your brain is not much different, actually animal cells and plant cells do not differ that much at all!

Edited by vato, 13 January 2011 - 07:21 PM.

#18 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:26 AM

why would you try to take some stuff that is supposed to heal brain damage if it brings anxiety in you ?
just leave it out, i think when you mind feels satisfied and you feel that focus, it is in the optimal environment for growth and regeneration.
think about a plant, you give it just as much nutrients and water it needs to optimize growth. your brain is not much different, actually animal cells and plant cells do not differ that much at all!

Due to my life circumstances the practicalities of going keto just aren't there at the moment. I still live by carb restrction but I am unable to go the full way into ketosis due to my schedule. Basically I work 16hr days where I also have the odd day off. My life consists of getting up, going to work, coming home, going to bed. Unfortunately this makes it really difficult for me to control what I eat (I still eat fairly healthily but going through my day avoiding carbs is another issue). I tried fasting but this totally doesn't work when I am working these long hours and is probably not very healthy. So because of this right now I am not able to do the ketosis thing. Like I say there's no way I have given up with it because I kind of see it as my destiny. Obviously it would be great to be drug free but for now these things actually have the capacity to help me against the stress within my job.

#19 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

May wish to ditch the hydergine
or face health complications like me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:41 AM

You're leaving out intense cardiovascular exercise, EPA fish oil, and SSRI/SRE anti-depressants. I would start with these (primarily the first two) before introducing yourself to such a complex stack.

Can SSRI/SRE antidepressants work in tandem? Aren't they doing opposite things?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users