- - - - -

Open Invitation to Steve Sliwa and LifeMirage

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#121 jaydfox

• Topic Starter
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:07 PM

LM abused moderation powers by deleting dozens (maybe over a hundred) of old incriminating posts, among other infractions.

Approximately 170 posts were deleted in a 40-minute span of time. This hearkens back to the Enron document shredding scandal.

#122 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:09 PM

Thank you, Mind, for having given us some substance to work with

"Edward Younan paid for LM's account.
Steve Sliwa registerd the LM account.
Edward and Steve both claim to be president of Uniquenutrition
Uniquenutrition's IP address has been identical to LM's on several occasions."

I didn't know that and I doubt that many of the regular members knew it either. That does indicate LM and Steve worked closely together but that is not a crime. One could speculate that LM and Steve are the same person but their writing styles are very different so I doubt it.

"Edward has used the "LifeMirage" name in other forums.
Abusive spam accounts (defenders of LM) were registered using UN's address."

How do you know this? You are not in a position to see IP numbers for forums not at Imminst. Nor are you in a position to see other private info on other forums. This sounds like hearsay.

"LM abused moderation powers by deleting dozens (maybe over a hundred) of old incriminating posts, among other infractions."

How do you know they were incriminating if they are gone? Do you have copies?

"At least three people talked to Lee and he denied being LM. I also talked to the Sherwyn's staff to confirm this series of events."

"LM allowed people to think he was a doctor in his "LifeMirage anti-aging and nootropic regimen" thread. When asked to clear it up, he wouldn't until after 4 weeks. This "misrepresenting" thread will be published soon, although LM did delete some of it before it was archived."

Allowing people to think what they want is not the same as claiming to be a doctor. I've never seen any posts where LM claimed to have an MD or be a doctor. Telling leadership in private that he had an MD, if he indeed said that, is grounds for taking away his advisor status. I see no reason for the nasty personal attacks he has suffered nor for the move to ban him. If he never told us, the general members, that he was a doctor, why should he be banned if it turns out he is not a doctor?

Is it a violation of the rules for 2 people to share an account? Where are the rules he violated? Is it a violation of the rules to let people think what they want? I simply do not see where LM hurt anybody. Leadership is implying he either defrauded people out of something or hurt people. I never saw him do it.

How can you accept money for a lifetime membership, keep the money and revoke the membership? One or the other must be returned to LM or whoever paid for it. Taking money on false pretenses is fraud right there. I'm not saying Imminst commited fraud but statements by certain directors and others indicates that is about to happen. Hopefully, it will not happen.

I just want to see fairness brought into this whole debacle.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:12 PM

Fairness has been hugely violated by LM and related individuals IMO. Know your facts please.

#124 jaydfox

• Topic Starter
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:20 PM

How can you accept money for a lifetime membership, keep the money and revoke the membership? One or the other must be returned to LM or whoever paid for it. Taking money on false pretenses is fraud right there. I'm not saying Imminst commited fraud but statements by certain directors and others indicates that is about to happen. Hopefully, it will not happen.

A) The $500 paid for the Lifetime Membership was a tax-deductible donation, explicitly stated to be non-refundable. As such, we are under no legal obligation to return it.
B) LifeMirage is banned for one year. After that, he can have his membership restored to its lifetime status. As such, we are under no ethical obligation to return it.
C) LifeMirage used his status at ImmInst, both his Advisor status, and his "graciousness" in supporting the cause with a $500 donation, to earn the respect and good will of the members of this forum. This was done in order to increase the effectiveness of his viral marketing campaign. As such, he deserves to lose the money, as a message to him and other would-be spammers.

#125 jaydfox

• Topic Starter
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:22 PM

I've never seen any posts where LM claimed to have an MD or be a doctor.

Then apparently you need to do more research before defending this charlatan.

#126 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:51 PM

"Then apparently you need to do more research before defending this charlatan."

Why is it no one has given a link to such a post (having MD)? No one has stated they remember him saying it either.

#127 jaydfox

• Topic Starter
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:12 PM

The following is the first post in the "LifeMirage = Misrepresenting?" leadership discussion, the entire contents of which will be posted immediately after 10:00 PM tonight, in the Full Members forum.

BruceKlein Posted: Feb 5 2006-07:01

It has been brought to my attention that our Advisor to Supplements and Nootropics, LifeMirage, may be misrepresenting himself to membership by allowing others to think he has a medical degree.

12th post down: on page:
http://www.imminst.o...69&t=7754&st=60
"The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth
Edition is my source and the definition is accepted by my fellow MD's
and neurologists alike."

First page of:
LifeMirage's Antiaging-Nootropic Regimen, Drugs - Supplements - Diet -
Training -
the following (first) page:
http://www.imminst.o...t=0

He says:
"Based on my patients, myself, and most reports Piracetam, but there
is no comparison study that I am aware of."

Definition of "patients"

1. From http://www.business-...ionary/P_1.html
patients:
people undergoing medical care, as in: The doctor visits her patients
in the hospital every morning.
2. From: http://www.iit.edu/~...definitions.htm
Patients - One who receives medical attention, care, or treatment.

Pinballwizard asks:

LifeMirage,

I am about ready to run out the door to go to the bars. I had no idea
that you had that background. I am going to have to re-read your
posts...

Hey maybe you can tell us the best advice that you had to learn on
your own for nootropics and life extension?

Traps to look out for? Mistakes?

What is your background anyway? Are you an MD? Nutritionist? LINK

LifeMirage has not answered the question.

http://www.imminst.o...98&t=5736&st=40
Post #12 on this page, where scottl says:
"Lifemirage, a physician with extensive clinical experience with
nootropics, posted on rec.drugs.smart mentioning imminst as a source
of nootropic info."

#128 jaydfox

• Topic Starter
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:14 PM

Note that LifeMirage edited his post five days later, and it now reads:

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition is my source and the definition is accepted by most MD’s and neurologists alike.

It previously read "by my fellow MD's", which can only reasonably be interpreted to read that LifeMirage was claiming to be an MD himself. BTW, this alteration of past evidence is typical of LifeMirage's attempts to cover his tracks and try to artificially create plausible deniability.

Also note that he had managed to convince scottl that he is a doctor. He also ignored a direct question as to whether he was an MD, allowing this misrepresentation to continue.

Finally, he refers to his "patients". He later claimed he was referring to his "clients" in his consulting work. While this terminology obfuscation is apparently common in the health consulting industry, it is nonetheless a misrepresentation.

#129 jaydfox

• Topic Starter
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:16 PM

These were all public posts in the Nootropics forum, some of them in the thread "LifeMirage's Antiaging-Nootropic Regimen". This thread is not deleted, merely stored away in the leadership closet pending publication of the vote to ban LifeMirage. If possible, I'm hoping it will be brought back into public view soon, with disclaimers in place where needed.

#130 jaydfox

• Topic Starter
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:24 PM

This evidence so far only refers to posts at ImmInst, since xanadu is apparently concerned that outside information is irrelevant. However, once one broadens the scope of his search to the rest of the internet, including google groups, other web fora, and Sherwyn's own website, then the evidence is very damning. LifeMirage was very clearly misrepresenting himself as an M.D., and specifically as Lee Crost, M.D. He also never bothered to clarify that while he (Lee) had an M.D. degree, he was one of the few that never obtained licensure, and hence he allowed others to think that the fact that he supposedly had an M.D. automatically meant he (Lee) was a doctor, when in fact he (Lee) was not legally able to practice medicine.

However, since LifeMirage is not Lee--or at least, Lee isn't the only person using the LifeMirage persona, if he's using it at all--LifeMirage apparently either didn't realize that Lee wasn't licensed, or he thought he could obfuscate the fact sufficiently to get leaders to stop asking questions. Thankfully, Prometheus did not back down just to be "polite".

#131 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:25 PM

Using the word "patients" does not mean he's a doctor. A diet councilor might refer to his clients as patients. Not replying to a direct question about if he is a doctor is not the same as claiming to be one. What scott or others said is not relevent to what LM claimed to be. You haven't shown that he claimed to be a doctor or that he told the public he had an MD.

#132 jaydfox

• Topic Starter
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:27 PM

You haven't shown that he claimed to be a doctor or that he told the public he had an MD.

my fellow MDs

'nough said.

#133 jaydfox

• Topic Starter
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:29 PM

Xanadu, I'm done answering your questions. You obviously have no interest in the truth, only in playing the part of a disestablishmentarian. Stick it to the man, right? Bring down the "establishment"!

#134 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:47 PM

xanadu, if you insist on drinking the kool-aid, just go over to brainmeta. Lie Mirage will be sure to provide you with your own pitcher of fruit punch flavored goodness. Yum.

#135 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:02 PM

To "Steve Slima":

Who is Edward Younan?

#136 JonesGuy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:03 PM

Xanadu, do you remember the thread that LifeMirage made when he announced his departure? Did you see it?

He signed it as Lee Crost MD

Edit: have we heard anything about where that thread went? Was it deleted?

#137 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:03 PM

To "Steve Slima":

Please provide us with a way to verify that Lee Crost=Life Mirage.

How about we call him again to see if he has his story straight?

#138 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:05 PM

To "Steve Slima":

Why was the relationship between "Life Mirage" and Unique Nutrition never disclosed in the past?

#139 brizzadizza

• 51 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 09:55 PM

The thread is in the leadership forum pending investigation.
Xanadu,
Once again you ask for the proof that has been provided in almost 40 pages worth of posts. I'm beginning to think you are unable to read. Why do you cling so tightly to the LifeMirage myth? Geezum crow, I ask again, what evidence would you deem convincing?
Brandon

#140 jaydfox

• Topic Starter
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 10:33 PM

A signed confession...

notarized...

in his presense.

#141 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 11:20 PM

If he said "my fellow MD's" then that implies a doctor but he did not come out and say it. Besides, you haven't proven he doesn't have an MD. You don't know for sure who he is. You are going by hearsay.

Where is the rule written that he broke? I never saw a rule saying that if you let people think you are a doctor, you have to be a doctor or be banned. People might think I'm the governor of Maryland. I'll just let them think what they want. My fellow governors...

" A signed confession..."

Or at least tell us what rule he broke and how you proved it. Phone conversations are hearsay and you don't know for sure who you spoke to.

" LifeMirage is banned for one year. After that, he can have his membership restored to its lifetime status."

Banned for a phone call, for implying he had an MD, or for being friends with Steve? And Steve is going to be banned for being friends with LM and/or using the same account? Is that in the rules? What other hidden rules are there that we don't know about? I just want to get the facts straight.

#142 jaydfox

• Topic Starter
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 11:48 PM

Where is the rule written that he broke? I never saw a rule saying that if you let people think you are a doctor, you have to be a doctor or be banned. People might think I'm the governor of Maryland. I'll just let them think what they want. My fellow governors...

...Is that in the rules? What other hidden rules are there that we don't know about? I just want to get the facts straight.

Again, as has been amply pointed out, do your research before accusing leadership of misconduct. I realize I said I wouldn't answer your questions anymore, but this is a misconception held by several of you anti-establishment types, so I'll say this to all of you.

He wasn't banned for misrepresenting himself as a doctor. As you point out, that's not a banning offense. We don't have a rule that says calling yourself a doctor isn't allowed.

However, he was an ImmInst Advisor, which according to the ImmInst Constitution, a legal document in the state of Alabama, means that he was responsible for consulting with ImmInst members.

(1) Responsibility
Advisors are free to consult with ImmInst members concerning their field of expertise.

LifeMirage's stated field of expertise was Supplements and Nootropics. Therefore, if he misrepresented himself as a doctor, and he was responsible for consulting with ImmInst members on Nootropics, then this created an unknown but serious degree of liability. He could have been construed to be ImmInst's resident doctor, specializing in nootropics, and this put the Institute at risk. We sought clarification from him, and he misled us, lied to us, and ultimately tried to dodge our questions or give equivocal answers.

It was ultimately determined through a great deal of circumstantial evidence that he was in fact misrepresenting himself as a doctor, and intentionally so, and for that he was removed from ImmInst Advisory. Thus, he was no longer officially representing the Institute. He was still a Lifetime Member in good standing. He then began a campaign of malicious attacks and spamming, going so far as trying to turn leadership against each other, since some leaders such as Mind and Elrond were still supportive of "Lee"'s side of the story.

All that changed with the discovery that LifeMirage was not in fact Lee Crost. Even if LifeMirage is Lee Crost, and he was just lying--which, by the way, is one of the lamest things I've ever heard; how could he so convincingly lie to the half dozen people who called him at work, while he was on the job, while he was in the chat room; I mean, seriously, if his alleged reason for lying about being LifeMirage was so he wouldn't get caught at work, why would he spend hours on the job surfing the web and hanging out in an IRC chat room?--the fact remained that after the revelation came out that LifeMirage was not Lee, LifeMirage's personal attacks became so malicious and obscene that he had to be suspended just to keep him from making more attacks.

Over a dozen fake accounts have been created so far, continuing this campaign of obscene attacks. LifeMirage has now taken to routing his attacks through relay servers in Costa Rica. He finally figured out we could track his IP addresses, and decided it wasn't worth going to jail to attack us.

For these last sets of malicious attacks, LifeMirage has been banned. ANY user can be banned for excessive malicious attacks. Again, I forward you to the ImmInst Constitution:

Malicious Attacks: ImmInst has a zero tolerance policy for any individual or group which tries to disrupt the usual flow of information in the ImmInst forums or chat room. Examples include, but are not limited to, such things as spamming and hacking. Such individuals will be banned from posting either immediately or after due warning depending on the incident.

#143 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:58 AM

Xanadu: Are you satisfied yet, or do we have to endure another 8 pages of this? Hey, I heard on bb.com, someone said regular ALA is no good and only r-lipoic acid works. Someone needs to defend racemic ALA over there... hurry! :)

#144 jaydfox

• Topic Starter
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:07 AM

Okay, for the Full Members who have been waiting for this:
LifeMirage = Misrepresenting?

#145 Grail

• Guest, F@H
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:12 AM

Xanadu, surely these posts answer your questions...again. I have seen you post similar inquiries all over the fora. Each time the answers were right in front of you if you had bothered to look. If you STILL have doubts as to the various connections in the LM scandal, I suggest you reread the information already posted, INCLUDING the linked information in each of the posts. It is good to question those making the decisions, but only to a feasable extent. I have read all the info so far, and have complete confidence in the Leadership to handle the issue.
Let me ask you, are you just playing the devil's advocate here? At this stage, it is completely unnecessary.

#146 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:11 AM

Xanadu, surely these posts answer your questions...again. I have seen you post similar inquiries all over the fora. Each time the answers were right in front of you if you had bothered to look. If you STILL have doubts as to the various connections in the LM scandal, I suggest you reread the information already posted, INCLUDING the linked information in each of the posts. It is good to question those making the decisions, but only to a feasable extent. I have read all the info so far, and have complete confidence in the Leadership to handle the issue.
Let me ask you, are you just playing the devil's advocate here? At this stage, it is completely unnecessary.

Although I think xanadu has (once again) gone overboard with his quest for definitive "proof", in his defense I must note that some the compelling evidence (but not all) has been accessible to full members only. The same information content has been conveyd here, however, I must admit it is more compelling to actually verify with ones own eyes that uniquenutrition and LifeMirage indeed posted from same IPs, or see the actual original registration form of Lifemirages account stating name Steve Sliwa.

Also, there is currently like 50 different threads here on this same subject matter, so it is somewhat understandable to miss some of the scattered pieces of evidence.

#147 jaydfox

• Topic Starter
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:13 AM

For Full Members, the full deliberations of the "Vote to ban LifeMirage and Steve Sliwa"

This is the full version of the "Pre-publish: Vote to ban LifeMirage" thread that I published two days ago.

#148 arcticjoe

• 101 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:30 PM

Any chance that information will be made available to non members?

#149 zevogaz

• 27 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:43 PM

deleted....off topic

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#150 syr_

• 500 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:53 PM

Approximately 170 posts were deleted in a 40-minute span of time.

How many posts have been deleted in this thread and the previous one about LM, instead?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users