Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Best place to buy deprenyl from?

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 bacchus26

• 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 05:13 PM

So I just received my bottle of juprenil (selegeline, deprenyl, etc) from some f---ed up place in bosnia (thanks Unique Nutrition!) and there is no safety seal on the bottle and the box it was in was taped back together. Needless to say, I will not be taking that medication. I will not be buying from unique anymore, especially after all that crap with them impersonating a doctor, etc. So what is the best place on the net to purchase this?

#2 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 05:42 PM

How is Bosnia f'd up, exactly? And was the tape on there for shipping purposes?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 07:14 PM

Biogensis or qhi.co.uk can provide you with deprenyl. ( look in the suppliers list here on imminst )

A friend of mine got his deprenyl probably from the same source (bosnia). He didn't used it for longer then a week, looked like crap.

#4 twist1

• 18 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:20 PM

I thought they came in foil packs according to the product picture. Was it the same brand/name on the bottle? I haven't heard any complaints over at avant except for some not responding to hydergine or deprenyl. IMHO, that may be related to the quality of product. I was pondering ordering from that european source but I guess I should heed to other folk's experience. Are there others that have dealt through UN or directly with airsealed and were either satisfied or disappointed?

#5 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 09:37 PM

I believe it was Juprenil.

You can better buy those product direct at the European source like qhi.co.uk & biogensis.

About the taped box -->> probably they opened it during shipment and taped it back together. Just to check the content of the package.

#6 prodigy2020

• 26 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:44 AM

I also ordered Juprenil from UN, came in a flimsy box with an unsealed container of pills inside. I didn't/don't really expect anything more coming from an overseas source though. Since it's shipped direct, I'd assume that UN doesn't necessarily have direct control over its packaging. Product seemed to be fine.

#7 twist1

• 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:03 AM

Prodigy, have you had time to evaluate the effects of it? Anybody else content with the juprenil brand from europe? Considering it is cheaper than the other sites.

#8 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:49 AM

I have been trying Juprenil (again bought from UN before the well/overly documented events: unsealed, taped box). I started a thread a couple of weeks ago titled Deprenyl Dilemma : http://www.imminst.o...f=169&t=9444&s=

because I was either getting rather foggy or no noticeable benefits. I have dropped dosage down to 2.5mg every other day but can't say I have experienced any marked improvement in lucidity, motivation etc. It would be interested to see if this is common amongst Juprenil brand users as opposed to Liquid Deprenyl or other brand/forms before I and others decide (perhaps erroneously) that Deprenyl is just not for us.

Sentinel

#9 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:50 PM

As the one who ships all these "bad products from f___d up place somewhere" let me just clarify a bit.
Juprenil is a made by Hemofarm from Serbia. It's a multinational company with factories and sales in many countries (Germany www.hemopharm.de , US www.hemopharm.us ). It's made under license from Chinoin Budapest which is original Selegiline maker (their brand is jumex). So it's not no name generic.

For some unknown reason, packaging for Juprenil is extremly bad. If anyone has ordered Hydergine from UN could see exactly same type of packaging as other drugs (blister sheets in carton box with even embosed braile letters for blind). Hydergine is also made by hemofarm. Why Hemofarm choosed such packaging is beyond me.

Few months before carton box for Juprenil was noticably larger than plastic container. In order to prevent pill spilage we tape sealed plastic container. I must admit it did look bad. But no one ever opened the bottles or tempered with pills. We send hundreds of these monthly. Now the carton box is exactly the same as inside container so it's enough to tape seal outside box to prevent container opening. So it's us who seal the box not customs or somebody else.

We asked our supplier to provide sealed plastic container and one batch was indeed saftey sealed (tamper evident red plastic seal just like on any plastic supplement bottle). We expect new batch to be sealed like this as well.

#10 bacchus26

• Topic Starter
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:26 PM

As the one who ships all these "bad products from f___d up place somewhere" let me just clarify a bit.

My apologies, I didn't mean to offend anybody. The fact of the matter though is that I'm not going to take any medication that arrives in an unsealed bottle.

I'm sure that Juprenil is a fine brand for this drug, but at the same time since I'm young it might be prudent for me to get a hold of the liquid Eldepryl so that I can take it in much smaller doses over a longer period of time.

Anybody on here know where I can get the liquid form of selegeline/deprenyl?

Thanks,
- J

#11 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:47 PM

lol... surprise Bacchus, he's a regular member of the board here. That's priceless [lol]

#12 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 05:24 PM

However ill-judged J's opening choice of words may have proven, it would still be interesting to hear of people's relative experiences between different brands and forms of Deprenyl. Da Sense, I know you have mentioned using both liquid and pill forms, any difference? I'm sure that as a supplier (logistically) you think they are all great :) but more importantly as an experienced Dep user you are well placed to differentiate.

Likewise I'm sure others must have covered a few brands in their time...?

Sentinel

#13 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

bacchus26
Apologie accepted :)
I understand your concern over unsealed product, you have full right to be concerned over something you ingest. Luckily supplier promised new batch (arriving in 2 days) to be sealed. It's a problem for them as they only seal small shipment for us, but they agreed to do it.

sentinel
I don't think there will be any difference between brands as Juprenil and Jumex, both are under Chinoin license (Choinoin wouldn't put let them put their logo on the bottle if the product was bad). I'm not sure, but i think jumex might be in capsules???

First deprenyl I tried was Selepryl (got it at IAS). It was damn expensive, so I took only 1-2 drops a day (suposedly 1-2 mg). I can't say I "noticed" anything from it. Since it was so expensive i didn't want to use more. Then I found Juprenil (that's how i started airsealed, looking for cheaper product :) ) and started taking 5 mg tablet daily. If i remember correctly it was about 20 days since i started Cyprenil. Then I felt change (search my older posts).
So I was using much lower dose of Selepryl, and maybe it needed some time (being ireversible MAO inhibitor) to start to work (these 20 days).

As far as I know there is only Jumex and Juprenil brand you can buy online (tablets) and Cyprenil and Selepryl (liquid) that's available online. Selepryl is made in Mexico and Cyprenil in Spain.

• Lurker

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:54 AM

da_sense, I understand you have a business partnership with UI and Steve Sliwa.

You are based in the Balkans - in one of the former Yugoslavian provinces.

Do you supply UI or does UI supply you?

#15 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:11 AM

prometheus
Yes, I do have business relation with UN. I often stated it in my posts. You're also correct about the place.

We supply, or better say drop ship UNs European items directly to their customers.

• Lurker

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:31 PM

You're in Bosnia-Herzegovina to be precise and Steve provided you with European distributorship of his products.

There's a Yugoslavian saying: Tell the truth and shame the Devil.

Do you know Edward?

#17 pars

• 25 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:41 PM

da sense
I'm glad I meet a "neighbour" on this board, I live in Bulgaria, which is not far from Bosnia :) .
I might be interested if you send by airmail other supplements than generic Deprenyl, including basic ergogenic aids like protein, creatine, etc.

#18 DukeNukem

• 2,008 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:55 PM

I do not take Deprenyl, but I'm interested in it because of the many sources that have extolled its benefits. I asked my longevity doctor about it, and he said yesterday: "I would not recommend Deprenyl for now, since it is a weak MAO inhibitor and has the potential for some rather dangerous reactions with other drugs and substances."

Any thoughts from experts on this?

#19 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:01 PM

That's not a valid reason not to take it. At doses of 5mg daily or less, it does not inhibit MAO-A at all. MAO-A inhibition is what makes MAO inhibitors dangerous (Tyramine related "cheese effect"). It does inhibit MAO-B to a large degree, but not completely. MAO-B inhibition is fairly benign anyway and if I remember correctly, protective, by reducing production of toxic dopamine metabolites. MAO-B is not needed to deactivate anything you would normally ingest and only a very narrow range of drugs.

There may be other reasons not to take Deprenyl, but that isn't one of them. Herbs that people take without thinking like Rhodiola have more of a general MAO inhibiting effect.

#20 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:52 PM

You're in Bosnia-Herzegovina to be precise and Steve provided you with European distributorship of his products.

There's a Yugoslavian saying: Tell the truth and shame the Devil.

Do you know Edward?

I am in Bosnia, but Steve has not provided me with European distributorship of his products. Our business is limited to me drop shipping 4 antiaging products to his customers, that's all. We do plan to expand our business but have not yet made any decisions.

I never heard of that saying :) Anyway what's your point?

I do not know Edward.

Seems like you want to show here that I'm hiding something, but I'm not. Whatever concerns you have please ask directly, don't go playing with "yugoslavian sayings". I was always upfront and honest. I have nothing to hide.

#21 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:58 PM

da sense
I'm glad I meet a "neighbour" on this board, I live in Bulgaria, which is not far from Bosnia :) .
I might be interested if you send by airmail other supplements than generic Deprenyl, including basic ergogenic aids like protein, creatine, etc.

Hi :) we'll be even "closer" if this CEFTA (http://www.cefta.org) thing expands as proposed :)

As for other products, I'm sorry but I don't supply these, only what's at www.airsealed.com . For above mentioned go to bulknutrition.com . I've personally ordered from them many times and been very satisfied. I do not know any european seller that can offer such good prices.

• Lurker

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:58 PM

It's a saying.. Like, "Tell the truth and run."

Have you ever met Steve?

#23 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:45 PM

Have you ever met Steve?

I understand the meaning, just never heard that first saying exactly like that here.

You're doing it again. Your questions have nothing to do with the thread. I asked politely if you have something on your mind ask directly. If your final question is "am I Steve", the answer is no :) Really, be direct, if you have any concerns ask directly.

Why should I answer if I ever met Steve? Why do you want to know that?

BTW I have never met Steve, nor even talked on phone with him. If you followed my posts here you could read exactly that [tung]

#24 bacchus26

• Topic Starter
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:55 PM

da_sense, is there a way we can get a hold of hydergine, deprenyl/selegeline, etc directly from you instead of going through Unique Nutrition?

or are there other U.S. based companies we can order from that use you as a supplier?

#25 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:21 AM

lol...I'm just going to jump in here and say check out www.airsealed.com for great European-made products, such as hydergine, deprenyl, and many others. [thumb]

#26 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:53 AM

As a fellow European it's good to know that there is a "local" supplier who is supported by someone like Da Sense who has struck me as being an honest and down to earth chap, willing to make suggestions to others whilst not ramming his opinions down their throats.

Sometimes it's not who you know, it's what you know.

Sentinel

#27 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 23 March 2006 - 10:23 AM

bacchus26
as mitkat :) said you can get it directly at www.airsealed.com , though payment is not that convenient as we're still waiting on CC processing
there is also www.nubrain.com that we drop ship for

sentinel
thanks a lot :)

• Lurker

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:06 PM

Da_sense, I know you're not Steve but you do have a business relationship with him and you did come to his and LifeMirage's defence.. both here and at mindandmuscle.net

Anyway, I was hoping you were independent from UI but as you said you source all your stuff from them.

#29 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 02:19 PM

You have it backwards -- Airsealed is the source for UN's european drugs. I don't see anything on Airsealed's site that they would get from America.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#30 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 03:02 PM

Have you ever met Steve?

I understand the meaning, just never heard that first saying exactly like that here.

You're doing it again. Your questions have nothing to do with the thread. I asked politely if you have something on your mind ask directly. If your final question is "am I Steve", the answer is no :) Really, be direct, if you have any concerns ask directly.

Why should I answer if I ever met Steve? Why do you want to know that?

BTW I have never met Steve, nor even talked on phone with him. If you followed my posts here you could read exactly that [tung]

da_sense, since when have you had business relationships with him or how long have you been in noots business? You say you have been very open about it, but quite frankly I had no idea about that before this whole thing. How is it that you have put this forward? I am asking this because I always thought it was a bit strange you are such an outspoken "mortalist" yet choose hang out quite frequently at an immortalist site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users