• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Continuation Thread for William (off topic from:)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 04:21 PM

Original thread

My last quote:
If I had your mother's e-mail address I would contact her immediately and let her know what her son is putting on the Internet. It's a shame! In fact, who is your Rabbi?

She knows what I put on the net, none of us believes in God, hun. I have no Rabbi LOL.

Live Forever, it doesn't make any difference. Doesn't she know that a Jew without God is nothing in this world?

Then I ain't Jew and I am nothing in the world, heh, amazing how you get pissed off out of nothing, don't you think?
They say nobody is perfect, since I'm nobody to you....I am flattered, I am supposedly perfect, heh.

And Graeme, it is all related, we explain here WHY God answers not his prayers...

-Infernity

So, here you can argue freely.

-Infernity

#2 william

• 145 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:56 PM

infernity, it greatly disturbs me when I hear young Jews say they don't believe in God - especially when Israel is experiencing the problems it currently is. All Israel's problems are due to the people straying from the true God of Israel. I'm sure you know that this is what the Torah teaches and that's what history shows? You and inarchunite should very seriously rethink your positions on God's existence. Take a look at the literature at http://www.gnmagazin...itreq/index.htm. May be you could take a close look at The Middle East in Bible Prophecy.

It's hard to believe that you are living in Israel and don't have a Rabbi. You do keep the Sabbath and the other Holy Days God gave Moses to give Israel? From what I've read, this is the law the government of Israel enforces on the people today. I've read that if you drive your car in some places in Israel on the Sabbath you might get stoned. Isn't this true?

#3 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:54 AM

infernity, it greatly disturbs me when I hear young Jews say they don't believe in God - especially when Israel is experiencing the problems it currently is.

But I don't BELIEVE in it, even if I wanted so bad, it just makes no sense to me, It doesn't matter what you or anyone will say, my mind cannot find it logical, let this God persuade me otherwise, until then, no God for me.
I didn't choose to be a child to the Jewish people, so you can't blame it on me, I am a simple atheist.
All Israel's problems are due to the people straying from the true God of Israel. I'm sure you know that this is what the Torah teaches and that's what history shows?

Heh, I know this is what religious ones say, I noticed that the most familiar of poverty- are religious, how would you explain that? I would say, they have a LOT of children, and they have no money to feed them all, but what the hell do they care? It's a Mizva, so they will make kids, and think the more children they shall have, better their lives shall be, be then, there are more chances for their kids to die, and less place and food for all.... Common sense.
It's hard to believe that you are living in Israel and don't have a Rabbi

Hard to believe? Well, the great most of those who live here has no Rabbi, only religious ones do, and there are not too many.
You do keep the Sabbath and the other Holy Days God gave Moses to give Israel?

Oh I enjoy it that I don't have to go to school or work, but do I do what I am supposedly supposed to do? Oh hell no, I do whatever I want, eat whatever I want, whenever I want to do it.
From what I've read, this is the law the government of Israel enforces on the people today.

LOL no, since this is a DEMODRATIC country, we are allowed to do whatever suits us.
I've read that if you drive your car in some places in Israel on the Sabbath you might get stoned. Isn't this true?

Heh there is a single place in Israel, a single neighborhood where it exists, where only fanatic religious FREAKS live. You don't have to drive on Saturday, you can just enter without the full costume of a religious Jew and you find yourself dead, this is FANATIC, this is WRONG, they KILL people just like this for DISAGREEING with them. How pleasing to God is this eh? This Neighborhood is of fanatic religious killers, if you want to commit a suicide, you can just enter as you are now. Is it right? NO.

-Infernity

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:04 AM

Oh and moreover, I wouldn't like to marry a man who has several more wives but me, but hey according to the bible it is allowed, and why would the man disagree.... I don't want to walk with these stupid clothes on, I don't want to waste all my bloody day praying for a God that does NOTHING to improve my life, I am BUSY enough. I don't want to have a food limit for what I want to eat, unless it is for health, but then a doctor will tell me what to not eat. I don't want to be unable to use electricity on Saturday because we should "rest", laying on the couch with the TV on is very much of a rest... I don't think I should not eat in Yom Kippur because I need to suffer, I will choose when to fast, but since my weight problems are of underweight, not overweight, I most likely won't decide to do that. I don't BELIEVE in my heart in it, I never had the choice if to born to the Jewish people, if it was depended on me I was neutral, a spectator of the world, from an objective vista. I am on my own, and God makes absolutely no sense to me, not talking of it I would prefer the religions that have many Gods, a God for each thing, with beautiful stories of mythologies, where Gods wear the humane shape, and there were heroes, and all.
Don't tell me it's a shame, if it was true, God would kill me already, for I am his greatest foe. Navigating people away from him and those baseless beliefs, and I have LOGICAL explanations for why God does NOT exist, and why people DO believe in his existence.

-Infernity

#5 william

• 145 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 02:52 PM

But I don't BELIEVE in it, even if I wanted so bad, it just makes no sense to me, It doesn't matter what you or anyone will say, my mind cannot find it logical, let this God persuade me otherwise, until then, no God for me.

So if God does what He says in Zechariah 12:10( http://www.biblegate...0;&version=64;) you'll be a believer then?

Heh, I know this is what religious ones say, I noticed that the most familiar of poverty- are religious, how would you explain that? I would say, they have a LOT of children, and they have no money to feed them all, but what the hell do they care? It's a Mizva, so they will make kids, and think the more children they shall have, better their lives shall be, be then, there are more chances for their kids to die, and less place and food for all.... Common sense.

Maybe they should live on a kibbutz. Have you ever lived on one? Ever since I read The Children of the Dream (1969), by Bruno Bettelheim, I've been fascinated with the kibbutz. I've read that there are two research institutes in Israel devoted to studying the kibbutz and one here in the United States at Harvard. You ever considered studying the kibbutz?

Hard to believe? Well, the great most of those who live here has no Rabbi, only religious ones do, and there are not too many.

Yea, it's hard to believe. I always thought there were a lot more religious there since the whole idea of Israel was a religious one from the very start. I did, however, read somewhere that the young were turning away from religion.

Heh there is a single place in Israel, a single neighborhood where it exists, where only fanatic religious FREAKS live. You don't have to drive on Saturday, you can just enter without the full costume of a religious Jew and you find yourself dead, this is FANATIC, this is WRONG, they KILL people just like this for DISAGREEING with them. How pleasing to God is this eh? This Neighborhood is of fanatic religious killers, if you want to commit a suicide, you can just enter as you are now. Is it right? NO.

I agree with you it's wrong. Jesus taught that you had to be without sin yourself before you could stone someone else for it.

Oh and moreover, I wouldn't like to marry a man who has several more wives but me, but hey according to the bible it is allowed

No, the Bible clearly doesn't allow it. God only gave Adam one woman and that was Eve. They were to be united and become one flesh according to the Scripture. See Genesis 2:20-24 ( http://www.biblegate...4;&version=64;) The practice in the New Testament of the Bible was monogamous marriage and prohibition against adultery clearly applies to prevent the taking of more than one wife.
I think the problem comes in where people see the Old Testament examples of polygamy and assume God approved of it when He really didn't. God only permitted it, like He permitted other sin, because the hearts of the people were hard. See Matthew 19:8 ( http://www.biblegate...20;&version=64; ). You don't want to get married to the right man and go live on the kibbutz where you'll practice all the latest ideas in longevity research and live happily ever after? Did you see the link to my post I gave inarchunite on this?

I have LOGICAL explanations for why God does NOT exist, and why people DO believe in his existence.

Did you read the article at http://www.gnmagazin.../gn65/earth.htm? How can you explain away the obvious existence of a God when the proof is in His creation. It's just something that can't be reasonably denied any longer. You are probably very young and haven't given this matter much thought or study.

#6 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:27 PM

Maybe they should live on a kibbutz.

This would be an absolute imposition towards it, the fact they have these tones of kids and all, not talking of it they can't enforce their laws there.
Have you ever lived on one?

In fact I do now for...like 12 years.
You ever considered studying the kibbutz?

Oh I studied in such extent it goes out of my ears and I can't wait to get out!
Amazing how one's secret is known to the entire Kibbutz members a day after, they gossip all day.
Yea, it's hard to believe. I always thought there were a lot more religious there since the whole idea of Israel was a religious one from the very start.

WRONG, the land of Israel among MAYBE, but the Zionism had in fact the exact opposite attitude from religious country and religious values, believe me I study the Israel history enough (and way beyond) for you to tell me I'm wrong on this.
I did, however, read somewhere that the young were turning away from religion.

I don't know where you read all these stuff, a religious family raises religious children, and none-religious families raise none-religious children.
You don't want to get married to the right man and go live on the kibbutz where you'll practice all the latest ideas in longevity research and live happily ever after?

Oh please I can't wait to get out of the kibbutz, out of this area (oh well now in war time, I prefer this area), and out of this country, I don't even want to remain in Israel, no, never did.
I try to spread here the idea of anti-aging, but people are so squared to what they have, those short pathetic lives that they find it so immoral, my ideas, they find me so eccentric, NO, I want to spread it OUT of here, to people who will support or at least listen, not some sheep's that follow their grand sheep leader that blindly rejects what I say!
How can you explain away the obvious existence of a God when the proof is in His creation. It's just something that can't be reasonably denied any longer. You are probably very young and haven't given this matter much thought or study.

Oh give me a break, you say God has created all, I say, that's the Universe. That's the same call it God/Universe/Mother Earth or Mr. Smith... The same way you can ask me, well then where did the universe come from, I can ask about your God, now if you say something like "God didn't want us to know" or "God's ways are secret" or "God can do everything", then this is a joke, because so can the universe, there are many phenomena that YET we have not discovered, same way in the past, lightning was some God's miracle. And so many theories exist f what everything is. Religon is opposed to many PROVED scientific things issues.
I have been giving only this issue more thought then you probably gave to eveyrthing you had seen in your life! I ask you to not doubt my mind and it's capabilities, mister William.

Now all the quotes from the bible tell me nothing, people wrote this, this is a history of the ancients, those who thought a lightning is a Godly essence, those who had distorted things, like every Historian does, according their liking, they were cave-people without too much of answers, and they wrote what they saw and completed what they DESIRED to, same way you desire to have this God now. They wanted HOPE, and they needed ANSWERS.
Don't bother giving me more phrases...

I told you, I am the greatest foe of "God", if he existed, I'd be dead.

-Infernity

Edited by infernity, 18 July 2006 - 07:02 AM.

#7 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:42 PM

Infernity, I am learning a lot about Israel life from your responses to william's misguided assumptions. Thank you very much, it is enlightening.

On a side note, it is interesting how many of william's core assumptions have been argued by people with more knowledge, or more study, on the subject (kibbutz living, Israel in general, the existence of God, cryonics, the Bible, etc.) than him, but yet his belief remains. William, you remind me of Colbert's character on the Colbert Report when he says "I'm no fan of facts", and other such nonsense, because you should hold on to your feelings (video clip showing what I mean, way hilarious by the way)

#8 william

• 145 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:38 PM

I figured you would eventually turn up to spoil an otherwise pleasant day Live Forever. It's very much a matter of opinion whether the people you mention have more knowledge than I do on the existence of God or the Bible. No doubt infernity would have more first hand experience with living in Israel and kibbutz life than I would. Being a young woman, I doubt she's read as much or thought as much about it as me.

I have read a number of accounts of people being dissatisfied with kibbutz life. That could be due to characterological problems or due to deficiencies in education that can be remedied in the future through a change in parenting practices and proper education. Conditions in Israel may change in the future - as I'm sure they will - making kibbutz living more attractive. Right now capitalism and its material pleasures holds sway.

#9 Trias

• 270 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:08 PM

infy

you know well to ignore william's jabbering
it seems you are indeed a strongminded woman who knows better than to subdue herself to a tedious dogma and pitiful blind belief.

"Conditions in Israel may change in the future - as I'm sure they will - making kibbutz living more attractive."

can't you even say 1 thing which is correct or has a considerable probability to occur?

most israeli kibutzs are in the process of privatization, in other words - disestablishment. Why? -communism does not work. Why? because there are capitalists out there to set your eyes to, and be envious at their affaires.

you still hold on to your blind belief, systematically dodging my question regarding the uniqeness of your chosen doctrine. Why? -because you lack the answer.

Please cease from trying to convert members of imminst to your pitiful clan of idol-worshiping and prayer. You may discuss your beliefs, or any other topic related to life extension - but do not for a moment assume you can reprimend or preach Infernity for her lack of piety (that had of course orginated out of choice).

#10 william

• 145 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:22 AM

(inarchunite)
can't you even say 1 thing which is correct or has a considerable probability to occur?

Your correct that was a poor choice of words on my part. It was wrote in haste. I am certain things will change in Israel as well - as the rest of the world - making kibbutz living more attractive. Better?

most israeli kibutzs are in the process of privatization, in other words - disestablishment. Why? -communism does not work. Why? because there are capitalists out there to set your eyes to, and be envious at their affaires.

I'm not an admirer of capitalism or materialism. I leave that to the capitalists, petty bourgeoisie, and lumpen proletariat.

you still hold on to your blind belief, systematically dodging my question regarding the uniqeness of your chosen doctrine. Why? -because you lack the answer.

It's the other way around. I presented you and the others with a most logical and well reasoned argument with a link to a piece of literature that just couldn't be disputed. Not even Live Forever attempted to answer after he said he would read the article.

Please cease from trying to convert members of imminst to your pitiful clan of idol-worshiping and prayer. You may discuss your beliefs, or any other topic related to life extension - but do not for a moment assume you can reprimend or preach Infernity for her lack of piety (that had of course orginated out of choice).

Why? Are you worried somebody might in fact be converted? I thought infernity has such a strong mind? I think she can fend for herself.

Edited by william, 18 July 2006 - 12:51 PM.

#11 william

• 145 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:10 AM

(infernity)
This would be an absolute imposition towards it, the fact they have these tones of kids and all, not talking of it they can't enforce their laws there.

Do they use the kibbutz as a part of the welfare system in Israel?

In fact I do now for...like 12 years.

You weren't born on the kibbutz then? Was it imposed on you?

Oh I studied in such extent it goes out of my ears and I can't wait to get out!
Amazing how one's secret is known to the entire Kibbutz members a day after, they gossip all day.

I read about the gossip problem in the book I have called Kibbutz Goshen: An Israeli Commune (1989), by Alison M. Bowes, a social anthropologist who studied the kibbutz in 1974-75. I believe a problem like gossip - as well as other negative aspects of kibbutz living - can be changed through proper education over time. What do you think?

I don't know where you read all these stuff, a religious family raises religious children, and none-religious families raise none-religious children.

I've read there are some religious kibbutzim in Israel. Do they still exist?

oh well now in war time, I prefer this area

Are you in an area that's being hit by Hezbollah rockets?

I have been giving only this issue more thought then you probably gave to everything you had seen in your life!

I'm much older than you so this is impossible. All I do is spend my time studying. I watch very little TV and have no other major distractions. You should keep an open mind to religious matters. That's the best advice I can give you.

#12 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (william)
It's the other way around. I presented you and the others with a most logical and well reasoned argument with a link to a piece of literature that just couldn't be disputed. Not even Live Forever attempted to answer after he said he would read the article.

Truthfully, I forgot to read it. You have posted so many links I forget which is which, but I looked back and found out you meant this one

I do not have time to go point by point through absolutely everything that is wrong with the article, but I will lay out some of the many things that are incorrect about it. Perhaps then you can quit dodging other people's questions.

The article starts out mentioning how fast the earth is going, and then trying to relate that to being amazing that we do not feel how fast the earth is traveling. Of course any scientist can explain the reasons for this, which have been known for many hundreds of years now, so I will not go into the physics right here, this type of stuff can be found many other places. Suffice it to say, however, this is a very bad analogy by the author.

The second section of the article tries to state assumptions about whether we are a unique planet or not in the grand scheme of the universe. Since our telescopes are only now beginning to be able to see the outlines of the very largest planets from the very closest solar systems, I think it would be best to reserve judgement on the uniqueness (or not) of out planet until more information is available. No one (on either side) of this question has enough data to back up their assertions.

In the next section ("Who's in the cockpit?") they attempt to say that since the Earth has an "autopilot" (keeps going around the sun, spinning, etc.) that there must be something controling it. This is the same type of argument that order cannot come out of disorder, and other similar arguments. There are plenty of examples (the observations of the formations of galaxies, etc.) of order coming from chaos, the thing you have to look at is whether it is a closed or open system, so that it will not violate the second law of thermodynamics. They say nothing that convinces me that earth is not formed by random chance.

I am not going to go on with this. The rest of the article is similarly as skewed. Some of the statements made are very broad and do not provide supporting evidence for their arguments, others are sufficiently pseudo-scientific to raise the eyebrows of any good scientist, I suspect. I also find the whole analogy of Earth to a spaceship to be rather strange, and many of the sub-analogies seem a bit forced.

In any event, I don't have the time to go through each and every thing that they raise, but it is not scientifically sound by any means.

#13 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:25 AM

Ph boy oh boy, this argue is so vain it makes me laugh out.

I doubt she's read as much or thought as much about it as me.

Don't, for all you read so far was not even correct.

I have read a number of accounts of people being dissatisfied with kibbutz life. That could be due to characterological problems or due to deficiencies in education that can be remedied in the future through a change in parenting practices and proper education. Conditions in Israel may change in the future - as I'm sure they will - making kibbutz living more attractive. Right now capitalism and its material pleasures holds sway.

Most of the people unsatisfied are just like all humans, love to complain. Anyway, the school over here is the best school in the area, and MANY pupils come from the close city and further (up to a hour drive), even when they have dozens of schools 5 minutes from them, the education is perfectly ok.

Every year, there are less kibbutzim in fact, they ALL are in privatization process, and their nature fades. ALL. Because none works too well, there is more profit otherwise.

I'm not an admirer of capitalism or materialism. I leave that to the capitalists, burgeosie, and lumpen proletariat.

You see, Israel never followed YOUR suggestions.

You weren't born on the kibbutz then? Was it imposed on you?

Oh no, my parents and I had a long discussion when I was 4 and a half, whether I want to live in a kibbutz.. what do you think?!
And, I was born in Holland.
Why? Are you worried somebody might in fact be converted? I thought infernity has such a strong mind? I think she can fend for herself.

No it's just that you waste your time.
Do they use the kibbutz as a part of the welfare system in Israel?

Welfare system...? I believe not.
I read about the gossip problem in the book I have called Kibbutz Goshen: An Israeli Commune (1989), by Alison M. Bowes, a social anthropologist who studied the kibbutz in 1974-75. I believe a problem like gossip - as well as other negative aspects of kibbutz living - can be changed through proper education over time. What do you think?

The education is well, what I say is, there is no privacy.
I've read there are some religious kibbutzim in Israel. Do they still exist?

No longer as an actual kibbutz, they all vanish, as the rest.
Are you in an area that's being hit by Hezbollah rockets?

No.
I'm much older than you so this is impossible.

And arrogant too.
All I do is spend my time studying. I watch very little TV and have no other major distractions.

Same. But same way you are wiser than me, I appear to be more intelligent, I find more credible sources to rely my studies on.

You should keep an open mind to religious matters. That's the best advice I can give you.

If that's the best advice you can give me, you are not wise at all. The advice of drinking and having sex while I'm mad was better than it, honestly.

-Infernity

#14 william

• 145 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:02 AM

(Live Forever)
others are sufficiently pseudo-scientific to raise the eyebrows of any good scientist,

Then how do you explain such an eminent scientist as Sir Fred Hoyle arriving at the conclusion he did? Notice the part of the article where it says:

'When Sir Fred Hoyle, the renowned British astrophysicist and mathematician, examined the different settings that regulate our planet and the rest of the universe, he marveled:

"A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with the physics, as well as the chemistry and biology [of the universe], and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature . . . The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question" ("The Universe: Past and Present Reflections," Engineering and Science, November 1981).'

Do you call this pseudo-scientific reasoning? Have you ever considered that it might be you who is employing pseudo-scientific reasoning?

I also find the whole analogy of Earth to a spaceship to be rather strange, and many of the sub-analogies seem a bit forced.

It's nothing more than an analogy. It's the writer's method of explaining his material and making his point. I thought his analogy was a good one. Highly creative in fact.

You got to ask yourself if you're not just following along with the anti-God crowd when you dismiss well reasoned articles showing the existence of a Creator. The evidence is just too substantial and too compelling to be denied. Peer pressure and threat to social status can be the only logical explanation for your reasoning in my opinion.

#15 william

• 145 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:36 PM

(infernity)
Don't, for all you read so far was not even correct.

True, most of what I read was observed and written before you were born. That's why I'm questioning you and asking for your opinion. I have read about the privatization of the kibbutz and their straying from the Utopian ideal they were meant to be.
Every year, there are less kibbutzim in fact, they ALL are in privatization process, and their nature fades. ALL. Because none works too well, there is more profit otherwise.

Maybe this will all change in the near future and the kibbutzim will be required to revert back to their old ways when they were considered a model of what socialism was suppose to be like. The experts say the earth's resources can't sustain the present level of materialistic consumption. Something has got to give. The people are too greedy. Don't you think the old way kibbutzim could be used as model for a restrained consumption of natural resources and a simplified, less acquisitive way of life?
You see, Israel never followed YOUR suggestions.

That's not what they say. They say the kibbutzim worked well for a time before you were born. I have a copy of an entry from Compton's Encyclopedia (1984) that says the Israeli kibbutzim were the world's best example of voluntary socialism. Maybe bad, greedy children always dissatisfied and complaining screwed up everything. What do you think?
And, I was born in Holland.

Are you bi-lingual or tri-lingual? When did you learn English?
there is no privacy.

Do you know of a website that gives a layout of a kibbutz? You know shows the buildings and grounds and what the homes look like. Is the computer you use yours or does it belong to the kibbutz for communal use?
And arrogant too.

I think not. If I've appeared arrogant, it's only because I'm arguing with the arrogant and must use their methods on occasion. In other words, defensive arrogance if you will. Have you ever heard of the psychological defense mechanism called "Projection"? Isn't it possible you and the others are wrongfully projecting your arrogant attitudes and feelings onto me?
Same. But same way you are wiser than me, I appear to be more intelligent, I find more credible sources to rely my studies on.

There's a little truth to what you say here. I'm currently in the process of updating my knowledge of some things on this computer. I just started to learn to use this computer around January 16th or 17th of this year. As you say this wouldn't apply to the wisdom that comes with age and experience.
The advice of drinking and having sex while I'm mad was better than it, honestly.

I never gave you any advice about you drinking and having sex while being mad. I would've told you not to drink and have sex when you're crazy and to see a psychiatrist instead. If I was your Dad I would paddle your hinder.

#16 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:09 PM

That's not what they say. They say the kibbutzim worked well for a time before you were born. I have a copy of an entry from Compton's Encyclopedia (1984) that says the Israeli kibbutzim were the world's best example of voluntary socialism. Maybe bad, greedy children always dissatisfied and complaining screwed up everything. What do you think?

It DID work, it did fill it's purpose THEN. The purpose was to build Israel as a social place for Jew workers can settle, that is what it was, but things change, and it will never return.

Now let me tell you why Israel used to be filled with socialistic streams.
One of the Nazi argues were that Jewish people do everything for money and cheat poor people for their own good, and steals from them, and tricks them.
Since the Jewish people heard that is what they are blamed for, the thought "hmm, if we shall have social attitudes, and one will give what he can and take what he needs, we will show the world, we are no stealers and so, we support equal amount of everything for all".
Are you bi-lingual or tri-lingual? When did you learn English?

I can only understand Dutch, not speak it. I have a real hard time speaking.
I learnt English by reading and participating net discussions. If you look at my first posts, you'll find how bad my English was.
Do you know of a website that gives a layout of a kibbutz? You know shows the buildings and grounds and what the homes look like. Is the computer you use yours or does it belong to the kibbutz for communal use?

Don't you get it?!?!? Do you think I am some poor living in a place where my stuff are not only mine?! The kibbutz does NOT have the same nature it used to have in the past times!!! This is my very own computer, and my things are my very own things! The specialties of the kibbutz are that this is like a town with democratic nature, and the money earned is all accumulated and given to it's members the same, considering the number of children.
And no, I have no such website, and don't bother looking, they have picture of like 10 years ago if not more.
I think not. If I've appeared arrogant, it's only because I'm arguing with the arrogant and must use their methods on occasion. In other words, defensive arrogance if you will. Have you ever heard of the psychological defense mechanism called "Projection"? Isn't it possible you and the others are wrongfully projecting your arrogant attitudes and feelings onto me?

I think not.
I never gave you any advice about you drinking and having sex while being mad. I would've told you not to drink and have sex when you're crazy and to see a psychiatrist instead. If I was your Dad I would paddle your hinder.

I never said you said that, I said that even this silly advice was better!
You aren't my dad, and I am so glad.

-Infernity

#17 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (william)
(Live Forever)

Then how do you explain such an eminent scientist as Sir Fred Hoyle arriving at the conclusion he did? Notice the part of the article where it says:

'When Sir Fred Hoyle, the renowned British astrophysicist and mathematician, examined the different settings that regulate our planet and the rest of the universe, he marveled:

"A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with the physics, as well as the chemistry and biology [of the universe], and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature . . . The numbers one calculates from the facts seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question" ("The Universe: Past and Present Reflections," Engineering and Science, November 1981).'

Do you call this pseudo-scientific reasoning? Have you ever considered that it might be you who is employing pseudo-scientific reasoning?

It's nothing more than an analogy. It's the writer's method of explaining his material and making his point. I thought his analogy was a good one. Highly creative in fact.

You got to ask yourself if you're not just following along with the anti-God crowd when you dismiss well reasoned articles showing the existence of a Creator. The evidence is just too substantial and too compelling to be denied. Peer pressure and threat to social status can be the only logical explanation for your reasoning in my opinion.

William, one scientist rejecting something is not uncommon. In fact, it happens all the time. You could find a scientist to support just about any crackpot theory you have, especially if that scientist was making money off lectures and books (as Sir Fred Hoyle was) with the explanations they offer. The thing to take in to account is what most scientists say on the matter. The consensus is what matters.

This is one of the reasons I didn't take the time to dismantle the whole paper that you posted, William. It feels like I waste my breath when I respond to you, because it doesn't matter how much proof I offer (or others offer) it is never enough for you, and you always have a way to hold on your beliefs in the face of evidence. That is fine, you can go ahead and do that, but it is very tiring to have someone that, no matter how much evidence and facts you show them, continue to rely on the writings of, or pseudo scientific evidence of others instead of thinking for themselves. As such, please quit asking us to look at your links and stuff if you are not going to take critisism of them seriously when provided with them, that is why people ignore the links you post.

As for what you say about peer pressure, I guarantee that is not the case. In fact, peer pressure is more likely to make me not want to believe something. I think that you have been brainwashed by some religious people, as I once was. I guarantee you that I have spent many, many, many hours looking over the evidence on both sides, really wanting to believe in the "Christian God", but the evidence just came up lacking. This was the result of a very personal journey for me, and I promise you that peer pressure had absolutely nothing to do with it. I know I have said all this before, but you must not have understood, william, or have forgotten, if you think in any way my decision is based on peer pressure. I know that you will not, but if you did take an honest look at your beliefs, and weigh them against all the evidence, I know that you would see things the same way.

The only reason I was showing you I took a look at the article you presented, was to allow you to answer inarchunite's question that you keep ducking, but I guess that you do not have a good answer, which is fine, but that was why I was doing it, not to be ridiculed.

#18 william

• 145 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:10 AM

(Live Forever)
You could find a scientist to support just about any crackpot theory you have, especially if that scientist was making money off lectures and books (as Sir Fred Hoyle was) with the explanations they offer. The thing to take in to account is what most scientists say on the matter. The consensus is what matters.

Can you direct me to some literature that says Sir Fred Hoyle was making money off of books and lectures on crackpot theories? Does this Wikipedia entry, at http://en.wikipedia..../Sir_Fred_Hoyle, sound like he advocates crackpot theories? There's a large number of scientists supporting creation or intelligent design ideas these days. There's nothing new or crackpot about it. If you would've read further you would've seen this to be true. In fact, I'm sure you're aware of it.

The only reason I was showing you I took a look at the article you presented, was to allow you to answer inarchunite's question that you keep ducking, but I guess that you do not have a good answer, which is fine, but that was why I was doing it, not to be ridiculed.

I think I answered inarchunites question fairly on the existence of God with that article. As far as me proving my religious beliefs are better than others would take a major comparative analysis in religions study to satisfy him. I have, however, been trying to show in my posts the excellent qualities of the Bible for supporting and maintaining a society dedicated to longevity that is unmatched by any other religion.

#19 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (william)
There's a large number of scientists supporting creation or intelligent design ideas these days. There's nothing new or crackpot about it.

This statement alone shows how little you trust real science to make your decisions. You are resigned to believe in myth and mysticism, which is fine, but just don't try to justify it scientifically, because it doesn't work.

I believe I am done wasting my time on trying to convince you of anything, since you do not listen to reason, but prefer to believe your outdated myths and religious poppycock as opposed to facts and proof. Perhaps we can speak on other topics in the future, but I am leaving this topic because I feel as if I am hitting my head against a wall.

#20 william

• 145 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 01:47 AM

(infernity)
It DID work, it did fill it's purpose THEN. The purpose was to build Israel as a social place for Jew workers can settle, that is what it was, but things change, and it will never return.

But do you think the kibbutz idea could work again if Israeli society and the world suffered a major breakdown from warfare, disease epidemics, pollution, and global warming similar to what is prophesied in the book of Revelation?

I can only understand Dutch, not speak it. I have a real hard time speaking.
I learnt English by reading and participating net discussions. If you look at my first posts, you'll find how bad my English was.

What is your native language or what was the language you were born and raised in or most fluent in? You still have some problems being understood with your English that you should always be aware of.

Don't you get it?!?!? Do you think I am some poor living in a place where my stuff are not only mine?! The kibbutz does NOT have the same nature it used to have in the past times!!! This is my very own computer, and my things are my very own things! The specialties of the kibbutz are that this is like a town with democratic nature, and the money earned is all accumulated and given to it's members the same, considering the number of children.

I wasn't trying to insult you here. I believe you but I still like to question to make sure.

I think not.

I'm a very humble person and very easy to get along with. In fact, I wouldn't debate as aggressively in person as I do on this computer.

You aren't my dad, and I am so glad.

I know! You wouldn't be able to sit for a month.

#21 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:20 AM

william
If I was your Dad I would paddle your hinder.

Bye bye, William.

#22 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:34 AM

He died for our sins

Are you going to unban him after easter?

scrubba scrubba scrubba

#23 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:38 AM

When the hell is easter again? [lol]

Nah, its just completely inappropriate dialog. It is directed towards the person, and a leader, and a minor. AND it's derogatory. I think we've all had enough of this character. The fundies get really annoying after a while. a-bye-bye

#24 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:47 AM

I agree it was inappropriate, and I almost said something about it when I first read it, but I don't know if it rises to the level of needing to be banned permanently.

As much as I disagree with William, I don't know if he should be banned for this, perhaps just warned sternly, and temporarily banned?

Don't we usually warn someone before banning them? It really isn't going to be any sweat off my back if he stays banned, but it just doesn't seem totally fair to me.

#25 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:55 AM

Let us pray

#26 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2006 - 02:56 AM

I've given him warnings. Any additional complaints about this moderator action can be sent to my PM.

#27 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:21 PM

But do you think the kibbutz idea could work again if Israeli society and the world suffered a major breakdown from warfare, disease epidemics, pollution, and global warming similar to what is prophesied in the book of Revelation?

I think not!
What is your native language or what was the language you were born and raised in or most fluent in? You still have some problems being understood with your English that you should always be aware of.

It is Hebrew.
Right, my English is indeed not perfect. Deal with it.

I'd sacrifice you for Mishakal.
As for now, farewell.

The Goddess doesn't want you around anymore.

-Infernity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users