Photo
- - - - -

Video of Dr. Martine Rothblatt

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:53 AM

The first presentation is Dr. Martine Rothblatt's talk on the Legal Rights of Conscious Computers, now available in all its glory at the following locations:

H.264 Quicktime format - 110mb - If the download is slow, it can also be viewed over at blip.
Windows Media - 110mb
.mp3 - 17mb (sound only)

It is recommended that you choose to "Save" the files rather than stream them online, as they are rather large.

You can also stream the video online on Google.

Also, please let me know if anyone would like to mirror these files, as well as any upcoming ones. I have no problem with storage space, but the issue is bandwidth. I want to ensure that the videos don't take forever for people to download. Thanks!

CALIBAN: Thanks a lot JMorgan! Recorded and added a sound file above

Edited by JMorgan, 17 May 2006 - 07:22 PM.

#2 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:03 AM

Excellent... thanks Joel!

#3 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:16 AM

What compresssion was used? I've only got audio because quicktime cannot find codec.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 JMorgan

• Topic Starter
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:29 AM

Sorry, Matt. I updated the post to say it was compressed using H.264. I understood this to be a good version. Hopefully you can find the codecs you need. Otherwise, if you have a better idea, let me know.

#5 lightowl

• Guest, F@H
  • 767 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:39 AM

I have set up a BitTorrent mirror.

MOV
WMV
MPEG

Posted Image

Edited by lightowl, 29 November 2005 - 10:58 AM.

#6 lightowl

• Guest, F@H
  • 767 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:50 AM

If you like I can set up a torrent with all the presentations in one package. That way people can download it all while sharing bandwidth.

#7 JMorgan

• Topic Starter
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 12:10 PM

Thanks lightowl, but not all the presentations are available yet. I will be posting select presentations first, with Aubrey being the next one, perhaps even by tomorrow.

#8 lightowl

• Guest, F@H
  • 767 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 01:06 PM

No hurry JMorgan, my offer is to collect them when they are all ready and post them as a package. The strength of BitTorrent is in distributing files or packages of 100+ MB. The larger the better. :)

I am currently also distributing the beta of the "Exploring Life-Extension" documentary for imminst. Perhaps imminst could advertise your recordings as a bonus package when the final version of the documentary is released. What does leadership say? Perhaps a bonus DVD could be created?

#9 JMorgan

• Topic Starter
  • 645 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:30 AM

I am geared up for packaging this as a DVD, even if it's only for a select few who want it. There was some interest expressed by attendees at the conference for this.

#10 Bruce Klein

• Guardian Founder
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 01:11 AM

I would like to include Joel's Conference DVD with the ImmInst Film DVD to be mailed to all members by the end of this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users