Photo
- - - - -

Nootropikshop shut down by FDA

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 bobbybanta

• 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 05:34 PM

We heard for months on end about other companies that didn't have pure products. Then Nootropik opened up his own shop, just got busted by the FDA....for unsanitary conditions. You may have bought a pure product, but look at the environment they were in and encapsulated in.

Nootropik is full of schiesse, take a look!

Posted Image

#2 vastman

• 155 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:34 PM

Have mixed emotions on this one... How many of you self-righteous ninnies are capping up your powders in a cGMC clean room? Got any dishes nearby? Smoke? Done your laundry? How often has FDA minipulated/misrepresented/misconstrued the truth? I will reserve judgement pending additional information.

I would rather purchase certified purity, which Nootropik offered rather than some nebulous stuff from who-knows-where trying to max a profit line; impuritys are far cheaper and independent testing ain't cheap. I found his emphasis on this issue sound and it's this issue which is most important to me.

That said, nootropik should have known he was pushing some buttons real hard... He should have been more careful. Funny thing about self-righteousness... often we become overconfident and sloppy. I have found a good dose of humility and vigilance more gratifying. I hope he learns from this. His story and honesty are a rare admission of how low we can sink and still find a way to pull ourselves out of the pit. We've all done foolish things but its not often we are willing to share them so openly.

Nootropik was most likely set up by someone pissed about his allegations and some of us are probably buying from that individual. Makes ya wonder...

Edited by vastman, 02 July 2005 - 06:52 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:11 PM

Nootropik was most likely set up by someone pissed about his allegations and some of us are probably buying from that individual.  Makes ya wonder...

Unless you have proof for such allegations, you should not be making them. I will leave it at that.

#4 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 11:22 PM

Nootropik was most likely set up by someone pissed about his allegations and some of us are probably buying from that individual. Makes ya wonder...

Yes, but that includes just about everyone, so it would be utterly impossible to narrow down the list ;))

#5 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 12:01 AM

Oh the irony.....haha!!!!!

Sweet sweet karma.

#6 mnosal

• 123 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 04:45 PM

That FDA guys handwriting and Spelling are atrocious ;)

It looks like a 2nd Grader made that report.

#7 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2005 - 10:44 PM

That FDA guys handwriting and Spelling are atrocious ;)

It looks like a 2nd Grader made that report.

Yes, that would about fit the profile! [lol]

#8 Cyto

• 1,096 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:19 PM

ummm, so anyone know of a KRALA powder supplier?

#9 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:47 PM

bates: bulknutrition.com and nutraplanet.com maybe some others, check suppliers list

#10 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:51 PM

nutraplanet's is from gernova. At least that's what they told me when I asked.

#11 Cyto

• 1,096 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:22 AM

ah thanks a bunch. Didn't the guy who owns bulknutrition used to post here? Or, is still here and I'm just not remembering the handle used by the individual. heh.

#12 psychenaut

• Life Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:59 PM

No doubt where this comes from :-)

K-RALA Encapsulated Powder

#13 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:59 PM

It's good to see more competition in the noot marketplace. It is even better to see the government forced to back down from their gestapo style tactics.

#14 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:11 PM

Indeed...I know a lot of users here have mixed, or just bad feelings about Adam. But the facts are, in the end, all charges against him were dropped, and he has all his nootropics/supplements back, obviously with fresh supplies as well. He is eager to supply anyone who wants nootropics at a fair price. We can all remember his passion about supplements ;)

Competition is good, for sure. I'm sure this will garner some comments :)

#15 tradewinds

• 32 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:00 AM

I guess I would rather have a guaranteed pure product from nootropikshop which may be packaged in a one bedroom apartment than a product packaged in better conditions from an unknown source. Know what I mean?

Ideally I would like to order from Relentless Improvement for the best of both worlds.... if only they offered bulk!!! Oh well...

I think I will give nootropikshop.com a try. In my experience, if the FDA is against it, the consumer has something to gain from it.

Take care

#16 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:47 AM

^I would agree with you. And just to let you know, Adam's nootropics are not packaged in his one bedroom apartment, they are now packaged in a FDA registered lab. So now you know the source and the conditions of packaging, both of which are excellent ;)

#17 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:14 AM

He really did apologize and was very nice about it.

• Lurker

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:14 AM

It is interesting how user bobbybanta's sole post was associated with publishing that document, which appears to have some fields whitened out. I wonder how he obtained it and who he is..

#19 uniquenutrition

• 155 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:33 PM

It is interesting how user bobbybanta's sole post was associated with publishing that document, which appears to have some fields whitened out. I wonder how he obtained it and who he is..

Adam had that posted on his website for months prometheus.

• Lurker

Posted 21 February 2006 - 09:07 PM

Thanks for the clarification. [wis]

#21 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:51 PM

yeah, tradewinds = adam
he keeps coming back in different forms...reminds me of terminator :)

#22 uniquenutrition

• 155 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:22 PM

yeah, tradewinds = adam
he keeps coming back in different forms...reminds me of terminator

Yeah, he comes back only to die again. [thumb]

#23 nootropicgod

• 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 03:05 AM

Only to be reborn.

• Lurker

Posted 17 April 2006 - 05:07 AM

Only to be reborn.

Hmm.. As the green font?

Can't say I blame you. If Edward gets away with pretending he is Steve Sliwa or Lee Crost it really does not make any difference that we have suspended LifeMirage. He just comes back to post under the uniquenutrition account or who else knows what other aliases..

#25 nootropicgod

• 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:01 AM

Can't say I blame you. If Edward gets away with pretending he is Steve Sliwa or Lee Crost it really does not make any difference that we have suspended LifeMirage. He just comes back to post under the uniquenutrition account or who else knows what other aliases..

Is there a real Steve, Lee, or Edward?

Haven't you guys looked any of these guys up yet?

#26 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:28 AM

Is there a real Steve, Lee, or Edward?

Haven't you guys looked any of these guys up yet?

Can someone check this guys IP adress. It certainly looks like Adam, but it would be easy to spoof him. These type of posts are appearing on rec.drugs.smart with the same e-mail adress as nootropicgod ranting about heavy metals and Adam has posted after the rants saying that he does not have a yahoo e-mail adress (which is nootropicgod's).

#27 jaydfox

• 6,214 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:54 AM

The IP address shown by the forum software is 208.54.95.129, which shows up as T-Mobile (Washington state) in some whois databases, and as unallocated in others. Geobytes locates the IP in New York, NY. Another IP locator says "m815f36d0.tmodns.net (208.54.95.129) is located in Richardson, Texas, United States."

However, in an ironic twist, the IP address used to register the account was 24.148.62.20, which *surprise surprise* shows up as Chicago, Illinois.

Even without this last piece of evidence, if I had to guess, I'd say this is LifeMirage (Steve or Edward; I don't see Lee being this petty) posing as Adam. After all, LifeMirage, just before he left, registered adamkamil@aol.com and claimed that he could be reached at that address (along with uniquenutrition@aol.com, lifemirage@tmo.blackberry.net, and leemcrost@aol.com [or was it @gmail.com?], IIRC).

I'm locking the account down, but please don't jump to the conclusion that this is Adam. As you say Scott, it would be easy to spoof Adam, and LifeMirage certainly has displayed the sort of inanity in the past to pull a stunt like this. And the fact that the account was registered by someone in Chicago (trying to spoof their IP as being from New York) doesn't help matters.

Edward or Steve, please grow up.

#28 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:31 PM

However, in an ironic twist, the IP address used to register the account was 24.148.62.20, which *surprise surprise* shows up as Chicago, Illinois.

Actually Jay as much as I've had my differences with Adam, this is what I kinda expected--one of the chicago--multiple personalities.

• Lurker

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:25 AM

Even without this last piece of evidence, if I had to guess, I'd say this is LifeMirage (Steve or Edward; I don't see Lee being this petty) posing as Adam.

In fact I do not see this as Lee or even Steve.. It can only be from the one who appears to remain silent, the one who does not have an account anywhere as himself but constantly hides behind the accounts of others as he frenziedly scurries across the web in search of validation.

The paragon of piracetam, the champion of choline, the nebulous nameless noisemaking nooterrorist!

Edward Younan.

(The terrified, ineffectual little creature clicking away on his blackberry device from the shadows of Chicago)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:18 PM

Dude! I finally get to reply to this topic!

It was not the FDA that shut down nootropikshop! It was the FDA of California - or the California Department of Heath. And dude, they totally dropped all the charges and gave me back all the products -- and allowed me to resume business as long as package stuff in an FDA registered facillity. Man, they made it sound like I lived in a pig style or something! They called my mortal and pestle part of the encapsulation machine! WTF. Well anyways, bobby banta also forgot to include the most important part of the report of observations! The part where they said nootropics don't work!

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users