A few personal thoughts...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
306 replies to this topic

#181 LifeMirage

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:52 AM

100% Opales you would put Sherlock Homes to shame.

#182 brizzadizza

• 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:18 AM

Hi all,

I've lurked around this forum for quite awhile. As far as I know this is my first post, but I've read through the forum pretty extensively and have followed this thread in particular very closely and it amazes me that I'm the first one to say this, but you've got to be kidding. I'm sorry Opales, I think you had it right with your initial scepticism of LifeMirage. Your final assessment of the situation seems at the very least convoluted. The writing style of Edward on the google forums and Lee Crost on this forum are similar enough that I feel confident the same person wrote them. Maybe he tried to write as a character to change it up, but Edwards statements on rec.drugs.smart mirror very closely LifeMirage's statements midway through this very thread (when he went on the attack against Adam, consider the "retard" retort.)

Further the "sharing" email address excuse holds very little water. Anyone can start a hotmail account in roughly three minutes, and hotmail has been around for years now, there exists no plausible reason to share an email address, especially across the three seperate forums brought up in this thread. We have to consider the conveniently missing google post luckily archived by Bruce Klein and verified by Ajnast4r, we have to consider the less than professional responses from Lifemirage time and again with the exceedingly weak defense of "I'd like to see how you respond after your daughter is threatened."

Lifemirage has time and again employed the five D's of argumentation in an attempt to circumvent the growing volume of evidence against him (for those out of the know the five d's are duck dodge dive dip and dodge. :)) I will not hypothesize one way or another regarding LifeMirage's degree, but I think this thread demonstrates very well that LifeMirage has been caught misrepresenting himself to some degree and is now trying desperately to maintain face or some other intangible thing which I know not.

While Occam's Razor is certainly not the be all end all proof of an inductive argument, I think it can be adequately used here. We are faced with the explanation, cross-referenced across three very similar sites that the person using the handle LifeMirage has identified himself differently in each specific forum as a Practicing Medical Doctor with patients, as a twenty something ex-brain damage victim miraculously cured by nootropic therapy, and as a consultant at a health supplement market (am I incorrect in thinking a retail shop not unlike GNC?) Or we have the alternate hypothesis: Lee Crost allowed Edward, his then coworker, to use his email address or his google account to post messages in rec.drugs.smart and mindmenders, completely forgot about Edward's posts, denied having any knowledge of who could have possibly posted the previously mentioned posts until Opales put it all together (a little fishy considering the extensive memory improvements he should have recieved through the regular use of his nootropic stack.) And then (probably his stack kicking in) remembered he worked with this Edward guy! Stupendous and wholly unbelievable.

We've been decieved. And so what? LifeMirage duped us. Good job. Five months ago I google searched nootropics, I was directed to this forum, I changed my major, bought some piracetam (it doesn't do very much so far as I can tell) and decided I wanted to develop a way to significantly improve human cognitive capabilities (an admittedly nebulous concept, but hey, shoot the moon.) We don't have to support LifeMirage just because he's posted alot. We should expect him to maturely and coherently deal with the evidence presented before him, something he most certainly has not done. Something we should expect of anyone and everyone who posts here and has a contention come up. This backpedalling for LifeMirage's benefit serves only to obscure the truth and offer easy outs for what appears to be a huckster caught red handed. Thank you,
Brandon

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#183 LifeMirage

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:21 AM

Hi Adam....hows your day going?

#184 brizzadizza

• 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:29 AM

I've been very forthcoming with my information. Anyone can check my profile to determine my identity, in fact I invite you to :)

#185 LifeMirage

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:32 AM

Yeah saw you fill that in after leaving the post Adam....nice try.

#186 brizzadizza

• 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:37 AM

As I said via PM, I am not who you think I am. Citing Occam's Razor again, we are faced with the explanations of
1. I am Adam and have made an elaborate ruse attempting to convince you otherwise including linking to a complete strangers myspace profile (probably because he's so devilishly handsome with that stately beard.)
2. You're not immediately respected by everyone who reads this board and you've garnered unfavorable response from at least one member who felt the need to express himself (maturely I might add) and consequently created his account for that express purpose, I look forward to participating. :)

#187 LifeMirage

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:38 AM

Adam you get old fast you know.

#188 LifeMirage

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:39 AM

I have more respect from people than you could ever hope to have in your entire lifetime. You don't even have any degree.

#189 brizzadizza

• 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:42 AM

If I were you and I cared about properly presenting myself I would address the issues BrizzaDizza (thats me!) brought up and being innocent as I am (I being you, pronouns are awesome) summarily demolish each and every argument brought against me with the magnificent powers of logic and evidence. But thats just me, if I were you that is.

[SIZE=1]edited to correct misspelling as per LifeMirage's request, I will try to be more careful in the future. :)[SIZE=1]

Edited by brizzadizza, 28 February 2006 - 07:14 AM.

#190 LifeMirage

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:43 AM

Too bad you're not a full member, you could see the voting going on against Adam Kamil.

#191 LifeMirage

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:48 AM

If I were you and I cared about properly presenting myself I would address the issues BrizzaDizza (thats me!) brought up and being innocent as I am (I being you, pronouns are awesome) summararily demolish each and every argument brought against me with the magnificent powers of logic and evidence. But thats just me, if I were you that is.

Its called spell check Adam.

#192 brizzadizza

• 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 06:57 AM

Out of respect for this board I will not argue against being Adam any more. I am not Adam. That's all that can be said regarding that. I will say that you have not yet addressed the issues brought up throughout this thread in the last ten pages. You have retorted time and again with accusations of other people misrepresenting themselves, you have ad hominem attacked myself and several other posters and in my opinion done more damage to your standing then Adam Kamil could have possibly done even given absolute free reign to post whatever drivel he could possibly dream up. You are not the board pariah, you are (soon to be were) a respected member of this board who could have eloquently expressed himself and swayed many peoples opinion of you the other way, instead you responded childishly and assumed the position of the persecuted victim of administration gone mad! I do not believe you should be given special privelege simply because you've posted 1453 posts (at the time of this message.) You are not behaving like an adult and allegations have been brought against you which could have been demonstrated false days ago. You did not demonstrate them to be false. Stop playing the victim.
Brandon

#193 LifeMirage

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:04 AM

Adam you have no life, do you?

#194 doublebock

• 26 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:49 AM

Trying to incessantly absorb as much information as I've been able to after finding this incredible forum sometime in January, I too just signed up for membership. (I am qewl in betterhumans.com, if any BH readers). I intended to make a formal intro first (but later works too), but shell shocked about this whole incident, I also wanted to add something here that I found rather dubious. First off, I must agree with brizzadizza, whom I have no doubt is not Adam, that there are still quite a few details that just don't solidify.

First, from what we know, I think it's rather safe to say LM is Lee Crost M.D. from Albany Medical College, which he lists on his brainmeta.com profile. Something rather shady, however, pops up on the Sherwin's About Us link on their website. Take a look at the latest google cache at bottom.

But now, if you go to that page on sherwyns.com, BAM, no more Lee Crost as a vitamin consultant.
This whole incident is rather unsetteling, as yes, while researching supplements, I've began taking some, and have had LM's self regime printed out next to me as a guide. I'm only taking now Ortho-core, EPA/DPA, spirulina+chlorella, 500mg inositol, 500mg carnosine, serrapeptase and extra magnesium for chronic muscle spasms, and 1 mito-gold before work-outs, which isn't much compared to some stacks here, and from the research I've done, they all appear relatively safe. But referring to LM's list, under the impression he's a serious anti-aging doctor with thousands of patients and leading studies in med. journals, when he could be misrepresenting himself from a med school grad who's just working in some vitamin shop guestimating supplementation on asking customers how they liked their supps and his results, etc.would be a total sham. LM has not been showing dignity, has been completely undermining his credibility, and is behaving at a low-level with his language and attacks as duke has repeatedly pointed out. It doesn't seem to exemplify a hyper-intelligent being, as does his defense of his crediblitly based on his degree(s)/iq/etc.

LM: You don't even have any degree.

I cannot understand why posts are 'coincidentally' disappearing, he's disappeared from Sherwyns.com, and he just so happens to remember having a coworker with memorably unique TBI's, only after Opales pointed it out. If we can get a sufficient explanation to all these things, then we can apologize, though I'm not sure LM is irrefutably owed total indemnification after all this confusion. Sure enough, I'll be called Adam too. Answers please, this is a serious dilemma.

Attached Files

• Attached File  lm1.jpg   69.75KB   1 downloads

#195 doublebock

• 26 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:53 AM

And the current page on sherwyns.com:

Attached Files

• Attached File  lm2.jpg   64.38KB   1 downloads

#196 arcticjoe

• 101 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 10:25 AM

I must admit that reading LMs "retorts" gives one a strange impression he is trying to avoid some issues imposed by previous posters / is not being entirelly honest. There had been some very interesting points raised by some posters and to quote brizzadizza "Lifemirage has time and again employed the five D's of argumentation in an attempt to circumvent the growing volume of evidence against him (for those out of the know the five d's are duck dodge dive dip and dodge".
I can only speculate why that is and if LM really wants to end this dispute all he needs to do is bless some objective and trustworthy admin person with proof of his qualifications and proof that he is actually the man on the certificate (e.g. do a live webcam session or something).

#197 opales

• 892 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:57 PM

One particularly convinient thing about my theory that it explains most everything at least somewhat plausibly.

If my theory is not true, I do not know what to make of all this. Is Edward LifeMirage? Or is LifeMirage Lee Crost a 20 year old brain trauma recoveree who does not have a degree? What about these external accounts, or the verification by Steve Sliwa? Is LifeMirage and Steve Sliwa the same person? Or are LifeMirage and Steve in this together making dough from gullible internet dwellers and laughing their asses off? Are Lee, Edward and Steve all different persons and in this together? Is Sherwyn staff involved in this? Is Lifemirage really Edward and has the real Lee Crost chopped up in his refridgerator and has been impersonating him for years, and even fooling Steve? So in that sense I think Occam is on my side, that is, even though suspicions forwarded here might explain some parts of the picture more parsimoniously, to explain the overall picture you would have to make some pretty wild extra hypotheses.

I agree that in this thread LM has acted more like a 20 year old recovering brain trauma patient than an almost 40 year old high iq MD. And his previous lack of remembrance of these issues is peculiar to say the least, especially as he cites the google group message three years earlier as evidence of account mix-up, yet that VERY SAME POST was the one put forward by Tracewinds earlier in this thread to what LifeMirage's comment was: "Anyone can create a fake e-mail address". However, I think these things can also be explained by mere human factors, namely, a people tend to get defensive in face of accusations.

However if it should happen so that this turned out be one the worse case scenarios, I will be suggesting that ImmInst puts forward a police investigation despite possible initial damage. Merely banning posting is not sufficient punishment IMO for what would in the outside world clearly be interpreted as criminal behaviour.

#198 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:19 PM

Jesus.

You guys are like little kids.

Why would anyone here lie or try to harm?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?!

This was the Immortality Institute that last time I checked for Christ's sake!

-Infernity

#199 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:38 PM

Jesus.

This was the Immortality Institute that last time I checked for Christ's sake!

-Infernity

right on infernity!

These pissing contests aren't helping

#200 LifeMirage

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:00 PM

Already listed on this thread is several people who have met me in real life, I gave a Leader MIND my State ID and proof of my degree and he checked it and approved, and I also offer it to anyone else......what else can you expect from me?

#201 LifeMirage

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:11 PM

As far as my postings in this thread my anger is directed towards Adam Kamil and anyone supporting someone who would threaten to kill an innocent baby. I apologize for posting in anger in this thread.

Is your daugher worth dying for nootropi [ Add to Buddies ] Aug 17 2005-20:44

...if you could save her in time?

Group: -suspended-

#202 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:26 PM

one thing I always thought about scientist or imortalists for that matter is that the collectivity of pompous egos, unstable emotionally, egocentric to the exteme, and uncooperative minds always has to have a "rouge" manager somewhow who may be not as credentialed like them, who they may not dim worthy, but in essence is the practical guy, the rely on him, he guides their ship, they are always superised how he can see further. so maybe LM is that kind of guy here. throw guys like LM overboard and your ship is heading for the rocks faster than captain cook headed for polinisean bellies.

Although I now view Life Mirage as not being entirely forthcoming (which was not my original position), I still believe that his guilt or innocence in this matter is irrelevant.

Nootropics clearly brings up liability issues. Also, the nootropics community is of a somewhat different orientation than the rest of the Immortalist crowd. So...

The nootropics community brings *risks* and differing interests (and head aches, don't forget the head aches) to the table in return for short term monetary and traffic flow gains. In the end this leads me to the position that the current ImmInst community should be split in two, with the nootropics community establishing its own *separate and distinct* web presence.

#203 LifeMirage

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:34 PM

I think thats a good idea Don.

#204 LifeMirage

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:35 PM

Some interesting pm's Adam has sent me in the past.

You better watch yourself, my friend, or the Immortality Institute won't even come up in google prettty soon. For now it's all about the google groups (they are free).

nootropi [ Add to Buddies ] Aug 16 2005-23:56 

Take care, and best wishes for your daughter; but you are running out of time here kiddo.

Adam Kamil

nootropi [ Add to Buddies ] Aug 17 2005-00:36 

LifeMirage,

This is your last chance before I never work with your institute unless you publicly apologize.

I will shut it down in the name of God and introduce to the planet what will make immist look like a spec of sand (I probably shouldn't say that, but you don't even know how many lives you have endangered): And my family has and will saved more lives than yours every will and you know it.

nootropi [ Add to Buddies ] Aug 17 2005-12:34 

#205 xanadu

• 1,917 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:48 PM

Looks like the matter has been settled. LM has proven his identity and that he has an MD. Several members have attested to the fact they met him in real life at the place he says he works. He has offered so fax his credentials and people have taken him up on it. What is left to discuss? Only thing remaining is a bunch of newly registered trolls, obvioulsy Adam himself. I believe he is the troll who has been infesting this site with misinformation and malice for some time. He has attacked me among others.

I say restore LM to his former status posthaste, that is if he is still willing to stay. Please stay on, LM, you are a valuable member and source of info. If you won't take back your advisor status, at least post from time to time though I hope to see you here as much as before. Don't let this incident sour you on everything else. Adam is apparently very crafty in the ways of manipulation and we can't blame the people he confused.

Just my 2 cents worth.

#206 focus

• 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:50 PM

I have read 8 pages on this same topic as the leadership group thrashed this out. It was brought into a public forum and now we are all discussing it. Some of the discussion is not at an adult level true, but it is a highly charged topic, so some of the childish and rude behavior is understandable even if I do not personally agree with it.

I honestly do not know why people on the internet lie a lot, but they do, bogus chat room identies for instance. People try to harm on the internet all the time, virus stuff, malware, spyware, etc. Why would ImmInst be exempted from all of this? People have been banned for misbehavior at ImmInst, and misbehavior what this topic is exploring. One person using multiple identies is very possible here, so it is very hard to know who is really saying what.

The bad things being said in this topic are unfortunate. But until this is resolved, I do not think that we should shut the door on the subject. I am assuming that the leadership group is having discussions on the topic and will let us all know when definite conclusions are reached.

Personally, the thing that bothers me the most in this entire thread is that google group message suddenly being removed, just after Bruce posted it here. That really smells bad IMO.

#207 DJS

• 5,798 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:53 PM

I think thats a good idea Don.

Thank you LM, and I should state that I do not wish to be overly harsh on you but I do disapprove of the way you handle this (admittedly difficult) situation.

Why did you say during your confirmation that you were not in the nootropics/supplements industry when in fact you are?

Second, what evidence do you have to substantiate your claim that there is a plot between Bruce and Adam to "take over" the nootripcs forum here at ImmInst?

Third, why all of the ad hominems against Directors of the Institute?

--------------------------------------
The idea of splitting the nootropics forum off onto its own web site has some obvious advantages for nootropics users. For starters, nootropics would have a greater degree of autonomy and control over how it is regulated and what its objectives are. It would also still be able to generate the revenue it currently generates here on ImmInst (with the added perc of *being able to decide what to do with said money*).

The draw backs all seems to be of the short term variety. Setting up a site, electing a leadership, creating a constitution, transfering data from ImmInst to the new site, etc etc.

Still, at some point, whether it is today or ten years from now, the nootropics community is going to have to learn to spread its wings and fly. Why not now?

#208 kevink

• 184 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:00 PM

Nootropics clearly brings up liability issues.  Also, the nootropics community is of a somewhat different orientation than the rest of the Immortalist crowd.  So...

The nootropics community brings *risks* and differing interests (and head aches, don't forget the head aches) to the table in return for short term monetary and traffic flow gains.  In the end this leads me to the position that the current ImmInst community should be split in two, with the nootropics community establishing its own *separate and distinct* web presence.

Wow - You read my mind. I completely agree.

Anyone care to list off some of the other Health/Nootropic forums happy for a mass migration?

And please - do NOT list Adam's forum. He is clearly a poster child for what NOT to do. All the best to him and his recovery, but the very idea of ImmInst seeing him as somebody to partner with has made their "stock" go way down in my view.

BTW, the last thing I would do on this forum is let anyone (beyond a handful of people on here) know my name, address or occupation specifics.

#209 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:10 PM

Still, at some point, whether it is today or ten years from now, the nootropics community is going to have to learn to spread its wings and fly. Why not now?

1. What would that change wrt the liability issue? Apart from the fact that imminst isn't liable anymore but someone else will ?

2. Probably it is very important, inside or outside imminst, that there's a good community that gives decent advice to future users of supplements, among which are 16 year old "kids".

Edited typo's hiding my non-English background [wis]

Edited by brainbox, 28 February 2006 - 09:25 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#210 brizzadizza

• 51 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:41 PM

Looks like the matter has been settled. LM has proven his identity and that he has an MD. Several members have attested to the fact they met him in real life at the place he says he works. He has offered so fax his credentials and people have taken him up on it. What is left to discuss? Only thing remaining is a bunch of newly registered trolls, obvioulsy Adam himself. I believe he is the troll who has been infesting this site with misinformation and malice for some time. He has attacked me among others.

That's not entirely the case. Lifemirage has proven an identity but he has yet to prove how he is a reliable authority in the nootropic scene. In itself that is not a problem, but given his posting style which relies heavily on his authority status and the fact that he is an often times referenced source it is imperative that we know his actual credentials.

Regarding the trolling, examining the evidence provided and coming to a conclusion is not trolling. I've been reading the nootropic & brain enhancer forum for months now, I understand the zeitgeist of the place and I am allowed to post on a topic when it interests me whether or not I've posted once or 10000 times. I posted because I feel members of this forum were not being critical and that my viewpoint was not being addressed. I haven't brought up any magic evidence, I haven't called any names and I have been mostly polite. Dissent is not trolling.
Brandon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users