14 replies to this topic

#1 kottke

• 246 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

Current Regimen
Awake!
I) 1 x Piracetam 1g (Bulk Nutrition)
II) 1 x Vitamin C 500mgs (Generic USP)
III) 1 x EGCG Green Tea Extract 400mgs (NOW)
IV) 1 x Vitamin D3 2,400 IU (Healthy Origins)
V) 1 x R-Lipoic-Acid 200mgs (GeroNova-Bulk)

Pre workout
I) ½ Serving Whey

Post workout
I) ½ Serving Whey

Breakfast:
I) Fish Oil (anything i gather together)
II) 1 x Ortho Core (AOR)
III) 1 x Deprenyl 5mgs (Apotex-Generic)
IV) 1 x Citicoline 250mgs (Jarrow)

Lunch
i) 1 x Ortho Core (AOR)
I) 1 x Piracetam 1g (Bulk Nutrition)
II) 1 x Vitamin C 500mgs (Generic USP)
III) 1 x R-Lipoic-Acid 200mgs (GeroNova)

Dinner
I) 1 x Ortho Core (AOR)

Before Bed
I) 1 x Vitamin C 500mgs (Generic USP)
II) 1 x Melatonin 750mcg 6hr time release (LEF)

Edited by kottke, 30 July 2007 - 02:24 AM.

#2 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:53 PM

Mod might want to move this to the ole' personal supplement subcategory. Pretty good regimen though.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:25 PM

I'm just curious, why are you taking taurine?

#4 kottke

• Topic Starter
  • 246 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

I'm just curious, why are you taking taurine?

I'm taking the Taurine for its possible anti-anxiety and membrane stabilizing effects. I cant say if I've necessarily felt any releif of anxiety or whether there is even evidence other than anecdotal that it is effective in this area. The membrane stabilizing effects MAY have some benefit and since i have a huge bottle from AOR i thought i might as well use it up. I will discontinue it soon as it runs out

I'm really having a hard time deciding where to put astaxanthin or resveratrol. I havent had enough usage with them to feel and exact effect. I FEEL a bit of increased energy from the astaxanthin but i dont know if its extreme antioxidant power is healthy taken before exercise. I also enjoy a large bowl of oatmeal and fruit before my exercise but i feel that taking my supplements then would have absorption issues. I aslo am not completely clear on the best breakfast before a workout and time in between. Ive only been working out consistently for 4 weeks , which by the way has really changed my life for the better [thumb]

Would taking my sups with a whey shake be effective? Chocolate square and nuts with oatmeal for fat?

8:30, or whatever time, wake up
-Take creatine with juice
-Holosync my head for a bit (meditate)
-Oatmeal, green tea and sups?
-Workout
-Creatine, protein shake, and some sort of protein meal (supplement opportunity?)
-Shower and all that great stuff

Thanks

#5 jdog

• 227 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:00 PM

The catch is i have just started 4 different supplements yesterday and i dont know where to plug them in exactly.

These include: astaxanthine (astavita), resveratrol (country life), 200mg grape seed (activin),  creatine monohydrate (jarrow), and NAC (twinlab).]

The overall list looks fine, but you may want to see if there's a supplement out there that increases math performance. [lol]

Edited by jdog, 31 March 2007 - 03:40 PM.

#6 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 07:36 PM

I'm taking the Taurine for its possible anti-anxiety and membrane stabilizing effects. I cant say if I've necessarily felt any releif of anxiety or whether there is even evidence other than anecdotal that it is effective in this area. The membrane stabilizing effects MAY have some benefit and since i have a huge bottle from AOR i thought i might as well use it up. I will discontinue it soon as it runs out

I advise keeping the taurine, but cutting back to one capsule (and perhaps saving money by buying the Now brand from I-Herb). Oxidized PUFAs or glucose or fructose react with lysine to start the chain leading towards AGEs. But if taurine gets there before lysine you get products that are metabolized to innocuous compounds.

Med Hypotheses. 2005;64(2):394-8.
McCarty MF.
NutriGuard Research, 1051 Hermes Avenue, Encinitas, CA 92024, USA. mccarty@pantox.com

Increased endogenous generation of advanced glycation endproducts (AGEs) contributes importantly to the vascular complications of diabetes, in part owing to activation of the pro-inflammatory RAGE receptor. However, AGE-altered oligopeptides with RAGE-activating potential can also be absorbed from the diet, and indeed make a significant contribution to the plasma and tissue pool of AGEs; this contribution is especially prominent when compromised renal function impairs renal clearance of AGEs. Perhaps surprisingly, foods rich in both protein and fat, and cooked at high heat, tend to be the richest dietary sources of AGEs, whereas low-fat carbohydrate-rich foods tend to be relatively low in AGEs. Conceivably, this reflects the fact that the so-called "AGEs" in the diet are generated primarily, not by glycation reactions, but by interactions between oxidized lipids and protein; such reactions are known to give rise to certain prominent AGEs, such as epsilonN-carboxymethyl-lysine and methylglyoxal. Although roasted nuts and fried or broiled tofu are relatively high in AGEs, low-fat plant-derived foods, including boiled or baked beans, typically are low in AGEs. Thus, a low-AGE content may contribute to the many benefits conferred to diabetics by a genuinely low-fat vegan diet. Nonetheless, the plasma AGE content of healthy vegetarians has been reported to be higher than that of omnivores - suggesting that something about vegetarian diets may promote endogenous AGE production. Some researchers have proposed that the relatively high-fructose content of vegetarian diets may explain this phenomenon, but there so far is no clinical evidence that normal intakes of fructose have an important impact on AGE production. An alternative or additional possibility is that the relatively poor taurine status of vegetarians up-regulates the physiological role of myeloperoxidase-derived oxidants in the generation of AGEs - in which case, taurine supplementation might be expected to suppress elevated AGE production in vegetarians. Thus, a taurine supplemented low-fat vegan diet may be recommended as a strategy for minimizing AGE-mediated complications in diabetics and in patients with renal failure.

PMID: 15607576

#7 kottke

• Topic Starter
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:08 PM

The overall list looks fine, but you may want to see if there's a supplement out there that increases math performance.  [lol]

Yea i actually received 4 supplements but i had some NAC around and well, whatever i threw it in.

I advise keeping the taurine, but cutting back to one capsule (and perhaps saving money by buying the Now brand from I-Herb). Oxidized PUFAs or glucose or fructose react with lysine to start the chain leading towards AGEs. But if taurine gets there before lysine you get products that are metabolized to innocuous compounds.

Good stuff. I knew that it had good effects on the heart so i thought that in itself was a keeper.

So does anyone have any advise on when i should take my sups in the morning based on my morning routine? Ill have my regimen updated either tonight or tomorrow but right now im pressed for time.

#8 kottke

• Topic Starter
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:12 PM

Alright i finally updated my regimen. As does everyone, i have been messing around with some new supplements and switching them around so i hadn't had anything that concrete until now. So far i am very pleased with my stack as it gives me a great amount of energy and certainly helps with my clinical depression.

Jarrow's Mineral Balance is a pretty good all around mix but i know i need something more and i feel that Ortho-Core may be my only solution, its just so damn expensive.
Any advice on a good mix without all the the other added shit (asparagus, crazy herbs, ginseng etc.) would be good.

And of course advice on placement with maximum efficiency i always great. Thanks

#9 kottke

• Topic Starter
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:35 PM

Dramatically decreased my supplement intake to do micro-management issues and just not seeing the need for such overkill. Added Centrum because it has everything you need and i dont have to add other individual vitamins such as selenium ;However, i know it is far from perfect and will switch soon when i got the funds for some core.

1. I added piracetam a week ago and its doing wonders for me so im certainly keeping it. It enhances the effects of the st johns and just makes everything a little bit cooler. Oh and verbal memory is also enhanced greatly

2. Blueberry/Pomegranate extract is a very nice supp and if you got the money should add it in. Blueberries and pomegranate are just great fruits with many documented benefits.

3. Switched from Enzymatic Therapy St. Johns to the more studied batch WS 5570 (Lichtwer Pharma - Kira)

4. Cut the creatine to almost non-significant amounts do to my recent weight gain.

5. Been taking the EGCG extract for a week or so now but cut it down to once a day do to recent concern of liver damage with green tea supplements.

So its all working out pretty well. Advice would be much appreciated

#10 ganeshge

• 45 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:20 PM

I would add 30-40gms of whey protein, since it has shown in many human trials to boose intracellular glutathione as well as, in mice, life span extension also..

#11 kottke

• Topic Starter
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:51 PM

Just making things a whole lot simpler.

Thinking about adding 1mg deprenyl in the morning as well as resveratrol 2x and EGCG 2x a day when i get the cash.

#12 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:53 PM

Do you think you are getting enough Choline to support the 3G of Piracetam? I bought Piracetam (ani & oxi too), Alpha GPC, and Choline Bitartrate from BN a while back. Since I'm running out of the capped Alpha GPC I have been using, I'm finally getting around to capping the Cholines today.

#13 kottke

• Topic Starter
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:41 PM

At first i felt the initial dosing side effects of piracetam and decided to take some choline. Well it worked for awhile but then the choline began to make me a bit anxious and insomniac, not to mention a minor drop after the effects wore off, so i discontinued. I seem to be doing find without it though i may occasionally dose here and there in the morning. Good luck with getting all your "cholines" and such, frankbuzin

#14 kottke

• Topic Starter
  • 246 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:27 PM

Well i switched my regemin up yet again-

-I cut the resveratrol in the evening because it make me agrivated and 100mgs is plenty to get me through my workout. Resveratrol is a powerful supplement that gives me insane endurance and energy. At the same time it can make me angry and agitated which is too bad because it is a freaking cool ass little phytoalexin.

-I just got some ortho core today (finally) and added that in to live a bit better.

-Piracetam began to quickly put me in a depressed state after the St Johns initial, powerful antidepressant effect wore down, so i decided to cut it down significantly to get a bit of its benefits without the depression.

Overall my combination has SIGNIFICANTLY helped my movement issues and I feel it has speedily gotten me to a more normal physiological state that i was in before drug use. I am very blessed from whoever created this world to be where i am right now. The best decision i ever made was to stop pharmaceutical drugs and take the road less traveled :) .

Any suggestions on dosage timing would be great. Thanks

sponsored ad

• Advert

#15 jackj

• 62 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:56 AM

Hi, if you are looking for something to help with body building and movement i would suggest Mucuna pruriens. I find it also help with mood.

High doses initially made me feel very spaced out but i felt like i wanted to communicate. This was good becuase i find noots can make short tempered when tired.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Velvet_bean
http://www.herbal-po...apruriens1.html

Prior to taking it i did minimal working out. Sometimes long walks or a run or maybe a few pushups. I was fairly lean but taking this stuff nearly has me able to rip my old shirts off my shoulders. I've cut back more lately because i don't really want to get a new wardrobe.

One minus might be that its fairly limited as far as studies go. Another is that i find it might be wearing off after 2 or so weeks of taking it regularly. I often take a break now and then.

I'm thinking about trying Alpha GPC soon... i think it might be similar to a combination of pirac and mucuna.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users