Photo
- - - - -

REAL sunless tanner -- Forskolii in "Nature" mag

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#91 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:02 PM

Could you consider posting some before and after photos? Or if you don't have any good before photos just show an after and say what color your skin was before hand. I think I might give coleus a try. If I do, I will make some before and after shots of myself.

#92 goku

• Topic Starter
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:22 AM

Can anyone answer the resveratrol contraindicated with Coleus query I posted?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 chester

• 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:50 PM

goku, I'm not sure but this article may answer your question.

http://www.nature.co...l/5603342a.html

#94 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:13 PM

I can't help noticing some other changes in the physique of that man. The product must have either miraculous effects on fat percentage or they were taken with long intervals in between. Strange.

Yeh, I have seen some crazy before and after shots of MII. So there isn't much one can say about use of 1) and 2)
Here are some pics:
Posted Image
From reading melanotan forums, it seems like there are quite a few side-effects. I would recommend giving 1) and 2) a try before moving on to 3). Good lucky on your tanning though.

#95 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:52 PM

I can't help noticing some other changes in the physique of that man. The product must have either miraculous effects on fat percentage or they were taken with long intervals in between. Strange.

As Maxwatt noted above, cAMP increases fat burning.

#96 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2007 - 07:47 PM

Ah, me bad, overlooked that. It seems to do it at a very significant level.

#97 electric buddha

• 76 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:59 PM

It's an amusing how "looks like someone might have skin cancer" has come to be synonymous with "looks healthy". Not that I'm saying anything against it, what people find attractive is totally subjective and all that. But it's really odd how culture exists so independently of everything else in the world.

#98 chester

• 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 02:43 PM

Brainbox, the above individual was using melanotan II, not coleus. Here is a link to his log and the weight loss was also discussed.

http://melanotan.org...m=1178612608box

#99 teak

• 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:25 AM

I think forskolin  is one of those supplements that needs to be cycled.  Mo more than two weeks on, and at least one week off.  It does increase fat-burning, and results in some weight loss for that reason (cAMP activation), but it loses its effectiveness unless cycled.

Your reasoning for that? Clinical studies into the weight loss with forskolin have normally been 8-12 weeks @ 2x25mg active ed. I thought one of the benefits of forskolin cAMP activation is that it bypasses the normal beta-receptors that the likes of Ephedrine, Clen, etc downregulate causing the reduction in effectiveness?

On another topic, as someone mentioned before, there are 98% extracts out there mainly marketed towards the cosmetics industry for topical use. If people are running normal oral doses with only 10 or 20% extract, any tanning effect might take longer to appear?

#100 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:43 AM

Not that I'm saying anything against it, what people find attractive is totally subjective and all that.

It's subjective but not that subjective, not at all. There might even be an evolutionary reason to find pale people less attractive (maybe they have some terrible disease). Anyway, sensible tanning decreases the risk for other cancers more than it increases the risk for melanoma. Tanning does age the skin, of course.

#101 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:15 AM

Certainly some pale people do have terrible genetically caused and heritable diseases (Xeroderma pigmentosum, as an extreme example).

#102 teak

• 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:16 PM

Not that I'm saying anything against it, what people find attractive is totally subjective and all that.

It's subjective but not that subjective, not at all. There might even be an evolutionary reason to find pale people less attractive (maybe they have some terrible disease). Anyway, sensible tanning decreases the risk for other cancers more than it increases the risk for melanoma. Tanning does age the skin, of course.

It has been suggested that what is considered attractive has changed over the centuries with changes in social lifestyle and standing. Pale suggested you were weathly enough to not have to work outside. Which is why white face makeup for a very pale look was popular for a while. Yet that changed when foreign holidays became popular, as a suntan suggested you could afford to go abroad to hotter countries. Supposedly a similar thing happened with weight. Used to be being larger was seen attractive as it suggested you were wealthy being well fed and not overly worked.

#103 dannov

• 317 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:02 PM

http://www.google.co..."Co... + "bulk"

#104 goku

• Topic Starter
  • 292 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 09:14 PM

I wanna know where a 98% extract of forskolin can be purchased as TEAk suggests -- the 20% extract does seem to work but I get headaches and loose stool if used excessively to the point where it helps me colour skin -- I start to feel ill after a short while -- quite ill actually. Not sure if it's the other ingredients in the coleus that may be causing this rather than the forskolin so looking for something purer out there.

Link me a site if known and I'll experiment and post results for all -- thanks.

#105 dannov

• 317 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:36 PM

I'm sure it's the same, goku, as having too much Resveratrol at 50% extract. It's that other stuff in it most likely...as in Res50's case, Emodin is often common in the other 50% and is a natural laxative (which is actually sold on its own as an extract as well, lol...).

I contacted Sabinsa by phone earlier, but "we only sell to manufacturers." I found a guy on alibaba.com (think that's the site) that had a listing saying that he had 18KG of Forskolin 95%, so I sent him a message asking how much he'd sell a kilo for. Hopefully he'll reply and if he does, I'll go search that link up again and post it here so you can e-mail him too.

#106 lars

• 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:45 AM

lucid, what's the time frame between this pictures and how often did you tan in between?

#107 chester

• 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:40 PM

I googled 98% forskolin and found the following so I have no idea about the labs reputation but the higher quality is obviously way more expensive. https://www.sigmaald...ail/SIGMA/F6886

You may be interested in this thread on the melanotan forum where another individual is having a similar experience with side effects of the 20% extract.
http://melanotan.org...m=1182840295/60

#108 lars

• 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:51 AM

Just noticed this on a post for another sunless tanner:

"FDA Issues Warning Letter to Melanocorp, Inc. For Illegal Sale of Melanotan II "

http://www.fda.gov/b...7/NEW01694.html

#109 dannov

• 317 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:58 PM

Forskolin isn't another sunless tanner, it is an entirely different animal. FDA is issuing a warning because it is a chemical, Forskolin is considered an herb and is more well-known for its ability to raise natural testosterone levels and cause a degree of fat loss.

#110 drunkfunk

• 102 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:17 PM

hey, it's been a while since the last posts, so anybody out there still using forskolin and having any results?

#111 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:09 PM

hey, it's been a while since the last posts, so anybody out there still using forskolin and having any results?

The 98% is too expensive, and the low-concentration extract doesn't work.

#112 Aphrodite

• Guest, F@H
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:46 AM

Scientists may have made an intersting discovery, but it's not ready for humans yet. I was naive and I order some powered forskolin extract. I mixed it into a plain skin lotion and applied it to my face every night for a week. I noticed no change whatsoever. After reading more about it, I realized that the particles are too big to penetrate the skin-- they have to figure out how to allow the extract to reach the lower epidermal layers.

#113 lbarber4

• 51 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:38 AM

I have 3 bottles of a 96 % extract and am willing to sell them. Any who, just pm me if you're interested in buying them, considering I already have the 3 bottles up for sale on anabolicminds...

1 cap=25 mgs of forskolin... 60 caps per bottle.

This stuff works great for fat loss, although just be weary of gastrointestinal distress. When I was supplementing it in, I used to take it with food. Although, the g.i. distress subsided after continuous use...

Edited by lbarber4, 19 May 2008 - 08:39 AM.

#114 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 09:03 AM

Bit of a bump.

Interested to know if anyone is on this, how long they have been on it, what dosage they use and what kind of effects it's had on them.

Also if anyone knows of any side effects please post them here too.

#115 Tomi

• 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:11 PM

Hi guys

My skin type is 2 im always burn:( Froskolin pils is work for people ?

#116 tham

• 1,406 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

Caution should be exercised with forskolin, as cAMP and
protein kinase A upregulation stimulates certain cancers,
particularly pancreatic, prostate and lung adenocarcinomas.

This was the reason I never gave forskolin to my father to
support his congestive heart failure.

In fact, forskolin is used as a medium in cancer research.

http://forum.lef.org...px?f=41&m=15658

See the new thread on this subject.

Edited by tham, 13 June 2008 - 07:04 PM.

#117 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

looks like we have to be cautious. Any updates on how this supplement could be a pigmentation enhancer both orally or topically? Thanks

#118 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:18 PM

Still hoping for a pure fucoxanthin. I think this is a better way to go
need to make sure its the brown variety and iodine removed. Haven't found that yet.

looks like we have to be cautious. Any updates on how this supplement could be a pigmentation enhancer both orally or topically? Thanks

#119 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

any links to this?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#120 amberjoe

• 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:05 AM

If diet can effect skin tone than its really very good because it is natural. However if it does not produce any effect than sunless skin tanners are the best options the only thing to know about is how they work see http://sfcosmeticsur...s-tanners-work/ and What to select because your skin is sensitive to products.

Edited by amberjoe, 24 December 2010 - 10:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users