1708 replies to this topic

#871 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:27 PM

Irresponsible:
Function: adjective
: not responsible: as a : not answerable to higher authority <an irresponsible dictatorship> b : said or done with no sense of responsibility <irresponsible accusations> c : lacking a sense of responsibility d : unable especially mentally or financially to bear responsibility
======================================================

hmm... I think by the definition... Tintinet can handle his health as well. I'm not a fan of 'hope without action' or rather... 'hope without thoughtful action', specially in a situation that you see something bad coming...

kind of like when a hurricane is coming to Miami... you simply have got to take steps to prepare if it, even it turns and misses you completely at the last minute...

Anthony

smart ass...

dictionary.com
4. having a capacity for moral decisions and therefore accountable; capable of rational thought or action: T

dosing 3+ grams of rsv a day, is not what i would call rational thought/action

#872 proteomist

• 177 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:12 PM

Wow, you're way out of line calling him a smart ass. Also, please do give us your rational explanation for why you draw the line precisely at three grams. It's the first I've heard of that dose having special properties.

Irresponsible:
Function: adjective
: not responsible: as a : not answerable to higher authority <an irresponsible dictatorship> b : said or done with no sense of responsibility <irresponsible accusations> c : lacking a sense of responsibility d : unable especially mentally or financially to bear responsibility
======================================================

hmm... I think by the definition... Tintinet can handle his health as well. I'm not a fan of 'hope without action' or rather... 'hope without thoughtful action', specially in a situation that you see something bad coming...

kind of like when a hurricane is coming to Miami... you simply have got to take steps to prepare if it, even it turns and misses you completely at the last minute...

Anthony

smart ass...

dictionary.com
4. having a capacity for moral decisions and therefore accountable; capable of rational thought or action: T

dosing 3+ grams of rsv a day, is not what i would call rational thought/action

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#873 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:31 PM

Wow, you're way out of line calling him a smart ass. Also, please do give us your rational explanation for why you draw the line precisely at three grams. It's the first I've heard of that dose having special properties.

that smart ass comment should have had a [lol] after it... i wanst cursing him out or anything

i draw the line at mega-dosing any chemical without proof that it is safe... or at the very least does what it is theorized to do.
as far as i know the people as the forefront of rsv science dont recommend taking over 1.5G/day, and even that is based on animal/yeast studies... whose metabolism of rsv varies pretty drastically [from what ive read] from humans

i think its more responsible for US as a group to say, hey man maybe you should tone it down a bit until theres proof those doses are safe... rather than to say 'eh he can do what he wants'...
looking out for your buds is the responsible thing to do imo... akin to cutting a buddy off at the bar, or taking his keys.

#874 inawe

• 653 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:19 PM

Sirtris is running trials giving people 2.5-5 gr/day of resveratrol.
On the other hand,"US as a group" are very fortunate to have in our
mist a much wiser expert to watch over "US". Scold "US" when we
behave irresponsibly, so we wont harm ourselves.

#875 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:31 PM

in diseased people.. not healthy people right? any results yet? long term safety data? ...yea

i would expect someone to tell me if i was doing something stupid...
no need to get all 'f the man' on me...

#876 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

There are 3 phases for Sirtris testing:

========================================
1a - done on healthy people... completed

"In 2006, we completed two Phase 1a studies in healthy
male volunteers using SRT501, and, based upon favorable results, initiated
two Phase 1b studies in Type 2 diabetics using SRT501."

1b - currently being done on diabetics

2 - late 2007

3 - ?

========================================

current study is for diabetics, I have been told that these "diseased people" can have a pretty normal life without resveratrol, but any help for them is very appreciated. [thumb]

long term safety data?
Will not be known for a while...... although China has been using the dried root and stem of Polygonum cuspidatum, "Hu chang" in traditional Chinese medicine to treat high cholesterol and other items.

[lol]
but for good ol' western science to give the thumbs up... you are simply going to have to wait... specially if you want to wait on longevity studies on average humans.

Anthony Loera

#877 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:22 PM

in diseased people.. not healthy people right? any results yet? long term safety data? ...yea

i would expect someone to tell me if i was doing something stupid...
no need to get all 'f the man' on me...

google "resveratrol toxicity" HERE

After going over the papers that came up, I hardly think taking three or even six grams of resveratrol a day qualifies as foolhardy; at worst it might be a waste of money.

FWIW, 2 grams of resveratrol a day is the only thing I've found that not only relieves my osteo-arthritis, it appears to have reversed the progression of the disease.

#878 unglued

• 171 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:48 PM

According to the Boocock et al. 2007 paper abstract quoted one page ago, the small safety study found no adverse affects in 10 people taking 5 grams or in another 10 taking 2.5 grams. But from the abstract, I can't tell if that means they were given 5 grams once in their life, or five grams per day. Can someone with access to the paper tell us?

In one of the matches to the above Google search, Sardi extrapolates that anywhere from 180 to 1575 mg/day would be the equivalent dose for a 160-pound healthy human to get the benefit the November Nature paper reported for overweight mice.

#879 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:28 AM

Geez- sorry to have incited such a stir!

I don't take 3 grams every day and I don't think of it as a "long term" course, yet....

I've only been taking doses in that range for a few days now, and I may change my dose any time now.

#880 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:30 AM

Individuals have posted taking 6 grams/day for periods, and I've conversed with individuals who've taken even more than that for short periods.

Still, the recent selenuim findings do make me reconsider high dose anything, once again.

#881 markymark

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:05 PM

Still, the recent selenuim findings do make me reconsider high dose anything, once again.

Although, selenium is of topic to resveratrol, sorry:

See the modest sample size (about 600 subjects in each group) and the numbers of incident diabetes cases were relatively small.

To demonstrate just how small, if even another case or two had developed in the placebo group, the difference observed between the Selenium and placebo groups would no longer be statistically significant.

I wonder how such an underpowered study could make it throgh the review..

MM

#882 health_nutty

• Topic Starter
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:30 PM

Anyone else realize the view count is maxed out at: 0x7fff?

#883 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:36 AM

Anyone else realize the view count is maxed out at: 0x7fff?

Yeah, reminds me of a song.

...Sixteen Bits, whadaya get?
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the iherb store

#884 roidjoe

• 118 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 03:07 AM

If it makes you feel better, keep taking it at whatever dose you notice an increase in well being. If it makes you question whether or not it is causing neuropathy it is probably worse for your overall health than if you were not taking it, with whichever sirtuin gene activity is going on. Now, if you really were dedicated to prolonging your life in a healthy responsible way you would just be in a caloric deficit for prolonged periods of time and not worry about taking reservatrol to activate sirtuins.

#885 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:18 AM

If it makes you feel better, keep taking it at whatever dose you notice an increase in well being.  If it makes you question whether or not it is causing neuropathy it is probably worse for your overall health than if you were not taking it, with whichever sirtuin gene activity is going on.  Now, if you really were dedicated to prolonging your life in a healthy responsible way you would just be in a caloric deficit for prolonged periods of time and not worry about taking reservatrol to activate sirtuins.

Hey Joe- I just...(nevermind that!)

Well, I assume you're referring to my report of symptoms and suspicion t-resv. might be responsible. Still unclear to me, but
it's not a "toxicity" for sure. It might possibly be an idiopathic hypersensitivity to some compound in P C., but this is far from
certain. The differential remains a bit broad at this point- still in work-up.

Anyway, yes. You are correct about CR. I've been practicing CR for over 18 years, BTW. But, I also like to hedge my bets, if
possible. Perhaps this results in negating the positives of CR, but life is just one big experiment, anyway! So I keep testing.

I'll certainly update regarding whatever might be the underlying cause of my recent symptoms.

Thanks for your advice.

#886 derek san

• 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:30 AM

How much of the RSV we consume is made in China?

I lived for several years in Hong Kong. This experience left me with a very negative view of the quality of many Chinese products, especially those destined to be ingested. In particular, I became aware that:

• There is no effective consumer protection legislation in China

• There is no effective separation of legislature, administration and judiciary in China; indeed many local judges are appointed or hold office by virtue of their connections with local businesspeople (who are often local Party officials)

• There is no effective independent audit of the quality of goods produced for human consumption

• Claims of organic food production are often completely bogus

• Tens of thousands of people each year die in China of food contamination related causes

Until we have evidence to the contrary we should regard China as a kind of wild frontier of Party-dominated capitalism where independent enforcement of standards that we take for granted is still years away. At the risk of labouring the point, here are some examples of what I’m talking about:

19 November 2004
China's boom take toll on staple food
http://news.bbc.co.u...fic/4006889.stm
17 May 2007
China grapples with food contamination credibility crisis
http://www.iht.com/a...iness/trade.php
23 May 2007
Consumer Worries Over China
http://news.bbc.co.u...stm?bw=nb&mp=wm
2 June 2007
US warns over Chinese toothpaste
http://news.bbc.co.u...cas/6714257.stm
On Thursday, Nicaraguan health authorities seized 40,000 tubes of Chinese-made toothpaste after they were found to contain diethylene glycol (DEG).
The Dominican Republic, Panama and Costa Rica had already removed thousands of tubes of toothpaste from store shelves.
'Low but meaningful risk'
In addition to being used as a coolant, DEG is sometimes used as a low-cost but potentially deadly substitute for glycerine sweetener commonly used in medicines.
It was found in the cough syrup and other medicines blamed for last year's deaths in Panama.
The FDA issued its alert after its inspectors identified and detained a shipment of toothpaste at the US border, containing about 3% DEG.
30 June 2007
Chinese anger over US seafood ban
http://news.bbc.co.u...fic/6256382.stm
The FDA said it had found that Chinese seafood tested between October 2006 and May 2007 was repeatedly contaminated with antimicrobial agents.
Some of the substances included nitrofuran, malachite green and fluoroquinolone, which, according to the FDA, may help build up a resistance to antibiotics when used in food animals.
4 July 2007
Fifth of China goods sub-standard
http://news.bbc.co.u...fic/6269318.stm
10 July 2007
China Food Safety Head Executed
http://news.bbc.co.u...fic/6286698.stm
CHINESE FOOD SCARES
May 2007 China probes reports that contaminated toothpaste was sent to the Americas
March 2007 Melamine is found in wheat gluten exports from China for use in pet food, prompting a recall of at least 100 pet food brands
Nov 2006 A dye farmers fed to ducks to make their eggs look fresher is found to contain cancer-causing properties, and 5,000 ducks are culled
August 2006 About 40 people in Beijing contract meningitis after eating partially cooked snails at a chain of restaurants

So if we are to take large quantities of RSV produced in China we owe it to ourselves to ask our suppliers a few simple questions:

1. Do you have in place a frequent program of independent audit of the nature and quality of the RSV supplements you obtain from China?

2. Where is that audit conducted and by whom?

3. How often do you perform the audit?

4. What do you do if the results of the audit are not consistent with the product you ordered or with human safety?

We should also place quality assurance above price in comparing suppliers, something which we sometimes overlook when jumping over ourselves to accuse one supplier of charging $1 or $2 or $5 more per mg than another.

Anthony,

Can you describe your quality assurance program at RevGenetics?

#887 ageless

• 219 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:32 PM

How much of the RSV we consume is made in China?

I lived for several years in Hong Kong. This experience left me with a very negative view of the quality of many Chinese products, especially those destined to be ingested. In particular, I became aware that:

• There is no effective consumer protection legislation in China

• There is no effective separation of legislature, administration and judiciary in China; indeed many local judges are appointed or hold office by virtue of their connections with local businesspeople (who are often local Party officials)

• There is no effective independent audit of the quality of goods produced for human consumption

• Claims of organic food production are often completely bogus

• Tens of thousands of people each year die in China of food contamination related causes

Until we have evidence to the contrary we should regard China as a kind of wild frontier of Party-dominated capitalism where independent enforcement of standards that we take for granted is still years away. At the risk of labouring the point, here are some examples of what I’m talking about:

19 November 2004
China's boom take toll on staple food
http://news.bbc.co.u...fic/4006889.stm
17 May 2007
China grapples with food contamination credibility crisis
http://www.iht.com/a...iness/trade.php
23 May 2007
Consumer Worries Over China
http://news.bbc.co.u...stm?bw=nb&mp=wm
2 June 2007
US warns over Chinese toothpaste
http://news.bbc.co.u...cas/6714257.stm
On Thursday, Nicaraguan health authorities seized 40,000 tubes of Chinese-made toothpaste after they were found to contain diethylene glycol (DEG).
The Dominican Republic, Panama and Costa Rica had already removed thousands of tubes of toothpaste from store shelves.
'Low but meaningful risk'
In addition to being used as a coolant, DEG is sometimes used as a low-cost but potentially deadly substitute for glycerine sweetener commonly used in medicines.
It was found in the cough syrup and other medicines blamed for last year's deaths in Panama.
The FDA issued its alert after its inspectors identified and detained a shipment of toothpaste at the US border, containing about 3% DEG.
30 June 2007
Chinese anger over US seafood ban
http://news.bbc.co.u...fic/6256382.stm
The FDA said it had found that Chinese seafood tested between October 2006 and May 2007 was repeatedly contaminated with antimicrobial agents.
Some of the substances included nitrofuran, malachite green and fluoroquinolone, which, according to the FDA, may help build up a resistance to antibiotics when used in food animals.
4 July 2007
Fifth of China goods sub-standard
http://news.bbc.co.u...fic/6269318.stm
10 July 2007
China Food Safety Head Executed
http://news.bbc.co.u...fic/6286698.stm
CHINESE FOOD SCARES
May 2007 China probes reports that contaminated toothpaste was sent to the Americas
March 2007 Melamine is found in wheat gluten exports from China for use in pet food, prompting a recall of at least 100 pet food brands
Nov 2006 A dye farmers fed to ducks to make their eggs look fresher is found to contain cancer-causing properties, and 5,000 ducks are culled
August 2006 About 40 people in Beijing contract meningitis after eating partially cooked snails at a chain of restaurants

So if we are to take large quantities of RSV produced in China we owe it to ourselves to ask our suppliers a few simple questions:

1. Do you have in place a frequent program of independent audit of the nature and quality of the RSV supplements you obtain from China?

4. What do you do if the results of the audit are not consistent with the product you ordered or with human safety?

We should also place quality assurance above price in comparing suppliers, something which we sometimes overlook when jumping over ourselves to accuse one supplier of charging $1 or $2 or $5 more per mg than another.

Anthony,

Can you describe your quality assurance program at RevGenetics?

Great Post!!! [thumb]
We all need to be very wary. [:o]

#888 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:41 PM

I lived for several years in Hong Kong. This experience left me with a very negative view of the quality of many Chinese products, especially those destined to be ingested.

This is the reason I buy supplements from reputable companies only to reduce this risk. The mainn benefit, as compared to the western world, of the Chinese economy is it's low cost of labour. But the production of supplements isn't labour intensive at all. So, there must be another main advantage in the Chinese economy that enables extremely low prices of products of which the production is not labour intensive....
I wonder what that "advantage" would be....

#889 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 05:49 PM

Hi derek,

I believe most all of the answers you seek are part of the normal GMP process we have. They may have been posted previously, so please do a search on the imminst boards. Here are the answers you are looking for about RevGenetics. Please email me or PM personally, as the hosts of the boards usually don't want the boards biased, or leaning to much for a particular retailer or manufacturer. I understand they want to help users post about experiences and supplement information and keep things pretty open. If any of this post is edited by the hosts (which is fine as I figure these were some loaded questions to our advantage...), just email me and will reply with the full post.

Ok Derek, Here are some quick answers for you:

Powder is ordered from Europe or Asia, when it arrives a sample is sent off to an independent lab, the rest of the powder is marked and stored in a refrigerated state in a heavy blanket of gas to portect it from oxygen.

The labs used to be done at the country of origin, now they are done within the US. Email me and we will send you an HPLC test regarding safety of the powder, I believe the test also provides the lab information you are looking for. We have always provided this to customers looking for verification. Many ask why we don't simply post them on our website, the answer to that is a simple one: each batch of powder that we recieve from our suppliers is tested separately, and has a unique HPLC test for trans-resveratrol content, arsenic, heavy metals, etc.

I wouldn't want to post a generic HPLC document on our website. That is the danger of posting these, some folks will find solace in a down-loadable document thinking that is what they are getting. I prefer our customers to email us if they have questions, and have my folks do the legwork to get the proper document out for their particular set of capsules. Having a generic 'test' posted on our website that maybe related to a batch we bought 3 or 4 months ago is not something we do. We are abiding by all rules and want to continue to do so. Posting a document falls into a grey area, and in some instances be considered 'false advertising'.

Also, having had a visit from a diversion investigator last month to review our facilities and verify we were in fact following security, safety and production laws helps folks know that we...
simply have no issues and produce a great product.

See answer to question 1

We stop using the provider, and the powder is discarded.

==========================================================

Now, I am taking my RevGenetics hat off... and posting as a regular guy regarding China...

China is currently making some changes for exported products, it's my understanding that some quality and safety testing is being done to many exports regarding food. That said, I think these tests are not being done for the Chinese people, only for exported products, as the toothpaste deaths gave china quite a bit of a black-eye to the rest of the world.

In the end, until chinese legislature changes, it may be that the newly rich Chinese (not the common folks of course..) will start buying quality products from America and other parts of the world, pay a premium, rather than trust production of some items. In the grand scheme of things, I don't see China changing too much for the local population. I still remember Tiananmen square protests in 1989

Posted Image

and although I think alot has changed for the business community since then, I am not sure about the average chinese person is doing much better these days. Ok, I went off on a tangent, sorry...

Just my thoughts on it
Anthony Loera

#890 Brainbox

• 2,860 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:01 PM

Anthony, that looks positive indeed. One remaining question I still have is what you consider a batch in the context of quality control. I.e. a more elaborate answer to question 3. ;)

#891 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 06:14 PM

brainbox,

what we consider a batch, is simply a bulk order of the product, or a container if you will. The supplier may send us 2 to 4... (25kg or 50kg) containers with one 'batch' number. In this instance the supplier says that they all came from the same 'batch' and testing one of them, will give me the same result for all of them.

When we receive these, a sample is pulled from every container and sent for testing, we consider each container a 'batch' and use our own numbers regardless of the supplier provided 'batch number'.

I take this stuff myself, so I have a personal stake in testing the powder.

By the way brainbox... That was a great question!

Thanks
Anthony

#892 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:47 PM

Is weight lose common?  A few other people have mentioned it.

I'm down to 198 from 210.  Currently at 700 mg/day, 400 BAC powder mornings, 300 Dr. Best evenings.

It's difficult to say if the weight loss is due solely to resveratrol.  I starting on Alcar, R-lipoic, green tea extract, and a bunch of other stuff this winter, not long after starting on resveratrol.

I do not know if the weight loss is common on Resveratrol.
I lost 12 pounds in the summer and managed to keep those pounds off and I ate very well.
I'm down to around 193 pounds weight at 6 feet tall.
Been taking RSV for 3.5 years.
My younger brother died of a Heart Attack end of Jan.
I wonder if RSV would have saved him.
We were 14 months apart and he looked healthier that I.

See if you can sustain very long walks without becoming tired?
In the summer my wife and I were doing at least 6 miles per day and up to 12 miles.
Also, do you feel more agressive?

My weight is now 183.5 pounds

Looks like the larger dose of Resveratrol plus Miralax has lowered my weight another 9.5 pounds

I have lost over 20 pounds without changing my diet
Taking Resveratrol now for almost 4 years
I am walking 3, 6, 9 miles everyday

If I could drop another 20 pounds I'll weigh the same as when I was a teenager (just a funny thought)

Edited by bixbyte, 30 July 2007 - 03:41 PM.

#893 steelheader

• 106 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:33 PM

bixbyte,

I'm down to 188 pounds, so I've lost another 10 pounds. I'm eating a lot, maybe more than I was eating when I weighed 210 pounds, and am eating anything I want. I even eat ribs and pizza.

I'm still losing weight but the rate of weight loss has slowed.

I'm now taking a gram of 98% powder per day with lecithin in a single dose in the morning.

In addition to a lot of the common supplements, including alcar, r-lipoic, green tea extract, pomegranate, etc., I'm also taking a gram of BAC apple polyphenols daily, in two 500 mg doses. I'm hoping the apple polyphenols will promote a loss of abdominal fat.

I'm satisfied that getting into the supplement thing starting last Fall is responsible for the weight loss. I don't know what supplement or combination of supplements deserves the credit.

#894 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:59 PM

Steelheader,

I'm Taking 500 mg 98% RSV white w 500 mg Miralax 10 AM
1 pm 500 mg 50% RSV and again 6 pm 500 mg 50% RSV
Then one, two, three caps of 250 mg Milk Thistle (80% Silymarin)
every hour 8 pm till ~ 2 am

In addition, varying daily doses of
Vites B's, D, K, ALA, ALC, Selen, NAC, Malic, Omeg, Zn, DHEA, OPC

Once a week megadoses K, Glutathione, D, B's, NADH

IMHO,
It has to be the 98% white RSV w emulsion/suspension - we have in common.

My pants are falling down. (wish I could get rid of the gut :)

Credit goes to Max Watt (he's a genius)

#895 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:30 PM

I agree, Maxwatt has been very helpful, but I have to give kudos to proteomist who did alot of work on it as well.

#896 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:49 PM

Agreed;but ICE329, Malbecman and Lucid as well as Proteomist have also contributed.

#897 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:09 PM

Worldwide Patent for RSV - Emulsion

http://www.freepaten.../EP1320353.html

read below the junk ads

Tested on Rat Bellies
Nice Patent
even transdermal
patent 2001

#898 malbecman

• 733 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:52 PM

I like the idea of transdermal or even oral absorption directly into the bloodstream and bypassing 1st pass metabolism but it is hard to imagine dissolving and absorbing a 500 or 1000mg dose this way (my usual resv. doseage)........

read below the junk ads

Tested on Rat Bellies
Nice Patent
even transdermal
patent 2001

#899 bixbyte

• 559 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:12 AM

I like the idea of transdermal or even oral absorption directly into the bloodstream and bypassing 1st pass metabolism but it is hard to imagine dissolving and absorbing a 500 or 1000mg dose this way (my usual resv. doseage)........

read below the junk ads

Tested on Rat Bellies
Nice Patent
even transdermal
patent 2001

Interesting reading material and sometimes invokes a new system for medicine delivery.
Great invention to write a vague patent for transdermal delivery.
My Cynical side, Anytime someone sells a product that becomes popular make demands for a part of their profits.

But the better idea was yours the idea to use lecithin as the Emulsion agent w. RSV

Do U have any idea what would be the best transdermal delivery system for RSV??

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#900 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:06 AM

Do U have any idea what would be the best transdermal delivery system for RSV??

There was a post in the thread "Maximizing Resveratrol Effectiveness" HERE though I don't think anyone has tried the method (bottom of page two of the thread.)

Here is a homebrew transdermal recipe I found with the links on where to buy. 
You can put anything under 400 daltons in it.  I will put in ALCAR too -- because it has such a poor bio-availability also. I think the ratio is 1 gram per ounce of fluid.

Basic Formula                 
60% isopropyl (99%)
25% IPM
10% Oleic
5% Prop Glycol
Carbomer 934

www.Lemelange.com
$10 / 32 oz.
$10.50 / 16 oz.
$10 / 16 oz.
$8.50 / 16 oz.
$24.50 / lb