Update on TA-65

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:46 AM

An email I recieved:

Dear Friend of T.A. Sciences, 

Momentum has been building at T.A. Sciences over the summer. We have gotten 3 month preliminary data for the first group of Patton Protocol clients and we are seeing for the first time in history documented elongation of telomeres in humans. Mean telomere length increased by 230 base pairs in granulocytes (an immune cell that circulates in the blood). Since telomeres normally get shorter with each cell division, if confirmed and validated, this will be highly significant scientific news. Let's just hope this trend continues when data from more people come in over the next few months.

In an effort to keep you informed, we are sending you links to two important documents that appeared recently about telomeres and Telomerase Activation:

1.) The first is the article "Telomeres, Telomerase, and Their Role in Aging," http://www.tascience...tureArticle.pdf which was a feature article in the August 2007 e-Journal of Age Management Medicine (AMMG). We think that it is a good basic foundation to the understanding of what we do here at TA Sciences.  Please take a moment to read it.

By the way, TA Sciences will be represented at the 2007 annual conference of AMMG in Las Vegas in November, where Dr. Joseph M. Raffaele will give a seminar on telomeres and Telomerase Activation, and TA Sciences will have a booth presence to explain the Patton Protocol with TA-65. If you should happen to go, we hope you will stop by.

2.) We are also sending a link for the abstract of a landmark presentation by Dr. Rita Effros (David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine) titled: "Telomerase-based approaches to enhance immunity to viruses during aging" Dr. Effros' work is leading-edge science in the application of Telomerase Activation to aging: http://www.tascience...cs/SENSConf.pdf .

Recent data by Dr. Effros demonstrates that use of a small molecule telomerase activator "significantly enhances telomerase activity, increases the ability of T lymphocytes to control viral production, enhances proliferation, increases production of anti-viral cytokines/chemokines, and retards telomere loss. The enhanced telomerase activity is associated with increased hTERT gene transcription." Dr Effros' work indicates that turning on (activating) telomerase in human T lymphocytes may enhance the immune system by retarding immune exhaustion associated with ageing.

These scientific findings by Dr. Effros are very important and highly relevant to T.A. Sciences. Our key Nutraceutical product, TA-65, is a small molecule Telomerase Activator that performs similarly to the molecule used in Dr. Effros' studies. These studies by Dr. Effros were supported by the National Institutes of Health, TA Therapeutics, Ltd., and Geron Corporation.

TA Sciences Founder and Chairman Noel Thomas Patton and I just left England where we attended Aubrey de Grey's SENS (Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence) Conference at Queen's College in Cambridge. Noel was asked to be a presenter to this august group of scientists and caused quite a stir when he reported that TA-65 was on the market and actually working.

For further information about our Telomerase Activator, TA-65, and the 12 month Patton Protocol, please take another look at our updated website, www.tasciences.com or call us at 212-588-8805. I would be happy to discuss any questions you may have.

TA sciences wreaks of scam, but if they are activating telomerase, then that is exciting. I would like to see an independent study of the effect of Atralagus with a high HDTIC content on human telomeres.
  • like x 1

#2 maestro949

• 2,350 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:21 AM

Rod: Are you listenin'?

Jerry: Yes!

Rod: This is what I'm gonna do for you: God bless you, Jerry. But this is what you gonna do for me, Jerry?

Jerry: Yeah, what can I do for you, Rod? You just tell me what can I do for you?

Rod: It's something very personal, a very important thing. Hell! It's a family motto. Are you ready Jerry? I wanna make sure you're ready, brother. Here it is:

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 01:40 AM

Ouroboros ( http://ouroboros.wordpress.com/ ) has short writeups of the highlights of SENS3. It included this, which sheds some light on TA Sciences.

A great disappointment to me was the cancellation of Rita Effros’ talk. A rather, um, interesting talk was pulled together at the last minute to replace her. A gentleman from a small company collaborating with Geron is selling a “nutraceutical” which is supposedly a potent activator of hTERT expression. For the low, low price of $25k per year, you too can extend your telomeres. They are avoiding FDA regulation by calling it a nutraceutical instead of a drug and by NOT doing any clinical trials. I find it ironic that it’s possible to escape regulation by not doing any testing to ensure its safety. They don’t know what tissues the drug nutraceutical is targeted to. About a dozen clients have been taking the compound for 3-9 months. They report extension of mean telomere length of granulocytes (but not yet other immune cells) and an improvement in vision. There are no placebos or negative controls of any kind (controls would make it an experiment, which would make it a drug). Honestly, I’m really glad that there are people out there willing (desperate enough) to do this sort of self-experimentation and I’m anxious to see the long-term results.

#4 lucid

• Topic Starter
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:13 AM

Here is the TA-Science talk during Sens3.
http://richardjschue...g2_itemId=57036

"I can't tell you the identity of TA-65, but I can tell you that it is the most potent telomerase activator in the Geron Library."

That should let us know what TA-65 is for sure if anyone knows what the 'most potent telomerase activator in the Geron Library is..."
On one of hist slides:

"From the traditional chinese herb, Atralagus, we extract a single molecule."

So the question is what is that molecule.... and I think we know the answer.

The Q&A was really priceless:

"So have there been any clinical trials or are the people who pay for the therapy the volunteers in the trial?"

"Have there been any studies done on animals.... like mice?"

The guy seemed nice, but man he gets destroyed.

So the next question is:
What is the small molecule? Is it HDTIC? If so is there a source of Atralagus which has tested levels of HDTIC? I doubt I would take it yet though....

#5 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:40 PM

I've looked for Astragalus standardized for various components and have not been able to find any. I've been taking about a gram a day of the concentrated herb for a few months now basically under the assumption that it can't hurt and might be beneficial. If anyone finds a source for standardized I would love to know. I'm not ready to pay for TA-65.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:44 AM

If TA-65 is Cyclosastragenol, then we certainly have it available now ourselves, and have called it "Astral Fruit-C" ... and yes, it took us a while Edward.

Cheers
A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 14 August 2009 - 03:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users