Photo
- - - - -

longerhealthylife.com

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 giantscale

• 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 02:02 PM

Iv read in a few forums where this formula has been used with success. Does anyone have more information or first had experience with this formula from Tyler Parr, Ph.D ?

I hope I can I post a link here.

http://longerhealthylife.com/

Thanks

Edited by giantscale, 10 April 2005 - 05:42 PM.

#2 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:46 PM

Seems interesting, might work. At least i'm gonna try my ALCAR before i go to bed ;)
But I don't see any real research behind this theory...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 giantscale

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:29 PM

Seems interesting, might work. At least i'm gonna try my ALCAR before i go to bed ;)
But I don't see any real research behind this theory...

I agree. I was looking for published tests but it looks like only his family and friends are using it so far.

Dr. Tyler Parr has been doing this process for over 2 years. Approximately 25 other individuals are employing this technique without any negative results reported, and much benefit apparent. Measurements confirming the elevation night time output of GH by this technique are complete (but not yet published). The GH elevation technique is "in press" in a academic journal, while the bioflavonoid protection mechanisms combined with GH is Patent Pending 2000 by Tyler Parr. Earlier articles on underlying background of this work by Tyler Parr (References 27,28,29) are listed in Sources & Refs menu choice. I am sure you know, I cannot guarantee the absolute safety of this process, but I have personally explored a very much larger value of GH exposures with and without the polyphenol/bioflavonoid protection. I have found that this particular level leads to the best gradual improvements in myself and others trying this technique. No known problems have been reported by any users of this technique.

#4 shapeshifter

• 42 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for bringing this into attention.
Currently I'm using Arginine pyroglutamate + Lysine for this purpose.
Is also very potent and (relatively) low cost. It's also nootropical (the arginine pyroglutamate part).
Someday I will try this method too for comparison. Of course, the best method will be maintained.

#5 giantscale

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:34 PM

No problem Shapeshifter. Let us know how it compares please.

Do all GH elevation formulas increase the chance of cancer? And since I planned on ordering from BAC, I hoped someone with knowledge would chime in & tell me which Beyond a Century product would be the equivalent to the twin labs 500 milligrams of polyphenols or bioflavonoids recommended by Dr Parr. If not.. I prolly have to make two orders. Dr Parr never returned my email when asked.

#6 jwb1234567890

• 39 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 10:04 AM

http://content.karge...ename=73704.pdf
This indicates that the overexpression of GH has negative effects, not just with cancer. you just need to do a pubmed search to see the wealth of negative info on having this treatment alone.

Also its clear more growth hormone means more cell division. think about it there are many cells just on the border of becoming cancerous as you age and by inducing them to divide you increase the likelyhood of getting cancer.

Of course the website does propose an antagonistic approach to mitigate this, this may work but has it been tested rigorously... if not do you really want to be the lab rat to try it out?

Also as a final point I would personally never trust a website with such an outlandish color scheme.

Jack

#7 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:33 PM

HGH can also have the tendency of causing abnormal intestinal growth. If you look at body builders who abuse it they look like they are pregnant with a 6 pack on top.

Though I do believe that in old age taking HGH would increase the quality of life, if not the quantity.

#8 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 13 April 2005 - 10:59 PM

Now you got me worried about HGH. I have 5-6 trainings a week, 2x weights (max weights for power), 2-3 mixed cardio-strenght training usually 30 min very high intensity, and 1-2 easier trainings a week. I can really notice my overall performance goes down when I skip a week or two of weights. Also I get sluggish over the day, not really full of energy. But when I do work with weights I'm full of energy all day long for days. I belive it's due to HGH being released more when I do wights, and it really seems to be good for me.
But now I'm little worried...is it bad? I don't take any HGH support supplements so it's all natural, and I take good multivit, CQ10, ALA, green tea, ALCAR, and if it makes difference nettle extract.

#9 strongman

• 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:54 AM

Well the ALCAR, actually makes you age faster too. Its a pro-oxidant, and although many people take K-RALA to offset those effects, there is no evidence as far as I'm aware that this will totally offset the pro-oxidant effects of ALCAR.

#10 bacopacabana

• 40 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 12:45 PM

I read that Parr paper, and frankly, it struck me as total BS. There were absolutely no objective measurements of anything, just subjective self-observation of things like quality of sleep, "puffiness" of cheeks, and hair and nail growth.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:00 AM

A few things that stood out to me, which sound so familar.

Lines like these

"Are you sick and tired of putting up with decreased GH levels?"

"Would you like to be healthier whilst at the same time having more energy?"

"Would you like a longer, healthier life?"

"Look no further, you can have all this for just under $1 a day"

"Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Tyler Parr, Ph.D and I am using my creditials to sell a product that only my lab knows the name of."

"If you are one of the next 50 callers, I will also send you a pair of ginsu steak knives free!"

Ok well maybe the last comment was a bit heavy. You all probably know by now how I feel about sell-out research.

I think you took the right move to investigate the matter further and find out what they were selling. You could then go an by the powder in bulk from somewhere else cheaper.

[lol]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users