• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Edmonton Aging Symposium

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#91 kevin

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:33 AM

Hi Aegist,

Fantastic offer! Much appreciated..

You might want to consider writing a commentary on the debate.. you'll be pretty familiar with it. I'm sure ImmInst would put it in as a homepage article..

#92 Aegist

• Guest Shane
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:42 AM

°¿°
Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. I'll try to take notes of what I am thinking while I'm transcribing.

As it is I plan on doing 5 minutes of the talk each night, so it should be completed by the 25th. Hopefully it will be sooner, but that seems like an easy workload which shouldn't interfere too much with my other work. i need to put more time into ImmInst, and this is certainly a worthwhile way to spend my time!

#93 kevin

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:49 AM

the 25th is just fine.. I transcribed a three hour interview with biogerontology pioneer Richard Cutler and it did take a while.. Learned a lot about the history.. one day I'll maybe post the MP3 if I can get his permission.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#94 Aegist

• Guest Shane
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:38 AM

ooohhh, i just crossed 1000 posts. What a milestone!

#95 Aegist

• Guest Shane
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:49 PM

OK, night 3 done, and I'm up to 16:35, the end of Daniel Callahans introductory speech. I'm really glad I volunteered to do this, it's really quite fun getting so involved in a debate, I'm looking forward to writing a commentary on it....

I think I will have to write a separate article also...one specifically about deconstructing some of the arguments I have heard so far. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet (I will do that when I finish to proof read it, and then I will write the commentary), but so far, I am not impressed with the strength of Dan Callahans opening arguments. So I really want to systematically deconstruct them. Luckily I will have a text transcript of the talk so I will be able to ;)

#96 Aegist

• Guest Shane
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:52 PM

Only 6 minutes or so left of the conference to transcribe. I'll complete it tomorrow and go over it once and then send it to you Kevin.

#97 Aegist

• Guest Shane
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:55 AM

Completed. I emailed it to you Kevin to do with as you wish. I will start working on the commentary someday soon.

#98 Live Forever

• Guest Recorder
  • 7,475 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:38 PM

You tha man, Aegist. [thumb]

#99 kevin

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:37 PM

He totally is!

A lot of work and a message enabled!

The structured and condensed value of the debate is now able to be provided to others in written format.. you have just contributed a significant service to the Symposium and our cause Aegist. I look forward to your commentary!

#100 kevin

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:40 PM

btw Aegist.. please send me your address and contact info offline... I have a token of my appreciation to send you.

#101 Aegist

• Guest Shane
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:09 AM

There really is no need to send me anything. It was an interesting exercise, and a reall chance for me to finally get involved in something. I have been too slack lately in my participation here, so it is the least I can do.

#102 kevin

• Topic Starter
  • Member, Guardian
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:14 AM

nah.... 'tis only a trifle... so quit with the modesty.. rest assured there will be lots more thankless work to be done..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users