Matts CR Regime

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:17 AM

Blood tests coming shortly and thats when I'll do the big update. But I thought when I come across this old picture that I should use it as a comparison shot to a new photo I have. One thing shows clearly, well to me its obvious and it's usually always seen when one starts to adopt a healthy diet.

Age 18 vs 24.4 years old comparison

Attached Files

Edited by Matt, 04 April 2009 - 10:52 PM.

#32 forever freedom

• 2,362 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:38 AM

Blood tests coming shortly and thats when I'll do the big update. But I thought when I come across this old picture that I should use it as a comparison shot to a new photo I have. One thing shows clearly, well to me its obvious and it's usually always seen when one starts to adopt a healthy diet.

Posted Image

Nice comparison shots. You do seem more healthy on the second pic, probably due to you being thinner then.

#33 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:46 AM

Matt, you look so young, very very very good looking. You are an inspiration to me.

Thanks for posting this.

#34 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:57 PM

thank you :)

One big change I noticed was that my eyes became really clear and blue, compared to a dull lifeless colour pre-CR. But this is more about a having good nutrition, rather than CR I suppose.

Edited by Matt, 20 January 2009 - 03:58 PM.

#35 EmbraceUnity

• 1,018 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:32 AM

thank you :)

One big change I noticed was that my eyes became really clear and blue, compared to a dull lifeless colour pre-CR. But this is more about a having good nutrition, rather than CR I suppose.

Dude, are you sure your name isn't Benjamin Button?

Edited by progressive, 25 January 2009 - 12:33 AM.

#36 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:34 AM

I hope you will be implementing a good skin care regimen as we discussed. :)
I'm sure it would be synergistic with your CR.

Edited by kismet, 25 January 2009 - 12:35 AM.

#37 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

Matt, have you got your blood tests?

#38 VictorBjoerk

• Member, Life Member
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:26 PM

Matt: Do you have a skin care regimen too?

#39 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:39 PM

- Blood tests will definitely come in May.

- No I don't have a really good skin care regimen yet. I just avoid sun, use Aloe Vera morning and night, neutrogena exfoliating face wash twice a day. An hour before washing I rub my face with green tea, and place the tea bag under my eyes too. I do want to do something about a really fine line I have under my one eye because of squinting (I think)... or it could be some dryness under the eye. Looking for something good under eyes if anyone can make a suggestion? I'm not sure if the line is here to stay or its just a hydration/moisturizing issue.

I been a bit quiet recently because i've been busy sorting out my garden as you can see on my blog http://www.matts-cr.blogspot.com/ . Been out there for days now from 11am to 7-8 pm. No problems at all, even had plenty of energy after digging, carrying heavy bags and doing other things most of the day. I could even go for a long run after :p

Edited by Matt, 05 April 2009 - 10:41 PM.

#40 Johan

• Guest, F@H
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:00 AM

Your garden looks nice. How much food do you think you'll be able to grow in it?

#41 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

I'm not sure how much food I will be able to grow. I have 10 cherry tomato plants (might not use all of them), about 25 or so spinach seedlings that have come up. We have lots of strawberry plants, 2 apple treses, broccoli, basil, mint (and I'll be getting more herbs soon), carrots, potatoes (for parents). We will probably grow garlic too. We also have an Aloe Vera plant. Theres lots of things really, i just gotta try to keep on top of it and not try take on too much all at once. I think I can handle this. I took a few pics of the spinach and broccoli seedlings that come up recently (see my blog). I'm sure I'm going to save quite a bit of money from growing my own stuff. I just wish I started a long time ago!

As for the fine lines under my eyes, it was purely a dryness issue. The fine lines have 100% completely gone with an under eye cream (Jojaba, Vitamin E, COQ10) and I also now a similar combinaiton for the rest of the face. I also use sun screen if I expect to go out in the sun for many hours. I'm not sure I'm ready for something like copper peptides yet, maybe in my late 20's. Thinking about over the counter retinol though as maintenance. If anyone has an idea for a cream that is absolutely essential (im only 24) then please tell me what I should buy. I Know very little about skin creams and stuff.

Edited by Matt, 18 April 2009 - 08:35 PM.

#42 ozmonster

• 87 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:43 PM

As for the fine lines under my eyes, it was purely a dryness issue. The fine lines have 100% completely gone with an under eye cream (Jojaba, Vitamin E, COQ10) and I also now a similar combinaiton for the rest of the face. I also use sun screen if I expect to go out in the sun for many hours. I'm not sure I'm ready for something like copper peptides yet, maybe in my late 20's. Thinking about over the counter retinol though as maintenance. If anyone has an idea for a cream that is absolutely essential (im only 24) then please tell me what I should buy. I Know very little about skin creams and stuff.

Your body, with optimum nutrition, should provide all the skin care "products" you need. this includes sun protection.

i can see the need for some temporary relief from dryness with aloe vera or a similar natural product.

however, the problem is from a deficiency somewhere. best to tweak diet and observe results then to rely on masking agents.

as you incorporate these excesses into your routine, you actually condition your body to rely on them.

also, every chemical you put on your skin is absorbed into your blood stream to varying degrees, especially if your skin was dry to begin with.

i would use products if you must short term (but watch out for the trappings of vanity) and then look to nutritional long term solution.

#43 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:53 PM

The dryness came as a direct result of taking Ciprofloxacin back in 2007. My eyes, mouth, skin, hands, feet etc... all become dry. My finger tips developed lines and wrinkled skin from the dryness (like when you stay in the bath for a long time but not as bad), but the difference is I have it all the time on my finger tips (I've been told this goes away eventually). Dryness is gone in my eyes and mouth, but still remains a bit on my hands, feet, and evidentally the skin under my eyes. I did get nerve damage from the Cipro, so maybe it could be that? I haven't figured it out yet. I'm consuming plenty of omega 3 and Omega 6.

Edited by Matt, 18 April 2009 - 11:00 PM.

#44 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:24 PM

the improvement in your HDL (up to near 60 mg/dl) is excellent. are you taking nicotinic acid or anything that might help beyond CR? exercising more?

#45 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

No I never really did anything significant at all, and I couldnt exercise properly for over a year because of bilateral achilles tendinitis. So why my HDL went up 50% is a mystery.... maybe its simply the CR. But then I've been doing it for years lol.

#46 kismet

• 2,984 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:56 AM

Your body, with optimum nutrition, should provide all the skin care "products" you need. this includes sun protection.

No, I disagree. Skin care formulations are supplements like everything else and no one's arguing that optimal nutrition can replace intelligent supplementation. Your statement reeks of naturalistic fallacy.

Matt, to be honest, I don't understand why you consider "over the counter retinol" but not the real deal, tretinoin? The amount of research done on tretinoin completely dwarfs retinol formulations.

Edited by kismet, 24 April 2009 - 11:57 AM.

#47 ozmonster

• 87 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

No, I disagree. Skin care formulations are supplements like everything else and no one's arguing that optimal nutrition can replace intelligent supplementation. Your statement reeks of naturalistic fallacy.

Not really surprised and, in a way, thankful you disagree. You have demonstrated to me in previous posts your willingness to offer an opinion when you have an incomplete understanding of the facts. Your post reeks of ignorant foolishness.

#48 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:15 AM

Matt, to be honest, I don't understand why you consider "over the counter retinol" but not the real deal, tretinoin? The amount of research done on tretinoin completely dwarfs retinol formulations.

I disagree too. There are many good posts in the skin health section of the forum that, if read would probably help you to arrive at a similar conclusion. Check it out!

Oh and if there's one type of fallacy I hate it's 'naturalistic fallacy'. There's something so egotistical and insidious about it; that's off-topic though.

#49 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

Oh and if there's one type of fallacy I hate it's 'naturalistic fallacy'. There's something so egotistical and insidious about it; that's off-topic though.

Same here; I ranted about the naturalistic fallacy a while ago on my blog. I don't even understand how one would determine what exactly "all the skin care you ever need" means. Does it mean that if you eat optimally, you will never get a wrinkle? Or that you will get less wrinkles, but that you should accept having those wrinkles? Because all the evidence points to the conclusion that

optimal diet + topical skin care > optimal diet

which, in my mind, is reason enough to use topicals. It's not about being natural, it's about fighting nature.

#50 ozmonster

• 87 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:09 PM

I disagree too. There are many good posts in the skin health section of the forum that, if read would probably help you to arrive at a similar conclusion. Check it out!

Disagree all you want. And spend as much money on those great skin care products as you want. Fact is that most are are just treating the symptom and not the cause of the majority of day to day skin pathology.

This is ridiculous and insulting for you to infer that I would fall prey to such a simple fallacy. I base my perspectives on logic, reason and verifiable evidence.

What is egotistical and insidious is ignorance coupled with false confidence. that is ON topic.

Edited by ozmonster, 29 April 2009 - 04:27 PM.

#51 ozmonster

• 87 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 04:26 PM

Same here; I ranted about the naturalistic fallacy a while ago on my blog.

LOL. Please see my response above re naturalistic fallacy.

I don't even understand how one would determine what exactly "all the skin care you ever need" means.

This may have overstated things slightly. My point is that skin health is mostly determined from internal processes. There are very few skin products that act on this. Most just provide temp benefits by masking symptoms.

Does it mean that if you eat optimally, you will never get a wrinkle? Or that you will get less wrinkles, but that you should accept having those wrinkles?

Don't be ridiculous.

optimal diet + topical skin care > optimal diet

Makes sense. However, do you know the health effects of every chemical that is contained in your topical skin products, both individually and in combination, over time? If yes, I have no problem.

It's not about being natural, it's about fighting nature.

And here we have come to a major source of your limited thinking:

It's not about fighting nature, its about harnessing nature.

#52 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:40 PM

thank you :|o

Dude, are you sure your name isn't Benjamin Button?

Some other people have said that also haha . A few people recently said I look younger now than only just a few months ago. The only new things I've done is add a skin care regimen, something basic though, and also have my 43-50 oz green smoothie everyday (well it turns a bit brown with the blueberries). Some new updates on my blog about my CR and food. Growing lots of food now :)
http://www.matts-cr.blogspot.com/ Also I just remember about blood tests, will see when I can get an appointment and will share the test results here.

Edited by Matt, 05 June 2009 - 10:50 AM.

#53 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:09 PM

Well I've used some facial creams, just something quite basic and noticed a difference already from my photo 6 months ago. Whether or not you can tell I don't know, but my skin just feels better and has a better complexion, and with a combination of the raw foods i eat (especially mango, blueberries and pineapple) I notice more of a glow than before.

Quite a few years ago I decided i'd take a picture about every year and see the changes over time. Just felt like an interesthing thing to do and didn't know what to expect, well I did, I would slowly get older. Well or so I thought lol. Well heres the results of almost 8 years. I've seen more extreme examples of this on youtube where they take a picture every single day and put it speeded up on video. But I can't be bothered with that lol. It would be interesting for other CRONers maybe to do the same thing, once a year, and see if they get younger and hhow they change overtime. Just a thought :|w

Blood tests in 1 week, yay :)

Click on the Image to see more clearly.

Attached Files

Edited by Matt, 17 June 2009 - 04:25 PM.

#54 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:29 PM

At this rate, I predict you will be asked for ID when ordering a drink until at least age 40. :|w

#55 mrabu

• 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:22 AM

is the 23 yo pic just this weird angle/lighting? Becouse srlsy, u look like 13 yo in that shot :D while the more recent pics give you something like 17-18

Did you make any drastic changes in your lifestyle after 22yo? Becouse the change you've made from 22>23 is pretty amazing lol :D Keep it up gj

#56 Johan

• Guest, F@H
  • 472 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:58 AM

Matt, what does your typical daily food intake look like nowadays?

#57 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

got an update Matt?

looking good in your recent pics

#58 Matt

• Topic Starter
  • 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:40 PM

I'll upate soon... this is a picture of me at 26 years 6 months old (this was me a little sleep deprived)
Posted Image

Soemtimes people tease me at work now but most are really interested in how I stay young. I just tell them it's the green tea sometimes because it's just easier lol. My manager said to me the other day "is that the reason you look like you're 12?" lol... clearly joking... but everyone seems to think I'm still under 18 when I'm almost 27 in October.

Edited by Matt, 28 May 2011 - 09:41 PM.

#59 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

my girl said you look like a child !!!

#60 Forever21

• 1,918 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:46 PM

OMIGOSH

Matt's girlfriend is gorgeous!

You two are amazing! Hurray for CR / VEG.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users