Photo
- - - - -

Modafinil

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Anja from Sweden

• 30 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:31 PM

Hello I am using modafinil for the first time.(student from germany)
Before modafinil,I always drunk about 10 cups of coffee a day,(normaly im always a little tired,bad focus,no concentration)

The last seven days I took 100 mg modafinil in the morning,and it worked great,but now i feel the effect is getting smaller(at about 4 PM im tired again)
If I mix modafinil with a cup of coffee,the effekt lasts longer.

Is it better to use 300 mg or 400 mg modafinil a day,or 100 mg plus 1 or two cups of coffee?
Or is there anything else to augment the effects off modafinil?(perhaps Piribedil or Tyrosin?)
Is it better to take modafinil every day?or 5 days and then a break for 2 days?

Thank you for any answer

#2 emerson

• 332 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 06:37 PM

I noticed a difference when caffeine was added to the mix as well. I was able to go from around the same amount of coffee, to just a single cup, and still get an amazing charge from the brew. I could actually skip my daily coffee, which was something I couldn't even imagine before. Kinda wish, now that the modafinil is just in the land of my wishes, that I'd used it to taper down the caffeine intake a bit.

Ah, but anyway..... I'd definitely suggest putting a break in there every week. I noticed the effect would always taper off on day four. The cost, plus the lack of long term studies, plus tolerance, would suggest to me going about four days on and then four days off as the most frequently that I'd personally find useful. But, again, that's me. The drug's fairly new in relative terms, and I've seen a large amount of people say they don't develop any tolerance at all.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:56 PM

Provigil (modafinil) seems to be most often prescribed in the 200mg (sometimes 400mg in two divided doses I think) dose in the morning (if you weigh about 70 kg) -- on an empty stomach to aid absorption.

Link to prescribing information.

I think this is among the best topics here on Provigil (modafinil).

#4 Guest_aidanpryde_*

• Lurker

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:38 PM

Hello countryman, check your PMs.
Caffeine never was an option for me, not that I feel just a way overstimulated, I can not really sort my thoughts, thinking to "fast" and about hundred of issues.
Then there is the fast developing tolerance, I never wanted to become dependent on drinking my coffee in the morning, just to manage to get out of my bed.

That is one of the reasons I first tried Piracetam and now I am going to try Modafinil in 1-2 Weeks.
There were some threads of nootropikamil which convinced me and I have to agree with, especially if one considers how much trash out there is advertised as "nootropic" and so on.
Modafinil and Aricept are probably the most interesting and proved drugs for this purposes.
Aricept especially because nicotine gum was the only agent that gave me definitely and for 100% sure (in my subjective opinion) an effect I expect from a nootropic.

I am already using Aricept, since 2 Weeks, when do you noticed a sort of effect? The obligatory 1 month?

How would you describe Modafinil, many describe the feeling as much more cleaner then coffee&co.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 emerson

• 332 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 07:58 AM

How would you describe Modafinil, many describe the feeling as much more cleaner then coffee&co.

For me, it was like not even being on a drug. It'd usually feel as if I, when not on modafinil, was drugged into being less than I should and it was the antidote to awaken me to my normal state. I always perceived it as much cleaner in how it felt than caffeine. Caffeine, on the other hand, can give a great feeling. But I'm always very aware with caffeine that there's something just not quite right with the state it brings on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users