Photo
- - - - -

Bad rare Side Effect from MODAFINIL

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 addam

• 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:15 AM

WARNING: In order for me to get the best advice, I must disclose information that may be disturbing to others.

I've loved using modafinil and have had great results on it except for these rare side effects. Before I was just using modafinil when I needed it for school work, then i started taking it 3-4 days in a row, thats it. I first began feeling an open cut by where my top left wisdom tooth used to be, it felt like it was an open wound but wasnt bleeding. I have now learned that it is an ulcer(i think), but thats not the problem.

The problem is that I am getting the feeling of xerostomia. When i saw the ulcer in my mouth I thought it was a closure of a salivary gland duct and have not ruled it out simply because of what just happend. I got the feeling that i had diarhea and went to the bathroom. What came out wasnt feces it was some saliva. Now, I don't know how to get rid of this side effect besides stopping use which i will. Sucks, but whatever. This seems so weird to me and I looked it up in google to see if it has ever happened to anyone else on any type of medication or because of any disorder but all I got was some gay sex crap. PEACE

#2 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:24 AM

Addam you need to see a qualified medical practioner matey. That is the only thing I will advise you do.

I will also advise the other members who are not qualified medical practioners do not give medical advice. Fair enough, share a similar experiance but do not give medical advice.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ajnast4r

• Guest, F@H
  • 3,925 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:12 PM

agree w/ zoolander

#4 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:42 PM

how does he know it is saliva? could have been bile. he could have some sort of bug. lay off the modafinil and see if it continues. if it doesn't go to a doctor. i think it is a little premature to conclude the modafinil as the culprit to this non life threatening dilemma. u prolly just have some sort of stomach flu. maybe malnourished as well. who knows

#5 addam

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:07 PM

I can feel the symptoms going away, I take a number of nootropics so it could be an adverse reaction with modafinil and something else. It's just ive been taking the same regiment for a good while and this just started happening when I started to take modafinil consistently. I have about 100-200mg of modafinil in the same capsule as 200mg pyritinol by the way. I just got a new order of modafinil in (20 grams powder) so i'm going to just stop everything, wait for stuff to return to normal, then try to take 50-100mg of the new modafinil by itself and see what happens. I just woke up and my mouth feels like its getting more saliva and recovering. We'll see though.

#6 zoolander

• 4,724 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:29 AM

Addam, see a doctor matey. Take all you supplements/nootropics with you and be explicit with what you are feeling. Be honest with the doctor. They need to know everything. Do not stop taking anything that has been prescribed to you by the doctor unless he advises you to stop.

Go on.......get. Go see the Doc Boy!

#7 addam

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:38 AM

Well, I would go see a doctor and tell him everything ive been taking except drugs like Modafinil are prescription drugs. I would be honest with my doctor if I had one that i trusted and felt was knowledgeable enough about the substances ive been taking to give me a correct diagnoses. I just see myself going to a doc, telling him everything and then he gives me some kind of bullshit speculative answer that I could easily get from any forum. The chance I would find a doctor that knows more about the substances im taking than someone on this forum isnt that great, wouldnt you agree? I could be very wrong.

#8 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 12:50 AM

Addam, see a doctor matey. Take all you supplements/nootropics with you and be explicit with what you are feeling. Be honest with the doctor. They need to know everything. Do not stop taking anything that has been prescribed to you by the doctor unless he advises you to stop.

Go on.......get. Go see the Doc Boy!

you are acting like this is a life or death situation. come on, let's be real here. silly rabbit

#9 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:13 AM

Well, I would go see a doctor and tell him everything ive been taking except drugs like Modafinil are prescription drugs. I would be honest with my doctor if I had one that i trusted and felt was knowledgeable enough about the substances ive been taking to give me a correct diagnoses. I just see myself going to a doc, telling him everything and then he gives me some kind of bullshit speculative answer that I could easily get from any forum. The chance I would find a doctor that knows more about the substances im taking than someone on this forum isnt that great, wouldnt you agree? I could be very wrong.

Those are some pretty weird symptoms, and if it were me I'd be seeing my doctor. I might consider not telling the doc about the drugs in order to get the symptoms taken more seriously. If you have mouth cancer, you don't want to throw the doctor a red herring by telling him you are self medicating with a bunch of weird sh*t. If you have a clostridium difficile overgrowth that's causing funky stuff to come out your bum, that needs attention soon. On the plus side, it may kill you quickly so you won't have to suffer through a death from mouth cancer... If it seems too ethically dodgy to not talk about the noots, wait for a diagnosis first, then tell him. Bottom line, I agree with zoolander.

Just in case you are terrified by the worst case scenarios here, if might also be dry mouth from too many anticholinergics, a herpetic lesion or canker sore, ordinary diarrhea or Pringles OD. Nothing here is a diagnosis.

#10 addam

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:10 PM

ok im come to the conclusion that it wasnt the modafinil, it was a combination of the other nootropics i was taking. I might have gotten what is known as Serotonin Syndrome i think? I was taking tianpentine which is a SSRI, but I think the main culprit was vassopressin. The main side effect I got was a huge canker sore on the roof of my mouth right beside where my upper left wisdom tooth used to be. I'm very happy that it wasnt the modafinil by itself causing this because it works so well and I hate ADDERALL and other pyscho stimulents because I feel it impairs my creativity.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 jeromewilson

• 153 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:11 PM

I'm glad to hear you're on the mend, thanks for reporting back.

Sounds like a fair old concoction you had going on there. How did / do you find the tianeptine? I really thought it would be the antidepressant for me until I tired it and it gave me lumbago. Of all the crappy stupid side-effects... then again, I guess I shouldn't grumble, um, considering... :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users